• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I went to the fights last night, and the Oscars broke out

Chris Rock did his crass act insulting a woman's physical condition due to serious disease, and on global TV.

Smith should have waited until they were outside and bet the shit out of him.

If yiu think what Chris Said was acdeptable suppose I walked up to you and insulyed the way your wife looks in a public place like a restorant? And then I laughed. How woud you respond? How would your wife reel?

It is Chris Rock who should be banned.

I agree, except for the violence part. Assault is a crime and not to mention just stupid ape toxic masculinity behavior. Other than that, I think we're on the same page about something, Steve. :)

Chris Rock did his crass act insulting a woman's physical condition due to serious disease, and on global TV.

Smith should have waited until they were outside and bet the shit out of him.

If yiu think what Chris Said was acdeptable suppose I walked up to you and insulyed the way your wife looks in a public place like a restorant? And then I laughed. How woud you respond? How would your wife reel?

It is Chris Rock who should be banned.

I agree, except for the violence part. Assault is a crime and not to mention just stupid ape toxic masculinity behavior. Other than that, I think we're on the same page about something, Steve. :)
Hyperbole.

Will Smith is an actor who made it big young and never really grew up, IMO. He was acting out one of hus tough guy characters.

In a sense it was all theater.

Chris Rock represents how crass and crude has become normal in our culture. A ways back was Andrew Dice Clay.

i would probably want to stand up and backhand you, even if you are just some frail pensioner with a nasty tongue.

I would want to you feel small and afraid so that you think twice before you harass somone in public again.

The problem is that I don't know in advance whether you are being a bully, or if you have Tourette's or some other mental problem. By hitting you I would most likely have done something regrettable. All the worse because I'm supposed to be setting an example for my boy.

What we need to understand is that we haven't been raised with the tools to deal with these situations. We're still regressing to primitive behaviour. We need to become wiser and pass on those lessons to the next generations.

As DBT said, violence takes many forms. One is intimidation and humiliation at someone else's expense for personal gain.

There is a guy in my building who will intimate you if you let him. I don't think he is a physcal threat but there are women in the building who are scared of him. A subtle bully.

As DBT said, violence takes many forms. One is intimidation and humiliation at someone else's expense for personal gain.

There is a guy in my building who will intimate you if you let him. I don't think he is a physcal threat but there are women in the building who are scared of him. A subtle bully.
While I see what you're driving at, I don't think it is useful to call these things violence in the context of a discussion about a man's decision to strike another man in response to a verbal insult.

If you witness someone using their words and body language to intimidate somone, you have the ability to interrupt or bodily get in the way, but that does not mean that you should be the one to initiate violence.

Will Smith gets to keep his Oscar (HURRAH!!) but is banned from attending Oscars for ten years. Seems a bit over the top but oh well.

Glad Smith won the award though, it's about time a grouch got an Oscar.

w8a0e0rcpns81.jpg

Back
Top Bottom