• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gender derail from "Another day" thread.

You mean his TG sister, not brother.

The media was correct.
The Dayton shooter did not kill his sister; he killed his trans brother.

He was not motivated by any flavor of leftist ideology.

Nope. "Brother" is the correct terminology. Your terminology implies that the person's gender identity was "woman". It was not.

Anything less than accepting this person's chosen identity is an insult to who they are. I cannot speak to the quality of their attempts to live their identity; I cannot say he was GOOD at being a man, but it is not yours to say he wasn't a man; it was his own, and he said it in his life

The media was correct.

Nope. "Brother" is the correct terminology. Your terminology implies that the person's gender identity was "woman". It was not.

Anything less than accepting this person's chosen identity is an insult to who they are. I cannot speak to the quality of their attempts to live their identity; I cannot say he was GOOD at being a man, but it is not yours to say he wasn't a man; it was his own, and he said it in his life
Some have no qualms with being insulting so long as they’re correct. I’m not saying anyone has been insulting—just saying that the truth is independent of it; however, what grabs my attention is the idea of what to do when they self-identify as a woman in the public’s eye but then as a man only amongst the closest of friends.

Some have no qualms with being insulting so long as they’re correct. I’m not saying anyone has been insulting—just saying that the truth is independent of it; however, what grabs my attention is the idea of what to do when they self-identify as a woman in the public’s eye but then as a man only amongst the closest of friends.

It's not self-identification from my perspective but coerced identification, when someone has a differing public vs private identity, with respect to the public identity. The social momentum doesn't change the nature of the direction of personal force of identity.

The media was correct.

No:

The first victim of a mass shooter in Dayton, Ohio, was his sibling, a trans man named Jordan Cofer, according to the National Center for Transgender Equality and a report on the website Splinter.

Splinter writer Katelyn Burns concluded that Cofer was likely not targeted for his gender identity because he was not out to many, including his family. But Cofer, 22, used male pronouns and identified as trans, according to friends of his who spoke to Burns.

Trans men are men

The media was correct.

Someone doesn't understand basic biology. Born with a penis=man. Born with a vagina=woman.

No amount of delusion will change that. The only people who misgender are trans people and the people who support them.

Trans men are men

They are not. They are women PRETENDING to be men. It's just like that girl who said she identifies as a cat and she put on cat ears and was on all fours meowing.

She's not a cat no matter how many times she says she is.

Someone doesn't understand basic biology. Born with a penis=man. Born with a vagina=woman.

No amount of delusion will change that. The only people who misgender are trans people and the people who support them.

By that logic, Christian is someone who follows the teaching of Christ, and Christ said to look after the foreigner and to not abuse children, so you aren't Christian. The only people who call you Christian would then be the people who miss-religion you and the people who support them.

But no, I reject that logic. You ARE a Christian. You are merely a very bad Christian and an embarrassment to your own identity.

It's not self-identification from my perspective but coerced identification, when someone has a differing public vs private identity, with respect to the public identity. The social momentum doesn't change the nature of the direction of personal force of identity.
Okay, in that case, how one truly feels trumps how one might otherwise portray themselves to others.

But, doesn’t that make you guilty of being insulting? Unintentionally of course, as your heart is in the right place, but if you are unprepared to let even some of your own family know and purposely put on a front that’s inconsistent with how you feel inside, I feel it would be a betrayal to announce (on your behalf) to the world how you secretly prefer to be addressed.

There’s more, but it’s over the top complicated.

By that logic, Christian is someone who follows the teaching of Christ, and Christ said to look after the foreigner and to not abuse children, so you aren't Christian. The only people who call you Christian would then be the people who miss-religion you and the people who support them.

But no, I reject that logic. You ARE a Christian. You are merely a very bad Christian and an embarrassment to your own identity.

I have never abused children nor not supported a foreigner. As I said many times, I am in favor of legal immigration of non-criminals.

Very simple.
Yes, thank you.
Since you have proven to always be wrong on this forum, tgat settles the complicated issue as far more complicated tgan you understand or can accept.
All that remains is for you to provide a link thast does fuck-all to support your claim, thus removing even the most generous assumption of credibility, whst?

