• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Half of Republicans would support delay of elections if Trump called for it

Dang, that is really pathetic. However, as self-described Repugs are only about a 1/3 of the electorate, I don't see El Cheato being able to postpone elections. The SC wouldn't play. I'd say most of the top generals/admirals wouldn't play. And I'd guess that even most of the Repug congressional critters wouldn't go along. Collectively, they at least aren't as idiotic as the alt-reality crowd.

If I remember correctly, the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November is set by Federal law and is not in the Constitution.

Before the law came about, states could set dates of elections.

Later,
ElecEngr

Delaying the federal election would cause a constitutional problem because the length of the term for the President and the Vice President is set for 4 years in the Constitution. If the election is delayed, who becomes the President and VP during the interim?

Delaying the federal election would cause a constitutional problem because the length of the term for the President and the Vice President is set for 4 years in the Constitution. If the election is delayed, who becomes the President and VP during the interim?

INTERIM? Ain' no steekin' interim! If Trump is declared Dictator by his drooling fans and spineless co-conspirators in congress, there will be NO TRANSITION, PERIOD!

They surveyed less than 200o people. Was this a scientific poll? How did they go about getting people to respond? Did they call landlines? If they did, let's stop for a minute and consider what type of people still have landlines and what type of people even bother to answer their phones if it's not someone they know or want to talk to. I'm not too concerned that there are some really stupid people around, especially those that call themselves Republicans.

That sort of thing could lead to a coup that would leave him unpresidented.

They surveyed less than 200o people. Was this a scientific poll? How did they go about getting people to respond? Did they call landlines? If they did, let's stop for a minute and consider what type of people still have landlines and what type of people even bother to answer their phones if it's not someone they know or want to talk to. I'm not too concerned that there are some really stupid people around, especially those that call themselves Republicans.

2,000 people isn't a problem--that's enough to get the error down around 4%.

Getting a random sample of people is increasingly problematic these days, though.

2,000 people isn't a problem--that's enough to get the error down around 4%.

Statistical error maybe, but not necessarily systematic error.

They surveyed less than 200o people. Was this a scientific poll? How did they go about getting people to respond?

I'm guessing BBQ ribs hanging from the end of a shotgun propped in the bed of a pickup tuck with a confederate flag sticker on the back window...

What was the impetus of this poll? It appears to be the fevered imaginations of whomever commissioned this poll. Democrats have as much to worry about Trump cancelling the elections as much as Republicans had about Obama cancelling the elections. There's enough nasty stuff in the world that we don't need fevered imaginings to fear as well.

Sweet. The crowd that drives pickups with gun racks, Confederate flags, and Don't Tread on Me stickers are (to a large extent) backing Donaldi Magnus I.

Back
Top Bottom