• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hello! I serve on the board of directors for The Secular Web!

Mr. Board Member

Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Hello everyone! My name is Edouard, and I am the Social Media manager for The Secular Web. I have a published paper under the Modern Library Section called God Is Either The Efficient Or Final Cause Of Evil (2020). Here's the link to it: https://infidels.org/library/modern/edouard-tahmizian-cause-of-evil/. I also serve on their Kiosk Editorial Review Committee, am the current News Wire Editor, and am the creator of Freethinker Podcast, where I have interviewed Richard Carrier (twice), David Fitzgerald, John Dominic Crossan, Bob Seidensticker, Dennis R. MacDonald, as well as others.

If anyone has any questions for me, let me know and I will answer them.

My work definitively proves where evil came from, and shows that a system of determinism would have to make God the Efficient Cause of Sin and Evil. Generally, Calvinists are Determinists so this is an important factor to talk about.

By the way, anyone from San Antonio, Texas?

Peace,

Edouard

Hello! I'm not from San Antonio but I lived there for five years during the early 90s. I really enjoyed my time there, despite being young, poor and in a bad marriage. Do you live in San Antonio? If so, what's going on in that sprawling city? I live near Atlanta now, an insanely sprawling city.

Hello! I'm not from San Antonio but I lived there for five years during the early 90s. I really enjoyed my time there, despite being young, poor and in a bad marriage. Do you live in San Antonio? If so, what's going on in that sprawling city? I live near Atlanta now, an insanely sprawling city.
Yeah, I still live here. It's alright. There's a really good restaurant (expensive as hell, though) near my house that I regularly eat at. Other than that, nothing exciting at all. I really wish I were somewhere cool, like South Korea or New York. Oh well...

what about "Community A"... there? said the ignostic.

Yeah, I still live here. It's alright. There's a really good restaurant (expensive as hell, though) near my house that I regularly eat at. Other than that, nothing exciting at all. I really wish I were somewhere cool, like South Korea or New York. Oh well...
I actually grew up just outside of New York City. While it was sometimes fun visiting the city as a child, I eventually grew to hate that city. I enjoyed living in San Antonio far more than I did in the northeast. I think any place can be pretty cool if you find the right people. Now, I live in a small city that I love more than any of the larger cities I've lived in prior to ending up here. That includes Raleigh, NC, Greenville, SC, or Destin Florida, along with the sprawling Northside of Atlanta metro. All of the schools and most neighborhoods in my city are becoming fairly well racially integrated, while New York City has the most segregated schools of any large city in the nation. That's not too cool, imo. :)

Do you have a Freethought or atheist group in your area? That can make a difference too. We have quite a few groups like that here, but COVID has kept our local group from getting together very often over the past two years. Atlanta Freethought has been meeting on zoom during this difficult time. That has made things more difficult. There's a small city about 30 miles from me that has an extremely active group. If you don't have such a group in your area, maybe you would enjoy starting one up. A former neighbor of mine started our local group, simply by singing up with meetup.com. Anyway......nice to have a new member. Hope you will inspire some interesting conversations.

Back
Top Bottom