I have never abused children nor not supported a foreigner. As I said many times, I am in favor of legal immigration of non-criminals.

Could have fooled me, with that whole child separation policy thing. And last I knew, the Bible didn't cut out an exception for whether the foreigner filled out a form or not.

Okay, in that case, how one truly feels trumps how one might otherwise portray themselves to others.

But, doesn’t that make you guilty of being insulting? Unintentionally of course, as your heart is in the right place, but if you are unprepared to let even some of your own family know and purposely put on a front that’s inconsistent with how you feel inside, I feel it would be a betrayal to announce (on your behalf) to the world how you secretly prefer to be addressed.

There’s more, but it’s over the top complicated.

From personal experience, it is, in fact, a constant insult to self to live that double-life. It is in my estimation a reason for much of the conflict that drives trans people to depression. The fear of a lack of acceptance and social consequences ends at the parting of the veil, though: there's nothing left to lose once you are dead.

Could have fooled me, with that whole child separation policy thing. And last I knew, the Bible didn't cut out an exception for whether the foreigner filled out a form or not.

I did not put the child separation policy in place. Do I like it? No. I do agree they should not be losing track of the kids.

Very simple.
Yes, thank you.
Since you have proven to always be wrong on this forum, tgat settles the complicated issue as far more complicated tgan you understand or can accept.
All that remains is for you to provide a link thast does fuck-all to support your claim, thus removing even the most generous assumption of credibility, whst?

A man is a man and a woman is a woman is the most basic scientific fact in the world. The fact that people are doubting this in 2019 while claiming that Republicans are anti-science is a real laugh riot.

"They are lecturing us on science when they don't even understand basic biology!" is a common joke from the right.

How many people do you know that have a baby and then say, "We don't know if it's a boy or girl. We have to wait for the kid to decide for himself."

I did not put the child separation policy in place. Do I like it? No. I do agree they should not be losing track of the kids.

No, you did it. You actively participated in a clear and real choice to empower someone who had very publicly professed to put policies in place to abuse foreigners contrary to the progenitor of your Faith's clear edicts to do otherwise. You continue to support the administration rather than making that support conditional upon good action to the extent of your faith.

You have abdicated any claim to innocence in light of the fact that a vote is an action taken towards the end you placed a vote for.

Very simple.
Yes, thank you.

A man is a man and a woman is a woman is the most basic scientific fact in the world. The fact that people are doubting this in 2019 while claiming that Republicans are anti-science is a real laugh riot.

"They are lecturing us on science when they don't even understand basic biology!" is a common joke from the right.

How many people do you know that have a baby and then say, "We don't know if it's a boy or girl. We have to wait for the kid to decide for himself."

You apparently really don't understand the science of biology.

I think there's a Bible passage about fools professing that they are wise? It takes a lot of complicated understa ding and study that you clearly have not done to understand the complexities of how brains and genitals happen. It isn't magic. It's a process, and the process is extremely complicated and can shake out all sorts of different ways to different extents. The process that grows brains is just more susceptible to minor changes and differences than the genital process, and even The genital process goes off the reservation at a stunning frequency.

But sure, proclaim your own failure to so much as even try to enroll in a course on biology and organic chemistry, your own failure to discuss any of this with a microbiologist or biochemist, and your personal disdain for academics in general as equivalent to the experience and knowledge of someone who has spent their entire life trying to fulfill their lust for knowledge and wisdom on these subjects.

A man is a man and a woman is a woman is the most basic scientific fact in the world.
So, this is in a textbook, somewhere? What branch of science?
The fact that people are doubting this in 2019 while claiming that Republicans are anti-science is a real laugh riot.
well, yeah, you SAY you know what 'science' says, then you just spout off more of your own bile.
Laugh away, Half, as you proceed to marginalize your iwn position.
yeah, bbut i have noticed that the right does not really understand humor. The 'right' laughs at anything that reinforces their world view. It's not a joke, just a pat on your own back, ahur-hur.
Three. Because the matter of self identity is not plumbing.

I mean, think about it, if you can. If the presence of a penis in my underwear is not enough to convince ME that i am a man, why in the fuck would i care about your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom