• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fox and Hen wanted to create "Impenetrable" Henhouse

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
Early Sunday, Twitler tweets this:
imenetrable.png

Seriously, Trump is out of his mind.

Even some extremist Republicans when they heard this had to speak out. Senator Lindsey Graham said, "It's not the dumbest idea I have ever heard but it's pretty close."

Former US defense secretary said, "This is like the guy who robbed your house proposing a working group on burglary."

By the end of day Sunday, Twitler tweets something different:
DEVmjDEVYAAprA0.jpg

Modern-day Presidential: tweet crazy things, then when they are thwarted, shift the goalposts in another tweet. Rinse and repeat.

You clearly realize this guy is no business genius.

He is insane.

And in insane systems the insane do well.

Yes, he is no genius, we established that. Question is, is he an idiot? I think the the answer is probably "Yes"

He discussed sharing all US cyber security information with Putin.

And brags about it too.

Yes he is an idiot.

I think he may have dementia like Ronnie Raygun. So I guess we made America great again.

I think he may have dementia like Ronnie Raygun. So I guess we made America great again.
It may not be dementia, just habit.

He surrounds himself with people who tell him what he wants to hear and always act as if they believe what he tells them. I think it's quite possible he just believes that once he (or Putin) has said it, everyone is supposed to accept it as a fact and proceed accordingly.

He surrounds himself with people who tell him what he wants to hear and always act as if they believe what he tells them. I think it's quite possible he just believes that once he (or Putin) has said it, everyone is supposed to accept it as a fact and proceed accordingly.
Or he is easy to get to accept certain things. Trump wants respect and approval. Putin is shrewd and extremely intelligent and probably find manipulating Trump is too easy, but finds his influence of Trump incredibly powerful when gaming the right-wing Trump supporters of the US.

Meanwhile in history...
Trump Tweet said:
Khrushchev says no nukes on Cuba. Fake News press needs to find another foil.

Actually, the Cuban Missle analogy is pretty apt. The US throws a conniption fit over the Cuban missiles, recklessly bringing the world to the brink of utter annihilation because of the fundamentally macho-mentality of it's leaders. All the while, the US has been engaging in the same, or even worse. Only because there still existed a few good men on both sides, and a bit of stupid luck, the world survived.

I don't know if reason will prevail this time. Especially since our current crop of leaders don't really know war or destruction. And their overall quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Even some extremist Republicans when they heard this had to speak out. Senator Lindsey Graham said, "It's not the dumbest idea I have ever heard but it's pretty close."

Of course President Trump can't have the dumbest idea ever, because the dumbest idea *is* President Trump.

I agree that his behavior really doesn't fit with dementia/Alzheimers. And he also doesn't seem to be an idiot, even if not the brightest bulb. But he does seem to be a hard core narcissist.

I'd say he is a slam dunk for at least 8 of the 9 below bullets.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-sociopath-similarities-differences-and-signs
Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and lack of empathy as indicated by 5 or more of the following:

* Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
* Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited power, success, brilliance, beauty or ideal love
* Believes her or she is “special” and can only be understood by similarly special, high status people
* Requires excessive admiration
* Has a sense of entitlement
* Is interpersonally exploitative
* Lacks empathy
* Is envious of others or believes others are envious of him/her
* Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

And narcissism seems to a snug fit with gaslighting as well...
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/opinions/donald-trump-is-gaslighting-america-ghitis/
Mental health professionals have made much of the practice, said to be a favorite of narcissists and abusive spouses. But more recently the tactical tampering with the truth has become a preferred method of strongmen around the world. Gaslighting by other means was always a common feature of dictatorships, but it has found new vogue as a more subtle form of domestic political control even in countries with varying degrees of democracy.

Now Trump has brought it to the United States. The techniques include saying and doing things and then denying it, blaming others for misunderstanding, disparaging their concerns as oversensitivity, claiming outrageous statements were jokes or misunderstandings, and other forms of twilighting the truth.
<snip>
When Trump says something that outrages a portion of the population and pleases one segment, he can have it both ways. Voters eager for a tough guy president may be happy with the bully, while those who don't like it might be appeased by the denial. In the end, few people can keep up with all the facts all the time. And as he tries to undercut the credibility of serious journalists, he makes it even harder for everyone else to find an easy path to the truth.

The sad fact is, Trump is incompetent. He hasn't a clue and surrounds himself with clueless idiots. He won't take clues from those who know things. If his daddy hadn't left him millions of dollars to play with, he'd probably be in prison by now.

Back
Top Bottom