• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Was a Communist for the FBI

Mediancat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
On the chance anyone has any interest in a prime example of Red Scare entertainment, I commend to you the radio show I Was a Communist for the FBI. Based on the dubious exploits of Matt Cvetic as well, a communist for the FBI, every episode features Dana Andrews (who far outacts the material) as Cvetic, screwing up some plot of Those Dirty Commies to ruin the American way of life. One episode might be about discrediting an anti-communist politician; the next about smuggling loyal party members in from Mexico; the next about blackmailing a plastic surgeon into providing Party members with new faces.

Every single communist in the show is a dupe, a goon, a coward, or a sadist, and most of them are evil and know it, being into the party for the power it can bring them, not for any kind of ideal. They're also flatly written and either cunning, pseudointellectual or brutish, but rarely intelligent. It's entertaining in the same way the original Reefer Madness was entertaining.

On the chance anyone has any interest in a prime example of Red Scare entertainment, I commend to you the radio show I Was a Communist for the FBI. Based on the dubious exploits of Matt Cvetic as well, a communist for the FBI, every episode features Dana Andrews (who far outacts the material) as Cvetic, screwing up some plot of Those Dirty Commies to ruin the American way of life. One episode might be about discrediting an anti-communist politician; the next about smuggling loyal party members in from Mexico; the next about blackmailing a plastic surgeon into providing Party members with new faces.

Every single communist in the show is a dupe, a goon, a coward, or a sadist, and most of them are evil and know it, being into the party for the power it can bring them, not for any kind of ideal. They're also flatly written and either cunning, pseudointellectual or brutish, but rarely intelligent. It's entertaining in the same way the original Reefer Madness was entertaining.

I was a communist for the FBI isn't my favorite old time radio show. Better shows imo are X-1; Suspense; The Whistler; The Shadow; and Murder at Midnight.

Back
Top Bottom