• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Guardian: Trump businesses making millions from political and taxpayer spending

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/16/trump-businesses-money-campaign-federal-agencies

subhead said:
Report finds Trump’s businesses have raked in $15.1m from political groups and federal agencies in ‘pattern of personal self-enrichment’

This is why it's funny when conservolibertarians talk about how impressive he is for refusing a salary. That salary is a drop in the bucket compared to the money he's raking in as a result of being president.

Prediction: conservolibertarians will use some kind of tu quoque fallacy to try and change the subject rather than directly address the allegations of corruption.

"Oh yeah, well liberals are just as bad because Pizza Gate!"

"Oh yeah, well liberals are exactly as bad because Whitewater!"

"But her email!"

"Oh yeah, well liberals are exactly as bad becase Obama is building his library in Chicago!"

And so on.

funny thing... My FIL the Trump supporter that (famously, yet?) said, "I don't believe in facts", visited us last weekend. He casually mentioned there was a crazy person walking around in the street night after night on his block being a general nuisance. Later on, when he started in on the "witch hunt" nonsense and deflected on "Hillary's emails", I asked him about the crazy person on his block and what he has done to have that person spoken to, or arrested, for disturbing the peace. He brushed it off as pointless and added that the person seemed mostly harmless.

I remained unrelenting... "... but wait... ya, that Hillary person you are talking about should definitely be looked at.. I mean, I don't know anything about her, but what I really want to know is what is anyone doing about the crazy person on your block"?

I ranted for like 10 minutes about the crazy person. Every time he mentioned "Hillary" I pretended to not know who he was talking about and pivoted directly to the crazy person. Crazy person, crazy person, crazy person... that was all that mattered. Everything else that came up (his new construction work, his girlfriends job, his retirement plans in Florida...) everything... "but the crazy person on the block... how can you (x) while that is still going on?

Finally he told me to forget about the crazy person already. so I said, "how is the crazy person less important than anything else we have been talking about"? He said the crazy person is mostly harmless, "forget about him. who cares!".

So, I said, "oh". So who is that Hillary person you keep mentioning and what does she have to do with the current leader of the free world that is being investigated for past and current crimes? How is she more important?

He left.

How is this even legal? Talk about a conflict of interest.
It isn't, kind of. The problem is the law on this hasn't been really felt out because our previous Presidents weren't property magnates to this level.

Heck, Trump is his own tenant with the DC hotel.

Back
Top Bottom