• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Funny: Death to Bullshit

After reading that link I had to ask myself if anyone needed to be told that people dislike and attempt to ignore bullshit.

From the link:
As the landslide of bullshit surges down the mountain, people will increasingly gravitate toward genuinely useful, well-crafted products, services, and experiences that respect them and their time.

To me it seemed to not be a useful, well-crafted product or a service or experience that respected me or my time. Reading a link that tells me something that I and everybody else already know, that people don't like bullshit, seems to be a waste of time. Does this make the scree against bullshit just more bullshit that I waded through? :confused:

I think it's a good example if someone wants to know how to present clear information or make a blog. I'd show them that site.

Jargon is bullshit? I wasn't aware of that.
In its proper place, jargon fulfills a purpose of conveying specific information related to a task or job setting. I mean, If I tell the junior missile tech to go get me a Kluge, he's off and running with clear instructions. If I have to tell him to go and get the tool that was created by some missile tech years ago to assist in the swift and dependable operation of hydraulic valve override controls, with the name taken from a joke that goes back as far as WWII, at least,' that's going to be the bullshit choice. And a long discussion, delaying the task being performed.

Perhaps he means 'misapplied' jargon? Jargon used in trying to communicate with people not regularly expected to know, understand and/or use the term?

Maybe he just means 'If I don't understand it, it's bullshit.'

I think it's a good example if someone wants to know how to present clear information or make a blog. I'd show them that site.
Or you just show them your own blog/website.

- - - Updated - - -

Jargon is bullshit? I wasn't aware of that.
In its proper place, jargon fulfills a purpose of conveying specific information related to a task or job setting. I mean, If I tell the junior missile tech to go get me a Kluge, he's off and running with clear instructions. If I have to tell him to go and get the tool that was created by some missile tech years ago to assist in the swift and dependable operation of hydraulic valve override controls, with the name taken from a joke that goes back as far as WWII, at least,' that's going to be the bullshit choice. And a long discussion, delaying the task being performed.

Perhaps he means 'misapplied' jargon? Jargon used in trying to communicate with people not regularly expected to know, understand and/or use the term?

Maybe he just means 'If I don't understand it, it's bullshit.'
Either that or he's been exposed to business manager's jargon. Now that is some bullshit.

But even business 'jargon' serves a purpose n the right context.

At the end of the day, you have to demonstrate your commitment to the company's fundamental paradigm, assuring the bean-counters that you're a proactive asset. Else you'll be an anchor dragging them down, or at least perceived to be one.

Guys you are taking it way to seriously - I just that it was funny when all the ads, share links, facebook crap, popups, etc were turned on/off. It's funny because so many sites look like that.

Reminded me of Biff the Unclean comparing some of my commentary to Harry Frankfurt's "On Bullshit".

Too bad Biff was so over the top, he was an interesting old coot, even with his personality flaws (or maybe because of).

Reminded me of Biff the Unclean comparing some of my commentary to Harry Frankfurt's "On Bullshit".

Too bad Biff was so over the top, he was an interesting old coot, even with his personality flaws (or maybe because of).

I forgot about Biff. Biff worked with Koko the gorilla, and I always enjoyed reading about the inside stories on Koko and his kitten All Ball. A lot of people doubted that he worked with Koko though.

Koko...that chimp's cool. *high five*

Back
Top Bottom