• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Florida man asks schools to ban Bible following the state's efforts to remove books

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic

Florida man asks schools to ban Bible following the state's efforts to remove books

Stevens proceeded to question whether the Bible is age-appropriate, pointing to its "casual" references to murder, adultery, sexual immorality, and fornication. "Do we really want to teach our youth about drunken orgies?"

He also took issue with the many Biblical references to rape, bestiality, cannibalism and infanticide. "In the end, if Jimmy and Susie are curious about any of the above, they can do what everyone else does – get a room at the Motel Six and grab the Gideons," he wrote.

He's got a point. When it comes to snuff it's hard to beat the bible.

Fair cop.

We need to get rid of encyclopedias too, have you seem the filth most of them contain? Why, I learned what a clitoris was from an encyclopedia at the tender age of ten. And now look at me, bisexual as a blossom and showy besides. It's positively shameful!

Also Abraham and his wife Sarah:

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife." Genesis 20:12

BTW this admission came after Abraham pimped Sarah out to another king as a means to sic Biblegod on him.
Genesis 1-20

Not to mention the positive portrayal of incest.
Certainly the Bible mentions incest. Where are these positive portrayals?
Lots daughters, as their descendants would go on to found nations.
The Bible notes that it happens. It hardly puts in it a positive light. It states it as a fact of history.
The Bible does not shy away from the fact we are wicked and perverse at times.

With so much morally bankrupt stuff in the bible, it's a wonder they're not trying to save children from churches instead of ethnic arithmetic.

The Bible notes that it happens. It hardly puts in it a positive light. It states it as a fact of history.
It’s also a wonderful collection of stone age and iron age history and stories. Lots of great literature makes reference to this history and stories. But probably okay to leave that to post-secondary study.

Awe look, we got folks who love talking to children about how incest, slavery, and countless other stuff are ok. I thought you didn't want that in the schools?

Yeah, that ole knee of mine jerking again. I'll go watch some Johnny Depp trial footage and head off to bed for the night.

That’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
The heinous acts, the guilt, the obligation, the repentance for lack of gratitude as yet another sin … it all goes to one place.

“Hey, I know how you can get rid of ALL that! Dump it on Jesus, right here on this plate, next to His tax-free 10% of your meager paycheck. Amen!!!”

But it doesn't say they did anything wrong.

Stevens proceeded to question whether the Bible is age-appropriate, pointing to its "casual" references to murder, adultery, sexual immorality, and fornication. "Do we really want to teach our youth about drunken orgies?"

He also took issue with the many Biblical references to rape, bestiality, cannibalism and infanticide. "In the end, if Jimmy and Susie are curious about any of the above, they can do what everyone else does – get a room at the Motel Six and grab the Gideons," he wrote.
But but but the best part was the part where Ezekiel described the genitals and sexual performance of Egyptian men, donkeys, and horses in the same sentence! It is amazing how nobody asks how he came into the possession of such information!

It seems now there are threats of lawsuits against far right books such as pseudo-histories from the likes of David Barton in schools and school libraries.
There are teachers beginning to organize to fight inadequate and misleading sanitized history books and materials in schools. Here in Texas, a city's progressive citizens are suing a school district for banning history books and others the right wingers dislike.

But but but the best part was the part where Ezekiel described the genitals and sexual performance of Egyptian men, donkeys, and horses in the same sentence! It is amazing how nobody asks how he came into the possession of such information
Oh my.
What would happen if a third grade teacher took to reading that and other such passages to a public school class? Would Bible humpers leap to their defense? Join the movement to ban the Bible? A difficult dilemma fer sure. Someone should try it …

But but but the best part was the part where Ezekiel described the genitals and sexual performance of Egyptian men, donkeys, and horses in the same sentence! It is amazing how nobody asks how he came into the possession of such information
Oh my.
What would happen if a third grade teacher took to reading that and other such passages to a public school class? Would Bible humpers leap to their defense? Join the movement to ban the Bible? A difficult dilemma fer sure. Someone should try it …
Let's do it!

Back
Top Bottom