• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Great Reset Coming Soon

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
I'm starting to believe the spiritual contact is Bernie Sanders or some really good weed.

In case you don't know, the Qanon conspiracy theory called The Great Reset
The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, ...

Nothing that QAnon re-labels and perverts into a CT originated with QAnon.

nor is it a conspiracy.

The Great Reset is both an actual thing and a perversion of the actual thing ala End Times spiritual predictions.

It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Hello! The original Great Reset is not the same as AIDS being passed around from covid vaccinations as told by a spirit contact.
Are you sure? Because that sounds like exactly the kind of thing accountants would come up with, if only to dispel their image as boring men in grey suits.

Well, it would be, if they weren’t boring men in grey suits.

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
While jdf5's post does seem cuckoo it isn't a wild idea that a new system is put in place after economic turmoil.

For example, the Panic of 1907 led to the creation of the Federal Reserve. Then the Federal Reserve abused the whole money tied to gold thing since it cost them pennies to print $100 while foreigners had to exchange something actually worth $100 to obtain a Benjamine. That's when Nixon nixed the gold standard. Both were tumultuous economic events leading to major changes in the US Finacial system. I'm certain other countries share the same theme at different times for similar reasons.
Totally agree with this.

Furthermore, it isn't beyond my belief our government would love the excuse to track and control everyone using their own new forms of fiat digital currency. The IRS would love this.

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Despite the FACT that global debt is continually expanding, there is not enough of it.

As most people who follow my work are already aware, the current central bank run global financial system is debt based, and at its core what this means is every conceivable reason, including things which the average person could not even dream of, must and will be utilized to continually find reasons/create more reasons to borrow more cash into existence. As of late the two biggest machinations being forced upon the people of the world and are currently being used as mechanisms to pull EPIC sums into the now by more borrowing are:

1. Global disease processes like Covid and the various variants thereof, also

2. Expanding war(s).
THe interesting thing is the US economy is dealing with inflation, debt increased notably... and the dollar is...

...well... the US Dollar is GAINING in strength.
Its called the milk shake theory.

Gospel

Unify Africa
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
The dollar is strong after losing around 90% of its value since the Fed's conception. It's a circus with the Federal Reserve doing the juggling & congress dropped the ball. +¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't think reality requires a great reset conspiracy. Everything crazy is happening out in the open.

skepticalbip

Contributor
Searching for reality along the long and winding r
Basic Beliefs
Everything we know is wrong (to some degree)
The dollar is strong after losing around 90% of its value since the Fed's conception. It's a circus with the Federal Reserve doing the juggling & congress dropped the ball. +¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't think reality requires a great reset conspiracy. Everything crazy is happening out in the open.
Playing with the currency seems to be a world wide game. The Swiss, with their Swiss franc, was the final nation to abandoned hard currency. In 2000 Switzerland switched from gold backed currency to fiat currency. Apparently even the Swiss couldn't resist the power fiat currency gives a government.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Gold is a dumb basis for a currency, unless your country has an economy whose size is directly proportional to the quantity of gold that has been mined.

It’s just about possible to use gold as currency without disaster, as long as a) the amount of gold in existence doesn’t fluctuate much, and b) your economy doesn’t grow or shrink very much.

Medieval economies, with an almost entirely static structure, almost zero growth, almost zero inflation, and very low and fairly constant gold production, can get away with using gold as money.

Industrial and post industrial economies go to shit if they try to use gold as money. Because the availability of gold, and the demand for currency, are completely unrelated and independent things in such economies.

The only reason anyone thinks gold and money should be related is tradition. The very idea is absurd, and would be laughed out of town if it were an entirely new suggestion.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
"You will own nothing and you will be happy" is a statement made in a WEF social media video in 2016.

Do you have a specific link where we can see that statement in context? The link I clicked was useless.
By the way, are we to assume that Yoko Ono and John Lennon were part of the WEF/Illuminati conspiracy?

The FRB has a target inflation rate of 2% per year; the FRB was established 108 years ago. Had it delivered its target inflation throughout that period*, the dollar should have lost 88% of its value. I'd say they're doing a pretty good job.

