• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP congressman asks if rocks are causing sea levels to rise

Stupidity has become firmly entrenched and the inertia is rising faster than sea levels.

I think it's all those extra fossils that Satan keeps planting in the seabed to test our faith with Darwinism. Where's Michele Bachman ("Mister speaker, carbon dioxide is a natural substance!!") when we need her?

Now, I feel really bad about all those sand castles I left to fall into the ocean.

What, he didn’t ask whether the rain over the oceans was causing it?

What, he didn’t ask whether the rain over the oceans was causing it?

More people going to the beaches means more people peeing into the ocean, and it's warm too, so that's probably a big part of the problem. We need to close the beaches.

Actually, as long as he's not suggesting Guam tipped over and caused the rise, he's well ahead of the game...

Sea level rise is caused by increasing coastal human populations - check the stats, they correlate PERFECTLY.
What happens is that humans move to the coasts along with their cars, houses and strip malls. All that added weight on the edge of the continents causes the continental mass to squish outward, displacing the ocean.
The vast right wing realtor conspiracy doesn't want you to know this. (And I didn't tell you!)

It's whales.

Obvious really, since large-scale whaling was banned the number of whales in the oceans has increased thereby displacing more water and causing sea levels to rise.

We need an immediate end to the ban and to return to using whale oil for most of our lubrication needs.

It's really just more of the same "science" they use for their creationism research isn't it?

Isn't it amazing the conclusions you can arrive at once you decide that you're a greater expert in science than the scientists?

Democracy won't survive this. If we can't agree on basic facts, I don't see how democracy is possible.

We have nimrods who are changing the nation's schoolbooks to tell schoolchildren about the magic sky fairy who poofed the universe and humans into existence using magic.

We have another group of idiots who have decided they know more about climate science than over 97% of scientists from the relevant field as well as over 90% of all scientists making policy decisions that will affect the climate for centuries if not longer.

Preventable diseases are harming children again because millions of parents have decided they know more about science than the scientists. Did I mention that some of these same parents are giving bleach enemas to autistic children because they believe it will cure their vaccine-caused autism?

Millions more want to put warning labels on GMO produce because they read somewhere that Big Pharma has a secret cure for cancer, but they won't release it because profit.

Somewhere around the time the tobacco industry tried to convince everyone that smoking doesn't cause cancer and the release of that stupid In Search Of[ent]hellip[/ent] "documentary" series, America decided that the experts don't know what they're talking about and that everyone and anyone has opinions that are just as valid as the experts.

Now we as a nation are collectively making decisions based on raw, unrefined bullshit.

At least under feudalism, when a noble decided that he knew better than the experts, the other nobles could use that against him and wipe out his fiefdom or conquer him or whatever. What the fuck are we supposed to do in a democracy when more than half of the population has decided that they are more expert than the experts? Wait for a savvier nation to fuck us up and make us irrelevant?

The only alternative is to get millions of anti-science nitwits to admit that they're wrong, and we all know that will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom