• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

FDR and Hirohito

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
A heretofore unknown meeting occurred in early 1942 between the leaders of Japan and the USA. President Roosevelt, just weeks before the battle of Midway, sat down with the Japanese Emperor and they talked about forming an alliance to prevent another Pearl Harbor. Specifically, FDR wanted the two navies to collaborate so that another potential surprise attack such as happened at Pearl could be avoided.

FDR was pretty smart, don't you think?

FDR was very smart.

I don't think he ever met with Hirohito though.

He died before the war ended.

It doesn't make Trump smart.

It just means a stupid man met with Putin and we may pay.

Trump's a fucking moron. And a paid-for moron at that. After today's news that he wants to collaborate with Russia on cyber security...

I mean seriously, who the fuck is stupid enough to buy this? The sad answer to that: tens of millions of Americans.

A heretofore unknown meeting occurred in early 1942 between the leaders of Japan and the USA. President Roosevelt, just weeks before the battle of Midway, sat down with the Japanese Emperor and they talked about forming an alliance to prevent another Pearl Harbor. Specifically, FDR wanted the two navies to collaborate so that another potential surprise attack such as happened at Pearl could be avoided.

I'm sad to say it took me a minute.

Trump's a fucking moron. And a paid-for moron at that. After today's news that he wants to collaborate with Russia on cyber security...

I mean seriously, who the fuck is stupid enough to buy this? The sad answer to that: tens of millions of Americans.

I liked Lindsey Graham's take. He said it wasn't the dumbest thing he'd ever heard, but close.

The US is not in a military war with Russia and FDR would not be insane enough to discuss naval cooperation mid conflict

It was a strange statement. Even for Trump.

Who's this other kid mom brought home and why is he still here in our house?

I got a chuckle from this: This is sort of like setting up a Carrot Security unit with Bugs Bunny, which is why it was almost universally mocked all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is quite incredible. Putin is pulling that guy's strings with ease. Trump is chummy with the guy pretending to be his best friend, meanwhile Trump is putting at arms length, our actual allies.

I liked Lindsey Graham's take. He said it wasn't the dumbest thing he'd ever heard, but close.
Well, when you stuff Ben Carson, Betsy DeVos, and Rick Perry into a single cabinet, there is going to be competition for Dumbest Thing Said.

FDR was very smart.

I don't think he ever met with Hirohito though.

He died before the war ended.

Actually he didn't technically die. His spirit entered a new body:
fdr_battle_for_america_poster_by_sharpwriter-d46kt1m.jpg

I don't think it was strange. It's the thing we've come to expect from the guy. To me we have an individual that everyone knows isn't very smart, who continues to do those things that have been successful for him in the past. The problem is he's in a new environment and isn't the boss who can make things go away. He's still trying to be clever and cool and popular but everyone knows he's an idiot, except for his fellow idiots.

I don't think it was strange. It's the thing we've come to expect from the guy. To me we have an individual that everyone knows isn't very smart, who continues to do those things that have been successful for him in the past. The problem is he's in a new environment and isn't the boss who can make things go away. He's still trying to be clever and cool and popular but everyone knows he's an idiot, except for his fellow idiots.

I really don't think this is new for Trump.

Trump was the clown of the Manhattan real-estate scene, the sorts of people who are *real fucking rich*. Like, old-money, fuck-you , I'm too occupied paying-up-for-my-brother's-murders rich.

Trump is the epitome of New Money. Just look at his gaudy-ass, ostentatious taste.

More bizarre still:

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” former CIA Director John Brennan said President Donald Trump was “dishonorable” for saying meeting Russian President Vladimir Putin was an “honor.”

Brennan said, “I don’t think he demonstrates good negotiating skills when it comes to Mr. Putin. Two days ago in Warsaw, he gave Mr. Putin the opportunity to point to the failures of U.S. intelligence. To me, I think he ceded that ground. And also right before he met with Mr. Putin and talked with him at some length — which I’m glad he did, he said it’s an honor to meet President Putin. An honor to meet the individual who carried out the assault against our election? To me, it was a dishonorable thing to say.”

Trump wants to collaborate on hacking the 2018 and 2020 elections.

Trump just wants to make money. He doesn't give a fucking shit about anything but increasing his wealth. Russia is a place he'd love to do more business and that is his ultimate aim with all the Russia shenanigans. Nothing really matters to him other than whether it helps him toward this end.

Back
Top Bottom