Start a new thread if you don't understand why a small predictable inflation rate is much BETTER for an economy than zero inflation. Start a different thread if you don't understand why the hysterical anti-inflation screeds on YouTube are just tripe aimed at the uneducated.

As bilby points out, precious-metal money became problematic in an economy growing by leaps due to technology. Modern fiat money MAY be precarious, but the absurdity of the Hyper-Libertarian view is that they can't quite decide whether "intrinsic worth metals" or cryptocurrencies backed by nothing would be the preferable choice over modern Central Bank money!

ETA: In an earlier thread I did get two Likes for my creative "Einsteinian" explanation of modern Central Bank money:
Albert Einstein allegedly said:
"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."

Modern money creation is not difficult to understand. A century ago banks had gold in their vaults and issued paper that could be exchanged for that gold. Modern banking is just the same, only without the gold.

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1
"You will own nothing and you will be happy" is a statement made in a WEF social media video in 2016.

Do you have a specific link where we can see that statement in context? The link I clicked was useless.

By the way, are we to assume that Yoko Ono and John Lennon were part of the WEF/Illuminati conspiracy?
Isn't that a determination you can make for yourself?

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism

First, @ Metaphor — you seem confused about the distinction between Description and Prescription.

My impression is that the makers of that webpage were various prognosticators, not predicting with a single voice. I know QOPAnoners and related Ilks view WEF as part of the Illuminati/Cabal trying to refashion our world. Where do you fall on that spectrum?

Your sentence is the first sentence in an embedded video there, but the text at your link does not contain the word "happy." It has four instances of "own", all in the following paragraph.

1. All products will have become services. “I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes,” writes Danish MP Ida Auken. Shopping is a distant memory in the city of 2030, whose inhabitants have cracked clean energy and borrow what they need on demand. It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two.

Your one-sentence summary of this WEF page, even though it does match the first line of the video, seems rather . . . peculiar.

The webpage had a text image that may be worth reproducing:
B0aH8eTRFBUuwMSi0Of4PKZwncXJRkhg9G5HaWuiGXU.jpg

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1

First, @ Metaphor — you seem confused about the distinction between Description and Prescription.
What makes you think I'm confused? Have I written something false or something that implies I'm confused? If so, what?

My impression is that the makers of that webpage were various prognosticators, not predicting with a single voice. I know QOPAnoners and related Ilks view WEF as part of the Illuminati/Cabal trying to refashion our world. Where do you fall on that spectrum?
I have no idea what any 'QOPanoners' think or what they even are.

I do think WEF is trying to refashion the world, but not as part of a secret cabal, but because they openly advertise it as their mission

The World Economic Forum​

The World Economic Forum is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.

Your sentence is the first sentence in an embedded video there, but the text at your link does not contain the word "happy."
Well, no, the text does not, but the video does. Did you watch the video? I can't link directly to it but it is on the bottom of that page. This is a screenshot from the video:
1658578817513.png

It has four instances of "own", all in the following paragraph.

1. All products will have become services. “I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes,” writes Danish MP Ida Auken. Shopping is a distant memory in the city of 2030, whose inhabitants have cracked clean energy and borrow what they need on demand. It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two.

Your one-sentence summary of this WEF page, even though it does match the first line of the video, seems rather . . . peculiar.
That wasn't my one sentence summary of the WEF page. I had never seen that page before I linked to it. I was talking about the video. I relayed a fact about why WEF's video caused controversy. It was because of those words.

The webpage had a text image that may be worth reproducing:
B0aH8eTRFBUuwMSi0Of4PKZwncXJRkhg9G5HaWuiGXU.jpg
Why was that worth reproducing?

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1
As for the statement that caused the controversy: it was kinda dumb and will be proven to be wrong. I own more than I've ever owned in my entire life. I own my clothes. I own a manual lawnmower. I own more DVDs than is healthy to have. There is no conceivable 2030 where people will not own things, whether it is personal effects or automobiles or houses.

WEF does not really state whether it wants people to own nothing and be happy. But I know I don't want it. I know I can no longer trust corporations to not censor art. Hell, I cannot even trust the creators of that art not to censor their own work after the fact, let alone the corporations.

Hermit

Cantankerous grump

From the article you linked to:
We asked experts from our Global Future Councils for their take on the world in 2030, and these are the results, from the death of shopping to the resurgence of the nation state.
You appear to equate "prediction" with "aim".

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
It is not global yet. Shri Lanka and other places are in meltdown.

Food production is being affected by ricing temperatures.

We ad an insurrection in ur capitol. National Guard was deployed. We had a long spell of riots in Seattle and Portland.

The world has been on a shaky foundation for a long time. Globalization connects everything together, supply chain has become a common term. The obvious consequences of the Ukraine war.

People have predicted a cataclysmic meltdown every year for who knows how long. Christians make an art out of t. The gospel Jesus was a doom and gloomer.

Debt is a part of capitalistic economic growth. Too little or too much and the economy has problems. Investment and debt goes back to the first civilizations with commerce.

Whether a continuous growth in global GDP across all economies is sustainable s an open question. Does not seem possible to me.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
When you think bout it we have had multiple resets over the last 100 years.

The Great Depression
The Great Recession

And a number of smaller resets here and globally. Greece is n a continuous reset.

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1

We asked experts from our Global Future Councils for their take on the world in 2030, and these are the results, from the death of shopping to the resurgence of the nation state.
Where do you allege I've done that? Please quote me.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
There have been numerous social-economic resets.

Greece, Rome, and Egypt came and went. Ancient China and Japan. Russia.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
See below.

I don´t know if the people behind this video are genuine or not.
But what they describe is similar to how World Economic Forum want their "Great Reset". There are some lunatics out there telling you that this reset is just a "conpiracy theory" even though everything is on WEF´s website.
My spiritual contact tells me the vaxx lead to AIDS so those people may not be able to fight anyway.

I think there is no doubt that jdf5 is a fervent believer in some elite agenda: That there is a conspiracy to impose some "Great Reset." I don't keep track of all the variations of "Illuminati" or "New World Order", but lately killing or control by vaccinations — with Bill Gates the major perpetrator — is a major theme. OP swallows this theory in spades.

A "Great Reset" MIGHT be coming and it would behoove to understand it. The WEF appears to have gathered some smart visionaries who MAY provide useful insights. We might learn much from reviewing the various (often contradictory) predictions that the various WEF prognosticators make.

Okay. We stipulate that the first 2 or 3 Metaphor posts in this thread were just jokes about watches. Then you posted this bombshell:

The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, nor is it a conspiracy. It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Are you now telling us that you use "advertisement of a PLAN" to describe prediction rather than aim?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I say, the WEF appears to be a platform for various thinkers. Different thoughts will resonate with different people. Metaphor asked why I quoted a concern about "Unfettered majoritarianism." I think it is clear to most of us that the electorates in the U.K. and in the U.S. each made stupid mistakes in 2016 elections. The rise of Stupidism is a relatively new phenomenon. During the Rational Era, democracy was "fettered" by conscientious news media and opinion-makers' belief in science. Infidels who read my opinions regularly will know that I think the fabrics of society and democracy have been severely jolted, with social media helping to advance the agenda of malicious players like QOPAnon.

ETA: Metaphor also claimed confusion about the term "QOPAnon." When the AFL and CIO merged, they beame the AFL-CIO. The GOP and QAnon have effectively merged, so I describe them with a portmanteau.

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1
I don´t know if the people behind this video are genuine or not.
But what they describe is similar to how World Economic Forum want their "Great Reset". There are some lunatics out there telling you that this reset is just a "conpiracy theory" even though everything is on WEF´s website.
My spiritual contact tells me the vaxx lead to AIDS so those people may not be able to fight anyway.

I think there is no doubt that jdf5 is a fervent believer in some elite agenda: That there is a conspiracy to impose some "Great Reset." I don't keep track of all the variations of "Illuminati" or "New World Order", but lately killing or control by vaccinations — with Bill Gates the major perpetrator — is a major theme. OP swallows this theory in spades.

