• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Federal Ethics Chief Resigns After Clashes With Trump

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
"Walter Shaub Jr., director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, announced Thursday he would resign, following a rocky relationship with President Trump and repeated confrontations with the administration.

Shaub, appointed by President Obama in 2013, had unsuccessfully pressed Trump to divest his business interests to avoid potential conflicts of interest, something Trump refused to do."

He will be on All In with Chris Hayes tonight to explain. 8pm eastern.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-director-of-u-s-office-of-government-1499366381-htmlstory.html

Surprise factor: Zero.

Yes, but now what?

He should have pushed until he got fired imo. I can understand not wanting to waste your time beating your head against a concrete barrier but it looks way better if Trump fires you.

As for what now? The same things that were going to happen regardless I suppose.

Yes, but now what?

He should have pushed until he got fired imo. I can understand not wanting to waste your time beating your head against a concrete barrier but it looks way better if Trump fires you.
But if the Trump admin is just going to ignore him, this may be the only way to get any air time

Back
Top Bottom