• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

FU America, Canada Has Crazies Too

Tom Sawyer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
That I'm God
With all the talk about Trump and the other nincompoops who run around America, it's important to remember that the rest of the world has its share of crazy morons as well. You haven't quite cornered the market in that one yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/scheer-trudeau-payette-divine-intervention-1.4385895

Basically, our Governor-General (who, oddly enough, is neither a governor nor a general) is this astronaut lady who made sciency comments at a science conference and the leader of our Conservative Party (for reference to the US political spectrum, think of them as slightly to the left of Bernie Sanders) got all up in arms about somebody questioning the validity of religious beliefs.

He said her statements were "extremely disappointing" and then had his spokesperson defer to his previous statements when questioned about it. For those of you without access to Google Translate of Canadian, that's the equivalent of saying that he wants to take a flamethrower to her face.

Fortunately, Prime Minister McDreamy made a polite statement in support of her comments, which is our version of going on a twitter rampage saying he wants to knife the Conservative leader's mother up the ass.

It's a rough day on the political scene up here in Canada.

FU America, Canada Has Crazies Too

Canada is full of white people, and we know white people are murderous terrorists, so yeah.

Yep, our conservatives are awful too. We had some even worse candidates in the running for Conservative leadership after the last shitty guy left.

That there is only one Conservative party out of five in our system, and they don't run away with the election every time says a lot.

"We are a government grounded in science. Canadians are people who understand the value of science and knowledge as a foundation for the future of our country," he said.

"And I am extraordinarily proud of the strength and the story of our Governor General, Julie Payette, who has never hidden away her passion for science and her deep faith that knowledge, research and the truth is a foundation for any free, stable, successful society. And I applaud the firmness with which she stands in support of science and the truth."

Trudeau said that, and yet, isn't he considered a pretty hardcore Islamophile? I think my brain is going to explode from the cognitive dissonance.

How is it a derail to talk about crazy Canadians in a thread about crazy Canadians?
And it wasn't even me who first mentioned Trudeau, but I did notice you did not censor thebeave's post.

A Governor General who, according to a Party leader, offends jews, christians, muslims, indigenous people and basically all articles of faith equally without bias or prejudice? Isn't that the sort of egalitarian thinking we want in our politicians?

Also "Extremely disappointing" is some pretty strong fighting words. People generally get sacked after such a broadside.

Back
Top Bottom