A "Great Reset" MIGHT be coming and it would behoove to understand it. The WEF appears to have gathered some smart visionaries who MAY provide useful insights. We might learn much from reviewing the various (often contradictory) predictions that the various WEF prognosticators make.

Okay. First, I stipulate that the the first 2 or 3 Metaphor posts in this thread were just jokes about watches. Then you showed an opinion:

The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, nor is it a conspiracy. It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Are you now telling us that you use "advertisement of a PLAN" to describe prediction rather than aim?
No. I'm talking about WEF's stated mission, and its various projects.

There appears to be confusion (not on my part) that I said the WEF wanted and planned to make ownership of nothing a goal by 2030. I didn't say it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I say, the WEF appears to be a platform for various thinkers. Different thoughts will resonate with different people. Metaphor asked why I quoted a concern about "Unfettered majoritarianism." I think it is clear to most of us that the electorates in the U.K. and in the U.S. each made stupid mistakes in 2016 elections.
Oh. By 'most of us', who do you mean? Do you mean the people who think like you already on a left-leaning board?

Perhaps you believe the exact opposite of Prince Harry. Not that democracy is under attack but we have too much of it.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
Oh. By 'most of us', who do you mean? Do you mean the people who think like you already on a left-leaning board?
I disclaim the notion that other Infidels "think like me"; and I feel many of them will want the complementary disclaimer.

However ... Sure! By "most of us" I meant "most Infidels," although it applies to rational thinkers more generally.

If you want to brag that it does NOT apply to "most voters" in Anglophone countries, and that Stupidism is becoming dominant, have at it!

By the way, your denial that "advertisement of a plan" was the asked-for claim is laughable.

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1
I disclaim the notion that other Infidels "think like me"; and I feel many of them will want the complementary disclaimer.

However ... Sure! By "most of us" I meant "most Infidels," although it applies to rational thinkers more generally.

If you want to brag that it does NOT apply to "most voters" in Anglophone countries, and that Stupidism is becoming dominant, have at it!
No, I am not making the claim that most voters disagree with you and therefore that disagreement marks their stupidity.

By the way, your denial that "advertisement of a plan" was the asked-for claim is laughable.
I don't understand your sentence. The "advertisement of a plan" is the Great Reset, which, as I said, is openly advertised on the WEF's website:

I wrote:

You appear to believe, somehow still believe, I said or implied that 'you will own nothing and be happy' was a plan and not a prediction. I did not say it and I don't believe it.

You quoted me where I talked about The Great Reset being openly advertised. It is.

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1

ETA: Metaphor also claimed confusion about the term "QOPAnon." When the AFL and CIO merged, they beame the AFL-CIO. The GOP and QAnon have effectively merged, so I describe them with a portmanteau.

They have not 'merged'. Even if everyone in QAnon voted Republican, not every Republican is a member of QAnon or believes it, nor most Republicans. Most Republicans have probably not even heard of it.

scombrid

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Most Republicans now believe many of the unfounded conspiracy theories even if they are unaware of QAnon. Global Warming is a hoax perpetrated by the NWO/Democrat party. The election was stolen by the globalists. ETC... Democrats are trying to disarm the population so that it will be easily subjugated by the globalist elite. The Republican leadership has refused to correct or contradict any of these "theories" because it is helpful to them to get the votes. They don't care if their ranks in the legislature are filled with Margie Green, Hershel Walker, Loren Boebert, Dr. Oz, or the executive is Trump as long as those clowns follow the ALEC script for legislation and judicial appointments. If I am wrong them maybe McConnell can speak up about "The Big Lie" and such instead of the GOP running cover for these clowns while their nonsense distracts the public from what the GOP is really up to.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Would Donald Trump qualify as a global elite who is trying to take over the country?

