• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Following Jesus

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Learner declared Jesus as the most ethical person to have ever lived

Learmr.

As an ardent ethical and moral follower of Jesus do you

1. Accept divorce
2. Approve of sex outside of marriage, fornication
3. Accept marriage as only between man and woman. Do you oppose of gay marriage.
4 Do you believe you are a slave to god, Jesus always deferred to god
5. Should slaves be obient to masters, Jesus never opposed slavery which was common

Learner declared Jesus as the most ethical person to have ever lived...
Well, Learner has a lot to learn. If you take a superficial glance at some parts of the Gospel story, Jesus may come across as a wonderful guy. He used nice words like love and forgiveness. If you take those words in context, though, Jesus is revealed to be a fanatical and dangerous religious zealot who knowingly planned to see his followers in life-threatening situations. You mentioned divorce, for example. Jesus opposed divorce for any reason except infidelity. If people abide by his rule, then those people in abusive marriages must remain married and endure the abuse even to the point of death!

And then he judged those who sought divorce as hardhearted.

I thinkm,amy Chtiams have a feel good infatuation. Jesus loves me and I am saved, what the gospels say and conflicts are ireelevant.

In modern drug terms, they are high as a kite and impervious to words. They are tripping, so to speak.

I thinkm,amy Chtiams have a feel good infatuation. Jesus loves me and I am saved, what the gospels say and conflicts are ireelevant.

In modern drug terms, they are high as a kite and impervious to words. They are tripping, so to speak.
That's why I refer to it as the Jesus Junk, and them as junkies.

Eldarion Lathria

Eldarion Lathria
BTW, how's the weather over there in Atlantis?

Eldarion Lathria
BTW, how's the weather over there in Atlantis?
Wet. Winter is coming.

Eldarion Lathria

1. Accept divorce
3. Accept marriage as only between man and woman. Do you oppose of gay marriage.
5. Should slaves be obedient to masters, Jesus never opposed slavery which was common

As an ethical follower of the most ethical person ever, these are simple yes/no quotations. There is no interpretaion, His words are clear.

1. Accept divorce
5. Should slaves be obedient to masters, Jesus never opposed slavery which was common

As an ethical follower of the most ethical person ever, these are simple yes/no quotations. There is no interpretaion, His words are clear.
Your "there is no interpretation involved" is paired with "well he never said not to and that's the same as saying yes" in a most fascinating fashion. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom