• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fans boo players kneeling during National Anthem

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
Yeah, no problems with ignoramuses and racists in the good old USA.

There was a smattering of boos and one fan was removed from the stadium for throwing a water bottle when players from FC Dallas and Nashville SC collectively took a knee during the national anthem before their Major League Soccer game on Wednesday in Frisco, Texas.
(https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dall...take-a-knee-before-dallas-vs-nashville-in-mls
They boo'd players during the anthem? Those motherfuckers! It is absolute disrespect to make any noise during the anthem! What makes them think that such outrageous disrespect to the anthem would be okay?!

Keep politics out of sport.

I can understand that sentiment, but that's never really been the case. So it would be more like "take politics out of sports", not "keep politics out of sports."

Yeah, but you see, blacks having to play in their own separate league was the good kind of politics in sport, but blacks getting all uppity and using their celebrity/platform to amplify their voice is the wrong kind of politics, so we need to keep those politics out of sport.

Yes, yes. After the national anthem, and the military recruiting with the Air Force or Navy jet flyover, and the marching band stretching the US flag over the field at halftime, aside from that, no politics on the field.
Someone might think to politicize the event!

Keep politics out of sport.

Keep the fucking national anthem out of sports! I"m not a sports fan, but I hate that horrible anthem and I see no reason why it's playied before sporting events.

The national anthem is a hideous song that glorifies war. Sheesh. Do people even think about what they are doing when they stand for the anthem? I don't think so. They are just a bunch of mindless bots. Isn't it time we got over such archaic expressions or nationalism?

And it gets worse:
Both Major League Soccer and FC Dallas released statements late Thursday in support of Dallas defender Reggie Cannon, after the player was the recipient of what FCD characterized as "racist comments and death threats."
https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dallas/story/4159331/fc-dallas-condemns-death-threats-against-reggie-cannon

Mr. Cannon expressed outrage and disgust at the boos. He
is a member of the recently formed Black Players Coalition, an organization comprised of over 70 Black players in MLS. Formed in June, the organization's goal is to address racial inequities in MLS as well as positively impact Black communities across the U.S. and Canada.

Anyone who boos during the Anthem (far more disruptive and thus disrespectful to it) is proving beyond doubt that their complaint has zero to do with the anthem or disrespect, and they are just mad that anyone is complaining about cops murdering black people.

Of course, that's obviously true of those who are upset by the kneeling whether they boo or not, since never in human history has quietly kneeling been a sign of disrespect and troops kneel before the flag in battle situations.

This is partly about social media self sorting and algorithm of reality. If you show something that agrees with the user, they stay on the platform longer.

The booing crowd, if I was there I would have booed (even though I also support having no anthem played at all), see stuff like this from BLM

This is partly about social media stovepiping of reality.

The booing crowd, if I was there I would have booed (even though I also support having no anthem played at all), see stuff like this from BLM

Except that to conflate the kneeling with that requires the moronic racist view that they are the same b/c it's by and/or about black people. Thus, it still comes down the to booers being racist morons.

The national anthem should only be played at international matches, and in those cases, both anthems should be played - with that of the host nation played first.

Where both teams are from the same nation, the national anthem should only be played if the event is part of a multinational tournament, where it is purely coincidental that the two teams are from the same nation state.

Matches between teams both from the same nation should be preceeded by an appropriate song - a city or state anthem, or even a team song - for each team; Or not have a musical introduction for the teams at all.

National anthems at sports events where all competitors are from the same nation are bloody stupid jingoistic crap.

I mean, they are stupid jingoistic crap at international events too, but at least they're relevant bloody stupid jingoistic crap.

The whole anthem and flag-waving thing began in WWI as a jingoistic display of solidarity. Today it's become counter-productive and divisive.
If you don't want political conflict at games don't make them into political rallies with anthems and flag waving.
Just play the game.

Back
Top Bottom