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism

They have not 'merged'. Even if everyone in QAnon voted Republican, not every Republican is a member of QAnon or believes it, nor most Republicans. Most Republicans have probably not even heard of it.

theconversation.com/support-for-qanon-is-hard-to-measure-and-polls-may-overestimate-it-156020

My comment was obviously sarcastic hyperbole. However . . .
I clicked your link and spent almost 8 seconds skimming the page you cite. This is what I found.
It’s hard to know how many people actually believe the key tenets of QAnon’s claims, including that devil-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles are somehow running the world.
. . . A September 2020 poll by the left-leaning Daily Kos and the online polling company Civiqs found that 56% of Republicans “believed” QAnon.
If I were in the Ilk and liked to misinterpret statistics and journalistic prose, I would conclude that only 44% of Republicans disagree with the claim that "devil-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles are running the world."

It's worse than I thought. :cool:

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1

theconversation.com/support-for-qanon-is-hard-to-measure-and-polls-may-overestimate-it-156020

My comment was obviously sarcastic hyperbole. However . . .
I clicked your link and spent almost 8 seconds skimming the page you cite. This is what I found.
It’s hard to know how many people actually believe the key tenets of QAnon’s claims, including that devil-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles are somehow running the world.
. . . A September 2020 poll by the left-leaning Daily Kos and the online polling company Civiqs found that 56% of Republicans “believed” QAnon.
If I were in the Ilk and liked to misinterpret statistics and journalistic prose, I would conclude that only 44% of Republicans disagree with the claim that "devil-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles are running the world."

It's worse than I thought. :cool:
You already thought they were one and the same before. I struggle to think how this could be 'worse' in your mind.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
I've never been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist with anything other than Anxiety Neurosis. However I score 19 out of 19 when self-administering the on-line test for Asperger's syndrome.

Because I think that I myself fit somewhere on the autism spectrum, I ask the following question with all sympathy and sincerity.
My comment was obviously sarcastic hyperbole.
You already thought they were one and the same before. I struggle to think how this could be 'worse' in your mind.
Have YOU ever been diagnosed with autism?

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1
I've never been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist with anything other than Anxiety Neurosis. However I score 19 out of 19 when self-administering the on-line test for Asperger's syndrome.

Because I think that I myself fit somewhere on the autism spectrum, I ask the following question with all sympathy and sincerity.
No. Whilst I doubt both your sympathy and sincerity in asking, what makes you suspect I am autistic?

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism

No. Whilst I doubt both your sympathy and sincerity in asking, what makes you suspect I am autistic?

We are a small group here in Infidels Political Discussions, and almost all of us have above average intelligence. I think everyone but you have long realized that my use of "QOPAnon" and the pretense that GOP and QAnon have merged, were intended as colorful hyperbole. I disapprove of many political positions of Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and John Kasich, but I do NOT think they believe in Jewish space lasers, that Bill Gates plants nanobots in vaccines, nor that the Democrats are running a worldwide pedophile ring.

Did you truly not realize this? Y/N?

In the most recent exchange, I tried to help by explicitly noting that mine was "sarcastic hyperbole."

Did you read the note about "sarcastic hyperbole"? Y/N?

Did you understand it; were the English words familiar to you? Y/N?

If you answered "Y" to the last question, were you aware that this made your rejoinder a non sequitur? Y/N?

Based on this and previous exchanges, my impression is that you skim posts by those you disagree with looking only for pieces that you can argue against, even when sarcasm renders such a refutation to be silly. Similarly, you treat your own words selectively, insisting on a logic opposite to the side you would take in a nearly-identical conversation where the policies and posters were reversed.

Do you understand the previous paragraph? Y/N?

Is there truth in it? Y/N?

Metaphor

Adult human male
Warning Level 3
Warning Level 2
Warning Level 1

We are a small group here in Infidels Political Discussions, and almost all of us have above average intelligence. I think everyone but you have long realized that my use of "QOPAnon" and the pretense that GOP and QAnon have merged, were intended as colorful hyperbole. I disapprove of many political positions of Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and John Kasich, but I do NOT think they believe in Jewish space lasers, that Bill Gates plants nanobots in vaccines, nor that the Democrats are running a worldwide pedophile ring.
Ah, I see. So, you are justified in using "QOPAnon", as a pejorative dismissal of any Republican voter, not because it is meaningful, but because you can simply tar people with beliefs they do not hold.

Did you truly not realize this? Y/N?
I realise you meant it as pejorative attack on Republicans, sure.

