• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Could All the Prophets be Wrong About Trump?

Or they were listening to a 'lying spirit' ;)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPe8Zc6IwY[/YOUTUBE]

I forget the name for it.

Christians constantly invent prophesy from scriptura interpretation in terms of current events.

Trump as an agent of god is just one example.

Alas, just some more 'Not a True Christian' fakers to add to the pile...so many fakers, so little time....

Alas, just some more 'Not a True Christian' fakers to add to the pile...so many fakers, so little time....

Inot necessarily. God does say in scripture that if a prophet says something untrue, God's th e one that told them that.
Which is nice a guy sticking up for his minions, but it does mean we cannot actually trust prophets.
They might be telling us god's truth, they might be telling god's lies, so they are indistinguishable from false prophets.

Haven't looked into it, but I got the impression that Trump is not a believer...that he gives lip service for the sake of image.

“I was as entrenched as anyone was,” Johnson told CT in one of his first media interviews since he publicly repented in January and shut down his namesake ministry in March. “I tell people I feel like I’ve been rescued..."

Reminds me of that old joke about a drowning priest, god, two boats, and a helicopter.

When it comes to Trump's election loss, it's like (non-existent) god has sent two boats, a helicopter, a private jet with sexy flight attendants and bottle service, yet his followers are still like "yeah, I dunno...I think he's still president somehow and Joe Biden is the real sexual predator."

Haven't looked into it, but I got the impression that Trump is not a believer...that he gives lip service for the sake of image.
C’mon, would a nonbeliever tear gas his way through a crowd just to hold his dear Bible in front of a church?? Really??

Is it really news that politicians pander to Christians?

Christians constantly invent prophesy from scriptura interpretation in terms of current events.

False prophets? It's all in the bible for you to see.

And what is the Biblical remedy when someone is revealed to be a false prophet?

(Deuteronomy 18:20)

False prophets? It's all in the bible for you to see.

And what is the Biblical remedy when someone is revealed to be a false prophet?

(Deuteronomy 18:20)

A deterrent, being given a warning first, to be aware of ... otherwise, Judgement?

I certainly wouldn't want to be false-propheting after hearing that. :eek:

Inot necessarily. God does say in scripture that if a prophet says something untrue, God's th e one that told them that.
Which is nice a guy sticking up for his minions, but it does mean we cannot actually trust prophets.
They might be telling us god's truth, they might be telling god's lies, so they are indistinguishable from false prophets.

Well, I've heard that Loki goes by several pseudonyms...

Well, I've heard that Loki goes by several pseudonyms...

Loki? Nah, he cannot go by anything with a pulse...

Working fusion reactors and judgment day has always been just around the corner.

If ypu go by the gospels the apostles thought it would be in the near term. The spin and interpretation and rationalizations began quickly to explain way things went as they did despite the gospels.

It was meant to happen within a generation. That some alive at the time would see Jesus return in the clouds with the host of heaven.

Back
Top Bottom