• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I love being honored by marching in a parade...

Alcoholic Actuary

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
said no soldier ever.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...o-stage-military-parade-down-pennsylvania-ave

We are going to show our 'appreciation' for the military by making them do all of the work to entertain everyone else.

Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev presided over large military parades showing off the latest in Soviet military might. Beschloss says some in the White House approached Eisenhower, himself a decorated military general, suggesting the U.S. do the same, to show off American might.

"Eisenhower said absolutely not, we are the preeminent power on Earth," Beschloss says, recalling Eisenhower's response. "For us to try to imitate what the Soviets are doing in Red Square would make us look weak."

I'm sure president bone spurs knows more than a 4 star combat general who presided over the height of the cold war.

aa

This isn't for the honor of the military.

This is to stroke Cadet Bone Spurs' ego.

I loathe him more every day.

IMO, it's must worse than that. After watching all the propaganda at the state of the union, I am seeing this as another piece. It's another way for him to force his opinions on everyone. He frames so much of it as national security and recently called the democrats treasonous. This all goes with consolidating a single opinion among the political elites and making liberals ostracized. It's like despotism forming before us.

What we need is a virtual parade like a video game with 3D virtual glasses. Trump and like minded could have a virtual military parade everyday without closing down Washington DC for one. His supporters could join in and cheer thanks to the net. Be a member of the virtual crowd, controlling a virtual parade watcher.

On the other hand, a real military parade will keep Spiny Norman at bay.

What we need is a virtual parade like a video game with 3D virtual glasses. Trump and like minded could have a virtual military parade everyday without closing down Washington DC for one. His supporters could join in and cheer thanks to the net. Be a member of the virtual crowd, controlling a virtual parade watcher.

On the other hand, a real military parade will keep Spiny Norman at bay.

OMG, I thought Spiny Norman was still in England!

We must have a military parade ASAP!

His statement about wanting a parade is working. People are paying so much attention to that instead of whatever else he is doing.
What is "he" doing? What about what the Republicans have been doing... for the last 30 years? This just didn't start in a vacuum.

This isn't for the honor of the military.

This is to stroke Cadet Bone Spurs' ego.

I loathe him more every day.

Damn right. Man boy Orange saw a parade in France and now has a new shiny toy he wants to play with, and his will be bigger and better than anyone else's. Half the GOP is behind him trying to make it into a celebration of the military, which is utter bullshit in action. We never have enough money for anything, but we have money so Fuck La Orange can stick his chin out, Mussolini style and have bragging rights? You want to celebrate the military? How about supporting the many bills that have been rejected by the GOP that will actually help members of the military much more than making them march around up and down the square.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJ8ILIE780[/YOUTUBE]

His statement about wanting a parade is working. People are paying so much attention to that instead of whatever else he is doing.
What is "he" doing? What about what the Republicans have been doing... for the last 30 years? This just didn't start in a vacuum.

True true, but people aren't talking about that right now. They're talking about the parade. Actually, they're not even talking about the parade, they're talking about him talking about a parade.

True true, but people aren't talking about that right now. They're talking about the parade. Actually, they're not even talking about the parade, they're talking about him talking about a parade.
Talking about him ordering the Defense Department to have a Military Parade.

Talking about him ordering the Defense Department to have a Military Parade.

Talking about him talking about ordering the Defense Department...

Would not it be funny if they said to him "Cool, we are gonna make huge parade", but then did tiny one with maybe few vehicles and one jet, and 30 soldiers :) I would like to see Trump's face on that "parade"

On Military.com, the vets are talking about the headline saying 'order,' when what Trump 'really' did was request a parade.

Have to wonder about that. I mean, I never met the commander in chief. I met a couple of admirals. Several commodores. Lots of captains. For the most part, when someone of a superior rank says 'I request' it's indistinguishable from 'I command.' Either way, you need a really, really good reason to not comply.

When they're THE superior rank, I can't see much difference...

On Military.com, the vets are talking about the headline saying 'order,' when what Trump 'really' did was request a parade.

Have to wonder about that. I mean, I never met the commander in chief. I met a couple of admirals. Several commodores. Lots of captains. For the most part, when someone of a superior rank says 'I request' it's indistinguishable from 'I command.' Either way, you need a really, really good reason to not comply.

When they're THE superior rank, I can't see much difference...
Regardless, I look forward to seeing the subs in the parade.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing the subs in the parade.
I was at a 4th of July parade in Jacksonville. A squadron from the Naval Air Station showed their prowess at flying in formation by driving golf carts in coordinated maneuvers.
We could do something similar, I suppose. Take a few golf carts, paint them black, and then 140 of us drive at 4 knots to nowhere, being quiet and undetectable... running away from any contacts, hiding...
Or, you know, TELL people we were in the parade. But if you saw us, we fucked it up...

Back
Top Bottom