• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Guys, would you wear this scarf?

No. I prefer something dark and with no noticeable pattern to the weave, if I were to wear a scarf. I did for a short period of time but found little utility in them unless they were wrapped around the front of the neck, and material wrapped around my neck with loose ends is a bit unsettling to me. Maybe a turtleneck. Turtleneck’s are safe.

Seems a little short. Is it finished?

If it were proper length, I would wear it. When I was working on cars, this required going outside many times a day. Really cold weather around here is rare and short lived, but it happens. My usual winter gear was a ski cap, gloves and a scarf. I could bundle up for the walk across the parking lot and unbundle when I brought the car inside. All of it fit in the pockets of my light work jacket.

I'd wear that. It looks like a quality scarf.

One thing to be careful about is the length. My wife made me a scarf which was a great scarf, but a few feet too long and it made it very bulky to wear. Too short is bad but too long is bad as well. If it's not a surprise gift, work with him to find out what a good length for it would be.

It will be between 55" and 60". The knitting and crochet sites tell me this is appropriate length for men's scarves. I agree too long would not be desirable (Dr. Who notwithstanding). I was more worried about it looking too lacy. I'm fairly pleased with it so far.

I'd wear it, but I'm in SoCal, so it would be an affectation. I'd need bunny slippers and a silk vest to go with it.
hehe But would you wear it if you were in Canada?

Anything with a "shading effect" is not what I would wear. Sorry :shrug:

You mean the color change in the yarn? Or the geometric look of the stitch?

I'd wear it if it were given to me, but I wouldn't buy it for myself. Part of wearing it depends also on how it feels--its texture, which one cannot judge totally from a photo.

To clarify, I think it looks good and would probably look good with a shirt and tie, but the truth is that I just don't stop and think about what a scarf will look like with what I'm wearing.

It will be between 55" and 60". The knitting and crochet sites tell me this is appropriate length for men's scarves. I agree too long would not be desirable (Dr. Who notwithstanding). I was more worried about it looking too lacy. I'm fairly pleased with it so far.
Focus more on not making it so racy. My heart is pounding.

Back
Top Bottom