• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Five Songs and a Vibe

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I don’t get out much, music-wise.
Now that I have actual internet and I can access music streaming services, I would like to explore.

So post to this thread a list of five songs (and the artists) and the “vibe” that they give you. I can use this to start a playlist/channel/stream or whatever they call it on the music services.

For example, some vibes I made for mix tapes back in the day,
Neck Exercises (heavy metal)
We Should Dance as Much as Possible
Harmonies
…and my brother’s favorite, Women Whose Voices I’d Like to Sleep With

Give me some seeds…

Format:
  • Song 1 and artist
  • Song 2 and artist
  • Song 3 and artist
  • Song 4 and artist
  • Song 5 and artist
  • Collection vibe (or “algorthm vibe”)

Last edited:
I've been convinced over the years that music taste is inextricably linked to the extraversion spectrum. The more extroverted someone is the more upbeat they like their music, and vice versa with introversion and slower tunes. That being said, since you're a little more gregarious than I am I don't know if these will be helpful..

Anything Omar Sosa and Omar Sosa Radio (Spotify) - phenomenal, modern jazz pianist but a lot of it is slow and reflective
Red Garland's Piano (this is an album) - also a jazz pianist but he's got a bit of a lighter, fun, and classic edge to his music
Kina Grannis - one of the few, modern singer songwriters that I find original and interesting. She writes her own music and is popular. Nice dreamy voice and music.
Lofi Hip Hop Beats - you'd find a number of similar playlists on Spotify. Just what it says: down-tempo, relaxing music
Toto Bona Lokua - Bondeko (album) - put out by an African group that does vocal harmonies. One of the few interesting and enjoyable albums I've heard recently

You can't go wrong with Ted Gioia's Best of Lists for seeds: http://www.tedgioia.com/

Awesome. I sometimes have very chill days.

And what is the overall vibe of this collection? What mood would you be in when you plugged in this seed to a playlist?

Edited - oh I think I misunderstood your list - was each line a separate vibe with one song to seed it? I’ll try that, too.

The game I meant was 5 songs that collectively create a vibe.

Really liked KIna Grandis and Toto Bona Lokua already. :)

The game I meant was 5 songs that collectively create a vibe.

My bad, must be the lack of sleep. I wouldn't do well with this game, I can barely remember song titles even from my favourite albums.

My Lover's Prayer - Otis Redding
I Love Every Little Thing About You - Aretha
Trust Me - Janis Joplin
Abandoned Love - Dylan
Morning Dew - Grateful Dead
Vibe - reflective, the kind of attitude you get on a longish car trip when you reconsider phases of your life

London Town - Wings
More Than this - Roxy Music
Perfect Day - Lou Reed
Penny Lane - Beatles
Woman - John Lennon

These are some of the songs that I listened to a lot as a teenager, and it makes me feel nostalgic to hear them today, remembering my world as it used to be in the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom