• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I am a huge fan of Hilary, but ...

ryan

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
a little of everything
Like many, I was mortified - truly sickened - by the results of the election. I don't like Trump at all, and I disagree with most of his ideas.

BUT, why why why is there this feeling that I am getting from the American people, specifically Hilary supporters, that it is not important for Trump to do a full investigation into Hilary, since he is an "outsider" and all. I mean this isn't like letting a kid go who stole a chocolate bar; this is the chance to know if there is a cover-up at the highest level departments of your government. Such a mass corruption will erode the practicing principles and standards that make your nation so strong.

Do any Hilary or possibly Trump supporters not want to see a more thorough investigation of Hilary and how the FBI handled the investigation? If not, why?

Last edited:
Like many, I was mortified - truly sickened - by the results of the election. I don't like Trump at all, and I disagree with most of his ideas.

BUT, why why why is there this feeling that I am getting from the American people, specifically Hilary supporters, that it is not important for Trump to do a full investigation into Hilary, since he is an "outsider" and all. I mean this isn't like letting a kid go who stole a chocolate bar; this is the chance to know if there is a cover-up at the highest level departments of your government. Such a mass corruption will erode the practicing principles and standards that make your nation so strong.

Do any Hilary or possibly Trump supporters not want to see a more thorough investigation of Hilary and how the FBI handled the investigation? If not, why?
I think the only reason there should be an investigation into Hillary would be if she was treated differently because of her position.
That sort of corruption is naturally repugnant.

How massive of an investigation does one really need to determine that hillary couldn't set up an email server?

I just don't see this pointless investigation revealing anything about "corruption at the highest levels of government", but simple stupidity. Or maybe, they could ask why Comey reopened the investigation in a very opportune time for Trump, only to drop it again just a few days before the election?

There has to be a clear reason for any investigation. Also this should distinguish between carelessness and any actual serious infraction. However, while I didn't particularly want her elected, there should be a cut off point for investigations and she should only be called to testify if there is good reason. I think there are those who want to investigate Trump also.

The problem with politics, the accuser only has to allege without proving anything.

The problem with these types of politically motivated kangaroo courts is that they are motivated by elections and to dig up dirt on the other side, rather than expose real corruption. Maybe it would be more useful to have a specific "internal affairs" type of team of non-politically chosen people whose explicit job it is to look into the activities of the currently serving administration as well as other government agencies. Make it a matter of policy that all politicians are under constant scrutiny, so that there is no need for any of these special investigations and hearings.

The problem with these types of politically motivated kangaroo courts is that they are motivated by elections and to dig up dirt on the other side, rather than expose real corruption. Maybe it would be more useful to have a specific "internal affairs" type of team of non-politically chosen people whose explicit job it is to look into the activities of the currently serving administration as well as other government agencies. Make it a matter of policy that all politicians are under constant scrutiny, so that there is no need for any of these special investigations and hearings.

A hearing is okay but the problem is each time there is a hearing the press and opposing parties start to make this into a situation that has not been shown to exist. There again repeated investigations into the same thing without any clear reason or new evidence will turn out to be a waste of time other than creating a political dust storm.

How massive of an investigation does one really need to determine that hillary couldn't set up an email server?

I just don't see this pointless investigation revealing anything about "corruption at the highest levels of government", but simple stupidity. Or maybe, they could ask why Comey reopened the investigation in a very opportune time for Trump, only to drop it again just a few days before the election?
My understanding it's not about email themselves. It's about the lying to the FBI during investigation and getting special treatment too.

But wouldn't you want to at least know what e-mail triggered Comey to re-open the investigation? And then how they came to determine that it was nothing. Like Trump says, "You can't review 650,000 new e-mails in 8 days" from https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/trump-blasts-fbi-clinton-email-143052736.html

- - - Updated - - -

My understanding it's not about email themselves. It's about the lying to the FBI during investigation and getting special treatment too.

Yeah, that just infuriates me, and I am not even an American.

Ultimately it's the big mouth fans of Hillary that gave us Trump.

Idiots. Every one of them.

To think they have something to say now when they were so blind then is also idiocy.

Are you serious? She was incredibly investigated. The FBI determined that she did not intentionally distribute classified information. Where's all the fucking investigations into Trumps background? There's an incredible double standard.

