• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Fire and Fury" The book that demonstrates that Trump is unfit to serve as president

Michael Steele had an interesting take as to why Bannon would say so much against Trump. He thinks Bannon could see the legal handwriting on the wall (re: Russia collusion and other crimes) and was even then starting to distance himself
He must have read my earlier post. ;)

I haven't seen the Wolfe's book yet but the following do not appear that mind-blowing.

http://mashable.com/2018/01/03/craziest-things-michael-wolff-trump-tell-all-book/#sxXpu3ECAOqA

The 14 most mind-blowing items from Michael Wolff's tell-all Trump book excerpt

Here are the titles

1. Trump's people expected his defeat, and felt it was best for the country
2. He ran for fame. Shocker.
3. The dude didn't even want to invest in himself
4. The Trumps were NOT pleased with victory
5. Does Donny even care about the country?
6. Kushner was ~almost~ Chief of Staff
8. Bannon knows Trump's a creep
9. Trump hated his inauguration
10. Bannon loved Trump's travel ban
12. Ivanka jokes about Daddy's combover
13. Trump is very private and often fears he'll be poisoned
14. He low-to-medium-key hates his own staff

Maybe point 12 is the devastating one

I'll check for better examples.

So you are telling us that you fell for click-bait?

Isn't that sort of what you just did? :D

When will Trump learn how to lie convincingly?

The *sigh* President said:
I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don't exist. Look at this guy's past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!

The White House isn't park where people can wander wherever they want. If someone is in the White House, can interview dozens of people... they likely have to have been given approval to be there. Unless the Secret Service has stopped caring about his protection. Unless, a top aide overstepped Trump's command on the author, he is full of it.

Then there is a big thing about the threat to the author and "Sloppy Steve"? Seriously, he is supposed to be the President.

Michael Wolff isn't really a traditional journalist. He's more of a rumormonger (although he's a decent writer) and a lot of what is reported in the book is unsourced. So, I am overall, skeptical. The problem as I see it though, is that even if say, 3/4 of the book is complete and utter fabrication, that still leaves a horrible, fucked up situation in the White House. The other problem, as far as I see it, is that because of the incredibly unprofessional behavior and outright commitment to lyng at every possible opportunity, there's nothing that I've heard of in that book that I think could be beyond this administration. I certainly have no trust of Bannon suddenly giving up the goods, either. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, but he's still a lyng, bigoted scumbag.

well, when I personally hear what sounds like thunder, and I am getting wet, and I see nothing but clouds, and see water falling from the sky..... if the biggest pathological liar in the world tells me its raining out, I'm still going to believe that person in that one instance.

I am surprised (though perhaps should not be) at how many people believe Bannon wrote this book

I'm not that surprised, actually... when this all was first reported that was the impression I got.. I think it was because what Bannon was quoted as saying was the news item, not the book itself.... as the story developed, it became more clear.. but I thought Bannon wrote the book when they were quoting the shit out of him.... for about an hour, until a higher quality reporting picked up.

Other than providing new quotes and new feud dynamics, it mostly confirms prior reporting about the situation there. It's a disaster.

I wonder if best girl Ivanka will get the same Bannon treatment.

Ivanka Reveals the Truth About Trump’s Hair—And Mocks It, Too

“She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his comb-over to others,” Wolff writes, as extracted in . “She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction *surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”
“The color, she would point out to comical effect,” Woolf continues, “was from a product called Just for Men—the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump’s orange-blond hair color.”

Did Wolfe also expose Trump'a small thingy writing it looks like a pecker only it's much smaller.

I doubt Ivanka mentioned it... unless she wanted to convey how tight her pussy still is for when her husband is sent to prison.

In my daily tour of conservative sites, there's almost nothing about this. On the reddit forums it's been banned from discussion. Like, there was a post or two early on, but they've been taken down. On the independent ones you'll find a thread or two with no more than a page and a half worth of "I never liked Bannon anyway!" and of course, "Fake news!" There have been some drive-by comments like "Trump is getting proceeds from the book and is playing 3-D chess with this!" type of silly bullshit. That there's no evidence for this is par for the course.

I'm searching for a word or phrase to describe it, but I can't think of an appropriate one.

"Denial" comes to mind, but this is something else. It's active self-censorship. Like all the Trump supporters have hunkered down in a bunker and are trying to come up with a response.

It's so fucking... weird.

The word is "deluded". Although, for some, "Raptured" fits better. His base has forsaken Jesus and replaced the invisible Him with the Orange Trump.

