• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Heart Breaking Video of Men Doing Ship-Breaking Jobs. What do the Feminists on this board think?

Are women being blocked from doing this job? If not why would feminism be a factor? Also, whilst not exactly equivalent, but there is a push for more women in the coal mining industry. And I guarantee these women do more back breaking work than you will ever do in you lilly-white pussifed "I'm not smart enough to be an engineer so I'll do marketing instead" job.

Allegedly, of course.

Because when I see TV commercials like the new ad from Indeed.com which shows a woman being passed over for a promotion for VP of the company and the commercial implies she was passed over because she's a woman and not because she isn't qualified enough. Then "interview request" from another company shows up on her phone and she gets happy. Seeing commercials like this in America about the "struggle of women" while having knowledge of the conditions other people work in in other countries makes it seem like one big joke.

You saw an ad, therefore feminism is "a scam that was never about equality." Totally makes sense.

Well, at least you've moved up from the YouTube comments section.

Progress?

I'll send you some magical brownies if you can link to one feminist that said:

There's something deeply wrong with feminists saying that it's OK to leave the hard dirty jobs to the men while they only fight for the cushy air conditioned office jobs.

Because the majority of them do not fight for those rights. They go to the women's march and wear stupid pink pussy hats instead.

What I was pointing out is that male privilege has been dismantled. If it was only men who got the cushy office jobs and the women had the back breaking labor jobs that the majority of men do, then you can argue men are privileged. But, since the majority of back breaking labor jobs go to men, there is no such thing as male privilege. It's a fantasy concocted by feminists.

Working for low pay in crappy conditions does not equal privilege. It's the complete opposite.

Link to one, just one. One teeny, tiny link to someone that said what I quoted you saying above. Stop moving the goalpost and creating strawmen.

Well, at least you've moved up from the YouTube comments section.

Progress?

I'll send you some magical brownies if you can link to one feminist that said:

There's something deeply wrong with feminists saying that it's OK to leave the hard dirty jobs to the men while they only fight for the cushy air conditioned office jobs.

Because the majority of them do not fight for those rights. They go to the women's march and wear stupid pink pussy hats instead.

What I was pointing out is that male privilege has been dismantled. If it was only men who got the cushy office jobs and the women had the back breaking labor jobs that the majority of men do, then you can argue men are privileged. But, since the majority of back breaking labor jobs go to men, there is no such thing as male privilege. It's a fantasy concocted by feminists.

Working for low pay in crappy conditions does not equal privilege. It's the complete opposite.
Can you show that the pay in these bsck breaking jobs is less than or equal to the “cushy” jobs in the same area? I ask because women fought for back breaking jobs in construction and mining because they were higher paying than the cushy jobs.

Are women being blocked from doing this job? If not why would feminism be a factor? Also, whilst not exactly equivalent, but there is a push for more women in the coal mining industry. And I guarantee these women do more back breaking work than you will ever do in you lilly-white pussifed "I'm not smart enough to be an engineer so I'll do marketing instead" job.

Allegedly, of course.

Because when I see TV commercials like the new ad from Indeed.com which shows a woman being passed over for a promotion for VP of the company and the commercial implies she was passed over because she's a woman and not because she isn't qualified enough. Then "interview request" from another company shows up on her phone and she gets happy. Seeing commercials like this in America about the "struggle of women" while having knowledge of the conditions other people work in in other countries makes it seem like one big joke.

You saw an ad, therefore feminism is "a scam that was never about equality." Totally makes sense.

Yes, a lot of feminists want superiority over men, not equality. We can see this in pop culture everywhere. The stereotypical, "hah you can't go out tonight because your wife said so??! She's got your balls!!!" And men sit there and take it. Women have become known as "the boss" in today's modern family. It's known as the emasculation of men.

I am amazed that you can see videos like this and think gender rather than geography. Have you ever done a job like this, working in these sort of conditions? Come with me on my next trip to southeast asia and I'll hook you up. Philippines or Cambodia? Your choice. I have connections that'll land you a job like this in either.

Of course I don't want to work this job. That's the point! Feminists don't want to do the job either. But, I am not the one complaining that "women can do anything men can do!" while never fighting to do jobs like these.

I don't see you fighting to do jobs like these either. I don't see the double standard you speak of. Now, show us some men in your own country working tough jobs and you may have a point.

I assure you, the women from the families these men are from are not sitting in offices complaining about the air conditioning being too much. Nor are they complaining about manspreading or mansplaining. I don't think you'd want to live the lives of the women who live in the location and at the economic status these men have. They very much DO need feminism. Not all feminism is the ridiculous stuff you see on buzzfeed or on this board.

Why aren't the women there fighting to work alongside their husbands in the shipyard?

