• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Game of Thrones' sand snakes

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist
The sand snakes were new characters heavily hyped before the beginning of this season of Games of Thrones. To me, they have been the most boring plot thread this season, and 2 of them totally unmemorable. (The one with bobbed hair is the somewhat memorable one.) All in all, they've seemed to me all hype, not much bite--a big disappointment. Fortunately, most of the other stuff is working well this season.

Whereas I, having never seen any of this hype, had no such problems. I could have done without the Dorne subplot entirely, but seeing as how it does exist, the sand snakes are pretty much the closest it gets to actual entertainment value, IMO.

Whereas I, having never seen any of this hype, had no such problems. I could have done without the Dorne subplot entirely, but seeing as how it does exist, the sand snakes are pretty much the closest it gets to actual entertainment value, IMO.

That's a common feeling amoungst the book readers too. Same with the Ironmen. Without them the whole (book) series might be done by now. Maybe.

That's a common feeling amoungst the book readers too. Same with the Ironmen. Without them the whole (book) series might be done by now. Maybe.

Well, technically speaking, with them the book series should be done by now. The guy is seriously dogging it with his writing and pulling a Robert Jordan on the whole series.

I was just thinking how the non-completion of this book series had become a bit of a joke (IMO), then I realised I'd thought that before. And right now I just think it's been a bit of a joke for quite some time. I'm steadily working through all those lists of books "to read while waiting for Winds of Winter comes out". They're not that long really.

It's all a bit (well, actually, very) silly now, and even more so now being there's not the faintest hope that the books will be finished before the series has aired and been forgotten.

Sad considering how it all started. Good thing I discovered Brandon Sanderson: at least he publishes books (!)

I was just thinking how the non-completion of this book series had become a bit of a joke (IMO), then I realised I'd thought that before. And right now I just think it's been a bit of a joke for quite some time. I'm steadily working through all those lists of books "to read while waiting for Winds of Winter comes out". They're not that long really.

It's all a bit (well, actually, very) silly now, and even more so now being there's not the faintest hope that the books will be finished before the series has aired and been forgotten.

Sad considering how it all started. Good thing I discovered Brandon Sanderson: at least he publishes books (!)

Martin is kind of like George Lucas. He created something awesome, but it's past time that he handed it off to someone else. The last two books in the series were a serious drop off in quality which took him ages to write and it's looking like the next one will be the same sort of bloated morass. Nobody gives a shit about the filler in the middle of the series - move onto the finale.

Back
Top Bottom