• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gas almost $7 a gallon

I still think new Tesla's are over priced. I got mine used for $32,000. 2018 Model 3 Long Range AWD with 50k miles on it. Near perfect condition with premium white interior.
I agree they are overpriced. I just got a used Fiat plug-in and it’s been nice not having to stop for gas! My car was cheap because it is an early one with only 70 miles range. But that suits me fine, I just bought it to commute to work and my commute is 13 miles round trip.

Now I only have to fill up the gas-powered car once a month or so for any trips out of town. And it’s been sweet haivng the price go down - (Brandon did that!) though last time it seemed like it was up a bit again?

I saw $2.60/gal reg today on the west (most expensive) side of town.

it's pathetic that his opponents are pretending he's as stupid and ineffective as TFG.
It’s pathetic that ‘pugs can tell the MAGAts that Biden is as stupid and ineffective as Cheato, and the morons BELIEVE it!!
And why did they blame Biden for gas prices when they were high, but now that gas is below 3 bucks a gallon, at least where I live, they aren't giving Biden any credit. Of course, those of us with half a brain know that the president can't control the price of a global commodity, but I guess the MAGAs and company only blame a Democrat when things are bad, but never given a Dem any credit when things improve.
Republicans blamed Biden for high gas prices because he did exactly what he said he was going to do during his campaign. There are numerous occasions Biden is caught on camera saying he would do everything possible to kill the oil companies and promote green energy. And thats exactly what Biden has done. If you happen to be an oil company CEO you really can not invest in the future when the federal governement wants you to go bankrupt, all future exploration and drilling projects are put on hold. So when it comes to supply vs demand, most Republicans realize the economic reality that prices are generally going to go up when supply decreases (for whatever reason).

Gasoline prices are now temporarily going down now because the fed is artificially rising interest causing a recession also causing demand to go down too. If you give credit Biden for today's low gasoline prices you must also give him the credit for the recession most economists say we are either in or about to experience.

it's pathetic that his opponents are pretending he's as stupid and ineffective as TFG.
It’s pathetic that ‘pugs can tell the MAGAts that Biden is as stupid and ineffective as Cheato, and the morons BELIEVE it!!
And why did they blame Biden for gas prices when they were high, but now that gas is below 3 bucks a gallon, at least where I live, they aren't giving Biden any credit. Of course, those of us with half a brain know that the president can't control the price of a global commodity, but I guess the MAGAs and company only blame a Democrat when things are bad, but never given a Dem any credit when things improve.
Republicans blamed Biden for high gas prices because he did exactly what he said he was going to do during his campaign. There are numerous occasions Biden is caught on camera saying he would do everything possible to kill the oil companies and promote green energy. And thats exactly what Biden has done. If you happen to be an oil company CEO you really can not invest in the future when the federal governement wants you to go bankrupt, all future exploration and drilling projects are put on hold. So when it comes to supply vs demand, most Republicans realize the economic reality that prices are generally going to go up when supply decreases (for whatever reason).

Gasoline prices are now temporarily going down now because the fed is artificially rising interest causing a recession also causing demand to go down too. If you give credit Biden for today's low gasoline prices you must also give him the credit for the recession most economists say we are either in or about to experience.
The real deal is that Government officials have little impact on the economy, including the cost of gas. Biden is very effectively managing the oil reserves. But regardless, what bothers me is that the right blames Biden for all bad news, no credit for any good news.

because the fed is artificially rising interest
Interest rates are not a natural phenomenon, so lowering rates would be exactly equally "artificial". And artificial things are, generally, better than natural things - in the absence of the artificial, you would be dead in short order.

And of course, the Fed isn't arbitrarily raising rates, nor doing so for political reasons; They're obeying their remit and obligation to control inflation by raising interest rates when inflation exceeds the upper limit of their target range. Their actions are mechanistic, not political - they are responding like clockwork, and it is your suggestion that they shouldn't do so that constitutes a desire for unreasonable political interference.

Back
Top Bottom