In the most recent exchange, I tried to help by explicitly noting that mine was "sarcastic hyperbole."

Did you read the note about "sarcastic hyperbole"? Y/N?

Did you understand it; were the English words familiar to you? Y/N?

If you answered "Y" to the last question, were you aware that this made your rejoinder a non sequitur? Y/N?
I am not going to respond to your infantilising Y/N statements.

Based on this and previous exchanges, my impression is that you skim posts by those you disagree with looking only for pieces that you can argue against,
I read posts I disagree with, and where I disagree with something, I point it out. It would be astonishing that I would try to argue against parts that I do not object to.

even when sarcasm renders such a refutation to be silly. Similarly, you treat your own words selectively, insisting on a logic opposite to the side you would take in a nearly-identical conversation where the policies and posters were reversed.

Do you understand the previous paragraph? Y/N?
Is there truth in it? Y/N?
Here, I would say you were accusing me of being a hypocrite about your use of QOPAnon. I'm interested in you pointing out something specific where I have 'insisted on opposite logic'.

You never answered my question. Why would you ask if I'd been diagnosed with autism?

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
Autists often have trouble recognizing sarcasm. This was the most charitable explanation for your confusion.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Autists often have trouble recognizing sarcasm. This was the most charitable explanation for your confusion.
I once saw an explanation comparing Autism to Schitzophrenic disorders, wherein Autism was described in terms of neural density.

Many autistic behaviors bear resemblance to what happens in an "artificial" neural network when you throw too many neurons at a problem: You end up getting these weird behaviors wherein the system will have just-so overcomplicated results that instead of targeting general solutions to problems will wind up producing answers only on the clear set.

As such it is generally the case that when a system has too many neurons in it, it will ONLY be correct with respect to the exact process or training set, and things outside that set will confuse it.

The best answer I can see to this is training someone early and carefully and well to be obsessed with creating accurate models that feature no junky bits and which operate in general ways: essentially philosophical rejection of memorization and rote learning.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
Interesting. I worked at a Comp Sci lab with machine learning a specialty, so was familiar with "over-training" and the related problem of over-large net. However I had never heard the idea applied to organic brains.

In some ways I am an idiot-savant, though much less exaggerated than the Dustin Hoffman character in Rain Man. The "idiot" may be much more apparent than the "savant." :cool:

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Interesting. I worked at a Comp Sci lab with machine learning a specialty, so was familiar with "over-training" and the related problem of over-large net. However I had never heard the idea applied to organic brains.

In some ways I am an idiot-savant, though much less exaggerated than the Dustin Hoffman character in Rain Man. The "idiot" may be much more apparent than the "savant." :cool:
See, now I just need to have that discussion with you about applying HTM-ANN training techniques to your own HTM-ONN.

As a bonus, there are some discussions you can find, if you pick through them with care, where people in antiquity already figured it out and wrote it down.

Sadly, finding that is like finding a slightly smaller sand colored piece of topaz in a sea of silica sand. On this side of history, you really need to already know what ANNs are and how they train, learn, and operate to really be able to pick out the ones who did actually "figure it out".

SIB

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I once saw an explanation comparing Autism to Schitzophrenic disorders, wherein Autism was described in terms of neural density.

Many autistic behaviors bear resemblance to what happens in an "artificial" neural network when you throw too many neurons at a problem: You end up getting these weird behaviors wherein the system will have just-so overcomplicated results that instead of targeting general solutions to problems will wind up producing answers only on the clear set.

As such it is generally the case that when a system has too many neurons in it, it will ONLY be correct with respect to the exact process or training set, and things outside that set will confuse it.

The best answer I can see to this is training someone early and carefully and well to be obsessed with creating accurate models that feature no junky bits and which operate in general ways: essentially philosophical rejection of memorization and rote learning.
Is autism an over dense brain? I never heard that before.

