• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Will Put Taco Trucks on Every Corner in America!

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/02/492390405/-memeoftheweek-taco-trucks-on-every-corner

Thursday night in an appearance on MSNBC, Donald Trump surrogate Marco Gutierrez warned of impending taco overlords if immigration continues unchecked.

Gutierrez, who was born in Mexico and is co-founder of Latinos for Trump, said to MSNBC, "My culture is a very dominant culture. It is imposing and it's causing problems."

And then, he said the line that started a hashtag. "If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks [on] every corner."

I await this tasty future!

Blackclaw

Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Cynic
I too like tacos. Though maybe we can get some hotdog carts to offset the Mexican food dominance.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
The Taco Bell at the local mall went out of business. Damn it, if only they'd stuck to the traditional truck-based form of distribution, we would have had more choices at the food court!

Tom Sawyer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
That I'm God
The Taco Bell at the local mall went out of business. Damn it, if only they'd stuck to the traditional truck-based form of distribution, we would have had more choices at the food court!

Well, the only reason that one closed is that Obama's deportation force got rid of all the illegals who bought food there using the money they got by stealing jobs from hard-working Americans. When Clinton gets in and not only disbands that force, but brings all the illegals back in on private jets paid for by taxpayers, the taco market in your city will surge.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...

Well, the only reason that one closed is that Obama's deportation force got rid of all the illegals who bought food there using the money they got by stealing jobs from hard-working Americans. When Clinton gets in and not only disbands that force, but brings all the illegals back in on private jets paid for by taxpayers, the taco market in your city will surge.
Actually, Taco Bells around here always looked to be staffed by the cast of Friends. The people with Central American features are staffing the 'Italian' (pizza/pasta) place across the food court.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/02/492390405/-memeoftheweek-taco-trucks-on-every-corner

Thursday night in an appearance on MSNBC, Donald Trump surrogate Marco Gutierrez warned of impending taco overlords if immigration continues unchecked.

Gutierrez, who was born in Mexico and is co-founder of Latinos for Trump, said to MSNBC, "My culture is a very dominant culture. It is imposing and it's causing problems."

And then, he said the line that started a hashtag. "If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks [on] every corner."

I await this tasty future!

:joy:

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
Actually, Taco Bells around here always looked to be staffed by the cast of Friends. The people with Central American features are staffing the 'Italian' (pizza/pasta) place across the food court.

And the Chinese place.
No, the Chinese run the Chinese place.
Indians run the hot dog place.

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Sure, I like tacos and fajitas and quesadillas.

That's not the issue. Taco trucks were a metaphor. The issue is that with unrestricted illegal migration (driven to a large part by giving illegals perks such as in-state tuition, special loans, driver's licenses and eventually, full amnesty) America will increasingly start to resemble Mexico. And why would we want to resemble that dysfunctional country?

The big fallacy of "open borders" advocates is their facile extrapolation that if immigration is good, 100x as much immigration must be even better, possibly even 100x as good. But that is not so. A certain level of immigration is good for a society, but unrestricted mass migration is disastrous.

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.

That's not the issue. Taco trucks were a metaphor.

What do you mean? We like tacos. Having taco trucks on every corner would ensure access to tacos for all Americans. Did you know that there are "taco deserts" where people do not have access to tacos?

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
That's not the issue. Taco trucks were a metaphor. The issue is that with unrestricted illegal migration (driven to a large part by giving illegals perks such as in-state tuition, special loans, driver's licenses and eventually, full amnesty) America will increasingly start to resemble Mexico. And why would we want to resemble that dysfunctional country?

Be ready for us Canadians to employ that same logic when upset Americans start sneaking across our border once Hillary is in power. We definitely don't want to become any more like the dysfunctional USA.

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule

The big fallacy of "open borders" advocates is their facile extrapolation that if immigration is good, 100x as much immigration must be even better, possibly even 100x as good. But that is not so. A certain level of immigration is good for a society, but unrestricted mass migration is disastrous.
WTF are you babbling about? HRC is not talking about open borders. As far as I can tell, she is parroting the usual "keep'm out" rhetoric that is so popular today.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with the USA adopting a larger portion of Mexican culture. I realize that might upset some people, I'd prefer that than the goose-stepping brownshirt culture of the 1930s Germany.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I support totally open borders with Mexico. I really like tacos. We could buy even more taco trucks with the money we'd save on border patrol.

GenesisNemesis

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Super evil transhumanist communist
I support totally open borders with Mexico. I really like tacos. We could buy even more taco trucks with the money we'd save on border patrol.

But eventually the border patrol guards would be too preoccupied with their tacos and they won't notice illegals crossing the border.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Sheer paranoid idiocy. If what you say is true, we better not elect a Republican president! - You're obviously better off with "a third Obama term". Right wing hypocrisy is simply stunning...
Put this in your pipe and smoke it, Derec (instead of whatever you're on):

FT_15.11.19.Mexico.Unauthorized.Immigration.png

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Godless Heathen
This is mixed news for me.

My daughter's boyfriend launched his latest food truck (he's up to 4 now) and it is a very well received taco truck.

Of course, with one on every corner that might mean more competition, so it behooves me to support a candidate who would throw people of his skin color and background out of the country.

He's white.

What ever shall I do?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
This is mixed news for me.

My daughter's boyfriend launched his latest food truck (he's up to 4 now) and it is a very well received taco truck.

Of course, with one on every corner that might mean more competition, so it behooves me to support a candidate who would throw people of his skin color and background out of the country.

He's white.

What ever shall I do?

Vote Jill Stein - she'll throw out everyone who's not green.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Are tacos even Mexican?

Be ready for us Canadians to employ that same logic when upset Americans start sneaking across our border once Hillary is in power. We definitely don't want to become any more like the dysfunctional USA.

Just remain Nunavat on some maps as "Freedom Land".

Trausti

Contributor
Warning Level 1
Well if you read the second article, instead of just its title, you'd see it confirmed both claims.

Right. With the change in terminology over the last 10 years, you can get whatever answer you want.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2014/04/21/lies-damned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
Floof's claim refers to the total since Obama came into office, while your article concerns the total for one year.
Trausti's WP article link is a worthwhile read though.
It is worthwhile, but even if the statistics were uniformly collected and arranged throughout time immemorial, his initial point is based solely on faulty logic: the total amount up to time T > the last increment in all cases where all increments are non-negative at and least two are positive. Except in the extremely rare cases when the deportations (however uniformly measured) are zero until the last year, it must be the case that the total must exceed the last year of data.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Trausti's WP article link is a worthwhile read though.
It is worthwhile, but even if the statistics were uniformly collected and arranged throughout time immemorial, his initial point is based solely on faulty logic: the total amount up to time T > the last increment in all cases where all increments are non-negative at and least two are positive. Except in the extremely rare cases when the deportations (however uniformly measured) are zero until the last year, it must be the case that the total must exceed the last year of data.
I agree. There is this idea that Obama is welcoming a plague of illegal immigrants into the US. We have seen to the contrary.

TV and credit cards

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
Carlos Mencia, a comedian, used to wonder why if tacos are a Mexican dish why all the Mexicans are working at Kentucky Fried Chicken and if fried Chicken was a traditional black people dish why all the blacks were working at Taco Bell.

Top Bottom