• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I made a framed wall picture for myself

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Recently, I made a framed wall picture for myself.

I bought a picture frame at a local WalMart. It is 36" * 24", and it has a plastic border, a plastic windowpane in front, and a cardboard back. It has hangers for both portrait and landscape hanging.

I then found the image file that I wanted to use in the picture. It was ColumbiaHillsSpirit1024x576.jpg (JPEG Image, 1024 × 576 pixels) - the Columbia Hills from Spirit rover on Mars. Other places to find this picture are Dust storms linked to gas escape from Martian atmosphere | CU Boulder Today | University of Colorado Boulder and Mars Surface Wallpapers - Top Free Mars Surface Backgrounds - WallpaperAccess

I then cropped it to 3:2 aspect ratio for fitting into my desired size without distortion.

Once I did that, I went to Make Custom Posters from your Pictures | Ships Fast | PosterBurner and ordered a 36" * 24" poster with that image file printed on it. It took about half a week to print it and deliver it, and I quickly put it in the frame and hung the frame on the wall.

So I now have a framed picture of Mars's surface on the wall of my room.

That's cool. How nice that you were able to exercise your creative side and make something that you enjoy looking at when you are in your room. I am impressed. :)

A 1024x576 image file seems awfully small for a 24x36 print. What’s the viewing distance?
Something like 8 feet. That makes each pixel about 1.5 arcminutes wide, at the limit of human visual resolution. So it won't appear blurry.

In fact, when I look at it up close, it looks blurry rather than pixelated.

Back
Top Bottom