But wouldn't you want to at least know what e-mail triggered Comey to re-open the investigation? And then how they came to determine that it was nothing. Like Trump says, "You can't review 650,000 new e-mails in 8 days" from https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/trump-blasts-fbi-clinton-email-143052736.html

- - - Updated - - -

First off, I'd like to see the proof that she lied to the FBI and got special treatment. I've heard this bull shit for 20 years. I'm not buying it anymore. Secondly, investigators use computer programs to scan e-mails. This happens all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Opening Arguments Legal Blog - Hillary's Damn Emails

A very good discussion of the email issue. Cleared up many things for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Opening Arguments Legal Blog - Hillary's Damn Emails

A very good discussion of the email issue. Cleared up many things for me.

Its not a text. Could you please give a summary?

How many full investigations do you need?? How many more millions of taxpayer money do you need to spend to try to negate previous investigations that found nothing worthwhile? Wouldn't your time be better spent refuting the moon landings or bringing back preventable diseases with Melania?

People who spare a single thought about Hillary Clinton at this point are just looped recordings. They haven't gotten the memo that the GOP does not give a flying fuck about Clinton because she is politically out of the way now. All the outrage and moralizing was for the purpose of getting her out of the way and it worked. No office holding Republican is going to do anything more than lip service at this point. What were life-or-death moral and ethical issues before the election are not so important anymore. (Ordinary citizens still harping on Clinton have yet to notice that their moral system is much more flexible and relative than advertised if their elected officials are any indication.)

Without input from the authority figures, the programming about the evil Hillary Clinton will die out and followers will switch their attention to the current GOP dog whistles. If a Clinton should rear its head politically over the next four years, Red America is well prepared to pick up the delusional outrage where it left off.

Couldn't get passed the title, and you gave no explanation. WHY are you a huge fan of Hillary pay-to-play Clinton?

Comey finished up saying a Prosecutor wouldn't take the case. She was Secretary of State, people in high levels of power get a bit more leeway than people under them. Clinton is a bit like Lance Armstrong. The most investigated person, but you still think something is under the surface... and there likely is, but how many more investigations must we endure? She didn't put American interests at risk like W did prior to 9/11, ignoring Richard Clarke's warnings or prior to and during the invasion and occupation of Iraq when his Administration ignored warnings of destabilizing the area. That was actually harm against American interests, serious harm! Not a single email out of place, just dead people.

I'm sick and tired of anti-Clinton people looking for every single little technicality to catch a Clinton. Trump already settled a major fraud case about a "school" he ran. That is an actual crime, the targeted defrauding of thousands of Americans. There is evidence that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians during the campaign. The FBI sources indicating a fake indictment against the Clintons over their Foundation. Wikileaks and the Russians and people want to talk about Clinton and her emails.

I don't trust Clinton much, but the other guy, the President Elect committed fraud and has serious conflicts of interest across the globe and he wants us to trust him. The target is there, not with Hillary Clinton and the FBI

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't get passed the title, and you gave no explanation. WHY are you a huge fan of Hillary pay-to-play Clinton?
Reasonable Supreme Court and judicial appointments, somewhat viable budgeting strategy, knew who would be in charge, moving to try and make public college affordable, living wage, ACA moves forward not backwards.

As Harry B pointed out, Hillary has been "investigated" ad nauseum. But there's a more compelling dynamic at work here. Donald Trump has been a conman, liar, thief and a fraud for his entire life. He's (just barely) smart enough to imagine the kind of shit that would stick to him, should he ever be investigated to one tenth of the degree to which HRC has already been persec - er, investigated. He can't even afford to have his taxes released (it would be the end of him) let alone let any of his nefarious dealings be examined in the cold light of day.

Absolutely not. The reason is exactly what many others have already said - she has already been thoroughly investigated and cleared. Any further investigation is a waste of time and money. Granted, given Trump's life-long habit of grifting and score-settling, he's absolutely not the person to head such an investigation in any case, but it's long past time to get over the fact that there was simply no fire, and very little smoke, in any of these supposed "Hillary email/Clinton Foundation" "scandals".

- - - Updated - - -

First off, I'd like to see the proof that she lied to the FBI and got special treatment. I've heard this bull shit for 20 years. I'm not buying it anymore. Secondly, investigators use computer programs to scan e-mails. This happens all the time.

But you are shifting the point that I am trying to make. If I thought she were guilty, I wouldn't have rooted for her.

Anyone at this level of power and with so much questionable activity, by Hilary and the FBI, should at least be investigated now that you have the chance because of the "outsider" Trump. It would at least give everyone on both sides such closure now that there is a guy in there who is not bred out of the very same system under scrutiny. It couldn't hurt; it could only help immensely.

Back
Top Bottom