Sarah Huckabee:

Trump is a "strong and good leader"

She damn near said it! "Dear leader" :sick-green:

Out of all of this circus, I have to say that I simply adore Sarah. I mean, I hold her in the highest respect. She is simply fantastic at her job. Her pivots can be worked on to be a bit less jolting at times, but otherwise she is a genius at doing what she does.

Yeah, so? I'm talking about the Chief of Staff, the guy that's suppose to control access to the POTUS, the guy that came in in late July and evidently didn't say, who's this? Didn't do any background on this guy just sitting there. Didn't wonder what he might be writing or try to exercise any control over it.
Barring any further information, my guess is Kelly doesn't see his job as controlling access to the president. Well then, just what is his function? Tackle the idiot when he goes for the football?

Joe Scarborough asked this question of the Trump staff in general but unless I missed it, did not bring up the Chief of Staff specifically.

Oh well. If I'm the only one asking this question...

I am of the opinion that the answer to your question is blatantly evident.. disorganization and disbelief... no one saw this coming and no one knew what to do... so everyone just stands around pretending to know what they are doing, and nothing gets done and no one knows what anyone is doing.

As for the bulk of your post, why such the effort to complain about the leaker?

"But your honor, if Officer Smith didn't leak that information to you, you wouldn't even have known I raped and murdered those 12 people! The harm that Officer Smith caused me is extreme and he should be fired and I should be set free... LEAKER LEAKER LEARKER!!!!

I haven't seen the Wolfe's book yet but the following do not appear that mind-blowing.

http://mashable.com/2018/01/03/craziest-things-michael-wolff-trump-tell-all-book/#sxXpu3ECAOqA

The 14 most mind-blowing items from Michael Wolff's tell-all Trump book excerpt

Here are the titles

1. Trump's people expected his defeat, and felt it was best for the country
2. He ran for fame. Shocker.
3. The dude didn't even want to invest in himself
4. The Trumps were NOT pleased with victory
5. Does Donny even care about the country?
6. Kushner was ~almost~ Chief of Staff
8. Bannon knows Trump's a creep
9. Trump hated his inauguration
10. Bannon loved Trump's travel ban
12. Ivanka jokes about Daddy's combover
13. Trump is very private and often fears he'll be poisoned
14. He low-to-medium-key hates his own staff

Maybe point 12 is the devastating one

I'll check for better examples.

So you are telling us that you fell for click-bait?

Isn't that sort of what you just did? :D

only if he went to the link and clicked though the "slideshow"

"click bait" is when a fake news website offers a juicy headline, and then forces you to click for a new page every sentence so they can reload a whole fresh set of ads. If 1 article that easily fits on 1 page can be stretched to 10 pages, they get 10 times the ad revenue, and an inflation of their web traffic that fakes value to the ad providers.

It is very lucrative for them. So much so, most click bait ends with nothing interesting or new... it usually starts out with a picture and a caption like "you'll never guess what happens next" or "stop <insert the traditionally unstoppable> with one weird trick".... and then wanders around until it takes you to "oh. well duh."... so you wasted 10 minutes of your time and generated a dollar in commercials for them... also very common are "top 10 things..." that way, they can list them on 10 separate pages!

When will Trump learn how to lie convincingly?

The *sigh* President said:
I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don't exist. Look at this guy's past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!

The White House isn't park where people can wander wherever they want. If someone is in the White House, can interview dozens of people... they likely have to have been given approval to be there. Unless the Secret Service has stopped caring about his protection. Unless, a top aide overstepped Trump's command on the author, he is full of it.

Then there is a big thing about the threat to the author and "Sloppy Steve"? Seriously, he is supposed to be the President.

Look, you gotta hand it to him. Sloppy Steve is brilliant.

What really gets to me about this, if true, is that the entire executive staff of the WH thinks the president of the United States is incompetent and dangerous yet they do nothing about it.

I wonder if Trump has mayonnaise on his fries? :)

The Guardian also scooped this:

According to Wolff, Trump began his tenure in the presidential residence by requesting a lock be placed on the door of his bedroom – during “the first time since the Kennedy White House that a presidential couple had maintained separate rooms” – in what is by any standard one of the most secure homes in the world.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/949296956651786240

"A core truth we've learned from the Wolff book that many are overlooking: the fact that Trump didn't want or expect to be president means he didn't want or intend to help ANY of those he claimed to want to help, and instead intended to leave them with Clinton as their president."

Back
Top Bottom