• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Game thread - post nonsense word, next player defines, posts next nonsense word

Nickname given to a Navy sailor who has a remarkable familiarity with the ship's detention facility.

"I wondered aloud if there was any privacy in the Brig. The department brigalou said, 'The shower curtains are clear, but if you're tge only guy in there, they let you hang three curtains on one stall and it's as alone as you ever get.'"

Funcassord

Funcassord. A small, magical object that protects time travelers from wiping themselves out of existence.

"I lost my funcassord and damn near killed my grandpa!"

plefferal

plefferal
In cultures where two different gods control lightning and thunder, it's the time between the lightning strike and the accompanying thunder. Used as a metaphor for communication, coordination, and jostling your brother's elbow so he stops flirting with Rain and gets on with the job.

In cultures were one god is responsible for both thunder and lightning, the same word alludes to craftmanship, professionalism, and organizing your work bench before you start a project so your hand isn't hovering over sleet, hail, and ball lighnting while you look for the damned thunder.

Anthropologists have adopted the term to refer to the time between submitting a paper and realizing you never attached the appendices.

"Ten years on my paper about the religious significance of pearl necklaces in the Jewish Diaspora, and my plefferal lasted two whole weeks! FMR."

linkoane

Comprehension Check #1:

A. Linkoane
2. Pushevvvast
C. Uupspunt
D. Poddile
5. Vestockerre

[___] The art of cooking food by mounting it on the engine block before a long car trip.

[___] The act of trolling a passionate activist with a trick question, like “Should they teach ARABIC numbers in American schools?”

[___] The moment one realizes that in order to get ice for their drink they need to empty, and then refill, the ice trays in the freezer.

[___] An archaic rhyming scheme of death-march cadences from pre-Napoleonic auxiliaries: A,A,A,A,A,B,Q,A,A.

[___] Empty threats made to political opponents involving ferrets. Originally limited to domesticated ferrets, has been expanded over the years to include just about any you can find, including roadkill.

[___] A Lilliputian neighborhood built on the outskirts of Brobdingrag's throne room (from the unpublished sequel).

[___] The traditional cry of discovery when unearthing an anachronistic fossil during excavation for a Discovery Institute outbuilding foundatiojn.

Pooperknobber

Pooperknobber is actually the name of one of my childhood friend's little chihuahua. One winter we went out to a pond that was frozen, and for some reason my friend tossed Pooperknobber out onto the ice. His body just went rigid and he stood stock still as his body skated and spun across the ice. It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. Poor Pooperknobber.

I know that's not exactly how this game goes, but I wanted to get the nonsense ball rolling again.

wampish

Zinchop, the hardest yoga pose in the world, beating out even Seven Monkey Handstand and Formidable Mouse poses as most difficult in the world. Only three people have been known to successfully complete Zinchop pose and they all died from not being able to get out of the pose.

swetationism

swetationism
From 'Swetat,' the Esperanto term for the effort to control sexual diversity through mockery, swetationism is an official stance held by a government agency, congregation, or school administration to curb one or more offensive 'perversions' through public humiliation.
Of note, the existenace of swetationism is usually taken as a straight line by comedians for the purpose of mocking the mockery (see SNL, Monty Python, and Tucker Carlson (inadvertently).).

Poodlisst

Poodlisst

That sound windows 11 makes when a plug-and-play device is connected

doongadoom

A political candidate that looks decent at first glance but once they're on the ticket, they remove their mask and go full blabbermouth moron Republiclown.

Our current political landscape is littered with dongadooms such as Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Marjorie Taylor Greene, but in the olden days, dongadooms were a bit more scarce. We all remember classic dongadoom Sarah Palin, a game changer in right wing politics, spawning a new generation of dongadooms like evangelicals spawn future bigots, all ready and willing to bring doom down upon our heads.

snuh

Back
Top Bottom