• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse happen?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic Christian & esoteric ecumenist

Early man created both philosophy and theology to serve mankind. Philosophy was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through a political system that was headed by man. Theology was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through religion headed by an absentee God. Both were created to be slaved to man.

Jesus preached that holy things were created to serve man as well. The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. That is why he showed that we can work on the Sabbath and ignore the manmade law.

The religious manmade creations then, --- including God, --- are to be slaved to man. That works well with logic and reason as the strong are to serve the weak and not the weak serve the strong.

So how did God, who was to be a slave to man, --- become man’s master?

Now I know that most will say that God is supposed to be our master, --- but please note, --- that man has created government to serve us. Not to make slaves of us. We control governments. They do not control us. To have us control our political entity is normal and just.

As above so below says that God is also to come under man’s control. We created God just as we created governments.

That is what Jesus taught.
He even moved God aside and became our judge. We are now to answer to men and not some absentee man created God.

Are you ready to seek God as Jesus says we must? Are you willing to be a master to God, and like Jesus, take control of the judging powers of God?

When you can say that your God is I am, the Gnostic Christian way --- and mean you, --- then you will begin to know God.

Regards
DL

To know who and where Jesus thought God was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

To find I am in you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

General Gnostic beliefs.
http://www.thesongofgod.com/tgc/basic_beliefs.html

It's simple. God was used as the basis of the rulers' legitimacy. They were the kings because God wanted them to be the kings and a rebellion against the king was a rebellion against God Himself. They bowed to someone who asked nothing of them and, in turn, they were able to demand everything from all the people who bowed to them. Then the whole thing became institutionalized and they started buying their own press - yada, yada, yada.

Santa Claus was supposed to bring us gifts every Christmas. What happened?

The Tooth Fairy was supposed to give us money for our teeth. What happened?

Peter Pan supposed to have a shadow. What happened?

Making a wish and not telling anyone when blowing your birthday candles supposed to grant you the wish. What happened?

I'll tell you what happened. We grew up, that's what.

It's simple. God was used as the basis of the rulers' legitimacy. They were the kings because God wanted them to be the kings and a rebellion against the king was a rebellion against God Himself. They bowed to someone who asked nothing of them and, in turn, they were able to demand everything from all the people who bowed to them. Then the whole thing became institutionalized and they started buying their own press - yada, yada, yada.

Bingo! Give that man a cigar, a cupie doll and a plaque. It's really not all that mysterious or deep. It's humans being humans and using whatever works to enslave their fellow humans to act as they desire. Religion is particularly good at this as it has no check against it's veracity in the real world.

Are you implying that religion created government and not government created or allowed religion to serve it?

Regards
DL

- - - Updated - - -

Santa Claus was supposed to bring us gifts every Christmas. What happened?

The Tooth Fairy was supposed to give us money for our teeth. What happened?

Peter Pan supposed to have a shadow. What happened?

Making a wish and not telling anyone when blowing your birthday candles supposed to grant you the wish. What happened?

I'll tell you what happened. We grew up, that's what.

You cleared religions quickly enough but forgot to look at your slavery to your government.

Regards
DL

- - - Updated - - -

This is some silly shit.

Give it time. Who can say.

Regards
DL

Bingo! Give that man a cigar, a cupie doll and a plaque. It's really not all that mysterious or deep. It's humans being humans and using whatever works to enslave their fellow humans to act as they desire. Religion is particularly good at this as it has no check against it's veracity in the real world.

Are you saying that the churches and mosques and what not are all lying to --- us tax exempt --- because the governments does not serve to protect the population anymore?

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Someone claiming to be a christain saying God's a construct we made for our purposes...?
Are we trying to be avant garde or just drunk?

Someone claiming to be a christain saying God's a construct we made for our purposes...?
Are we trying to be avant garde or just drunk?

He also says he is gnostic, which usually carries an element of "I know something that you don't" with it.

Early man created both philosophy and theology to serve mankind. Philosophy was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through a political system that was headed by man. Theology was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through religion headed by an absentee God. Both were created to be slaved to man.

Jesus preached that holy things were created to serve man as well. The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. That is why he showed that we can work on the Sabbath and ignore the manmade law.

The religious manmade creations then, --- including God, --- are to be slaved to man. That works well with logic and reason as the strong are to serve the weak and not the weak serve the strong.

So how did God, who was to be a slave to man, --- become man’s master?

Now I know that most will say that God is supposed to be our master, --- but please note, --- that man has created government to serve us. Not to make slaves of us. We control governments. They do not control us. To have us control our political entity is normal and just.

As above so below says that God is also to come under man’s control. We created God just as we created governments.

That is what Jesus taught.
He even moved God aside and became our judge. We are now to answer to men and not some absentee man created God.

Are you ready to seek God as Jesus says we must? Are you willing to be a master to God, and like Jesus, take control of the judging powers of God?

When you can say that your God is I am, the Gnostic Christian way --- and mean you, --- then you will begin to know godl]
:spam2:
Nice try but no cigar,,
I'm stil atheist and gods are still Imaginary

Are you implying that religion created government and not government created or allowed religion to serve it?

No. I don't think that implication can be gotten to from reading my post. I'm saying that government co-opted religion. Kings put themselves into a hierarchy underneath gods and say their authority is based on the gods having given them the position.

God's were created for one reason.

So some could have power over others.

They serve those who use them as a whip to keep others in line.

Back
Top Bottom