Some of them are.

One thing's for sure, there is no male privilege in Bangladesh.

Think again. Male and female privilege are everywhere in pretty much every society. Life is especially bad for women in areas like Bangladesh.

If they started complaining about the economic conditions as demonstrated in the op, then you'd complain that they are all Marxists! They simply can't win against your male privilege to criticize them no matter what, can they?

Yes, a lot of feminists want superiority over men, not equality. We can see this in pop culture everywhere. The stereotypical, "hah you can't go out tonight because your wife said so??! She's got your balls!!!" And men sit there and take it. Women have become known as "the boss" in today's modern family. It's known as the emasculation of men.

I look forward to the day you discover anecdotes aren't facts. But if this is the hill you want to die on, go nuts.

Some of them are.

One thing's for sure, there is no male privilege in Bangladesh.

Think again. Male and female privilege are everywhere in pretty much every society. Life is especially bad for women in areas like Bangladesh.

I know it is bad for women in Bangladesh. But, feminists don't seem to care. Islamic countries treat women like rag dolls and feminists openly embrace Islam in the U.S.

American feminists do not care about being consistent. If they were, they'd be condemning Islam the same way we conservatives do because of its barbaric treatment of women. But feminists spit on us and fight for Islamic rights in the U.S. This is why a lot of men have given up on them.

I look forward to the day you discover anecdotes aren't facts. But if this is the hill you want to die on, go nuts.

It's in every sitcom, every family commercial, even real life. I've seen countless men say, "My wife said I can't hang out tonight" and men make fun of them asking where their balls are. Imagine if a man told his wife, "you're not going out tonight!" The woman would be like, "Stop trying to control me! I'm not your property! I have my own mind!" But for some reason, it's perfectly OK for them to treat men like their property.

Some court is going to decide that cashiers should be paid the same because it's supposedly "comparable work". :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on this?

Men don't have a monopoly on privileges. Traditionally women have had quite a few, and still do, especially in some societies. Generally and historically not having to do or being expected to do very dirty and/or dangerous jobs in order to make money (often to support a family) is one type of female privilege.

Those are my thoughts. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has made the same point.

Men don't have a monopoly on privileges. Traditionally women have had quite a few, and still do, especially in some societies. Generally and historically not having to do or being expected to do very dirty and/or dangerous jobs in order to make money (often to support a family) is one type of female privilege.

Those are my thoughts. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has made the same point.

At least you admit it. There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.

At least you admit it. There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.

Psst...this is the part where you cite your claim.

At least you admit it.

It would be silly and one-sided not to, imo.

There was a study done recently that showed conservative women are happier than liberal women. Probably has to do with the fact that raising a family is more rewarding than working long hours.
I'm sure that for some, it is. Equality of opportunity would mean that those that it suited could opt for it without being criticised or pressured.

A citation for that study would be useful though.

Sure, here you go:

https://pluralist.com/conservative-wives-happier-than-feminists-ny-times/

Notice the picture of the feminist man at the top of the page. :rotfl:

Thanks. If, say, the findings of that study are accurate and reflect a general truth, then I would be good with that. I would only want women who prefer otherwise to also be free to choose not to be conservative, also without criticism or pressure.

Interesting to note that progressive men seem to be happier than conservative men, according to that. Are you a conservative man? If so, have you considered that on average your chances of being happier if you were more progressive might be higher? Though I would say the same thing again as above. If you personally are happier being conservative in gender terms, great.

I do, by the way, agree that sometimes, some feminists criticise conservative women unfairly. Ideally, it would be a free choice.

Psst...this is the part where you cite your claim.

Sure, here you go:

Here is the actual study, not the bastardized description in your link.

Sure, here you go:

Thanks. If, say, the findings of that study are accurate and reflect a general truth, then I would be good with that. I would only want women who prefer otherwise to also be free to choose not to be conservative, also without criticism or pressure.

Interesting to note that progressive men seem to be happier than conservative men, according to that. Are you a conservative man? If so, have you considered that on average your chances of being happier if you were more progressive might be higher? Though I would say the same thing again as above. If you personally are happier being conservative in gender terms, great.

I do, by the way, agree that sometimes, some feminists criticise conservative women unfairly. Ideally, it would be a free choice.

Conservatives are progressive. We are just not progressive in the way of , "Everything is sexist, racist, and the fault of male privilege in the patriarchy!"
Fox News had a liberal on who was arguing that math is racist. This is looney tunes.

Here is the actual study, not the bastardized description in your link.

So the study seems to be mainly about religion specifically, not necessarily conservatism generally, or gender conservatism. Though I imagine there's at least a positive correlation between being religious and being gender conservative.

Back
Top Bottom