I get what you are saying. Its kind of like of like when we search for item-a on youtube and end up watching hours on item-z. Lets limit the list of facts. But could it be thought as a simple list of facts. Basically, treat them like we treat children. I do not mean that in a bad way. Think about how we teach and treat children. When they "drift", we go with it. We teach one thing at a time. Like "The Sun makes day time". To a 3 year old, that works and we accept it. Making them describe that its actually earth rotating may not be the best option ... yet

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

I get what you are saying. Its kind of like of like when we search for item-a on youtube and end up watching hours on item-z. Lets limit the list of facts. But could it be thought as a simple list of facts. Basically, treat them like we treat children. I do not mean that in a bad way. Think about how we teach and treat children. When they "drift", we go with it. We teach one thing at a time. Like "The Sun makes day time". To a 3 year old, that works and we accept it. Making them describe that its actually earth rotating may not be the best option ... yet
Actually, just-so facts are the enemy here. You have to instill a structure solutions that function generally, and a strategy for identifying under-general solutions and weeding them out, while implementing as many eclectic subjects as possible: you have to figure out a way to fill it with knowledge that is not 'just-so' facts, despite the fact that there's more neurons to "fill" with such "simplified" machines.

Whenever a memorization happens, it may be best to quash it and generalize instead.

Then, the rest of the spare neurons can be eaten in pre-processing scenarios and frontloading mental effort.

SIB

Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Actually, just-so facts are the enemy here. You have to instill a structure solutions that function generally, and a strategy for identifying under-general solutions and weeding them out, while implementing as many eclectic subjects as possible: you have to figure out a way to fill it with knowledge that is not 'just-so' facts, despite the fact that there's more neurons to "fill" with such "simplified" machines.

Whenever a memorization happens, it may be best to quash it and generalize instead.

Then, the rest of the spare neurons can be eaten in pre-processing scenarios and frontloading mental effort.
Happens every time I chew gun and walk. I either bite my tong or trip over a painted stripe. Toss in trying to see where I am going and things go sideways fast.

I would say they can be a problem. The brain gets a flood of messages and sorts through them. They can be a problem. However, that flexibility is also what allows the brain to handle error better than programs to me.

The problem is when it should go blue screen of death it doesn't and we are left with dealing with a wayward machine.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Democratic Socialist Atheist
61clZgj1xZL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Details

In The Great Reset: And the War for the World, the most controversial man on earth Alex Jones gives you a full analysis of The Great Reset, the global elite's international conspiracy to enslave humanity and all life on the planet.

If you really want to know what’s happening in the world, this is the one book you must read now. Alex Jones is the most censored man on the planet and you should ask yourself why that is. There is a powerful authoritarian takeover in process that is seeking to capture the entire human system and turn it into an artificial factory farm controlled system. We are in a war for the future of the world. In this book, you will hear from the world’s elites, from their own mouths, what they are planning for you and your families and you will learn what you can do to fight it.

From central bankers, corporate billionaires, and corrupted government officials, global elites have been organizing a historic war on humanity under a trans-humanist, scientific dictatorship. Alex Jones was the first major figure to expose the World Economic Forum’s agenda. He has dedicated the last 30 years of his life to studying The Great Reset, conducting tens of thousands of interviews with top-level scientists, politicians, and military officials in order to reverse engineer their secrets and help awaken humanity.

The Great Reset: And the War for the World chronicles the history of the global elites' rise to power and reveals how they’ve captured the governments of the world and financed The Great Reset to pave the way for The New World Order.

Once dubbed a conspiracy theory, but now openly promoted by the most powerful corporations and governments, The Great Reset is a planned attempt to redistribute all the world’s wealth and power into the hands of banks, corporations, billionaires, and The World Economic Forum.

If you read one book in a lifetime, this is it. In The Great Reset: And the War for the World, you will discover from the self-appointed controllers of the planet in their own words, their plan for what they call the final revolution, or The Great Reset.

The only way this corporate fascist conspiracy can succeed is if the people of the world are not aware of it. And this book lays out their sinister blueprint and how to stop it. While many great books have been written to help awaken people to this sinister agenda, no author has ever spent as much time and research on The Great Reset as Alex Jones.

The Great Reset: And the War for the World is the undisputed trailblazer for understanding what’s happening and how to stop it.

Top Bottom