• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $550. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

If I want to start a hobby, can I start with this?

Symone

Okay hi guys, I'm super new here but everyone seems proactive so I feel it's okay to ask about........sewing.

Haha yea, I saw a super cute sewing machine and it's so MINI!
It's a handheld sewing machine, that kind you can put in your bag.

I never sewed to begin with, and I just wanted something super affordable to know if I like sewing.

LANSEN-portable-sewing-machine.png

I got my info from yobireview.com

Anyone has user experience to share?
I'd like to know if it's practical enough to give me a taste of sewing.

Have a good day y'all :joy:

Last edited:

Elixir

Content Thief

Mrs Elixir used to sew professionally, so she has some great machines.
I have this:

speedy-stitch-2.jpg

Works for horse tack...

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
I find those handheld ones work "okay" if you want to see what it's like to make a thing. But because it is less tuned for tension, it will not make a great garment since the seams will sometimes be loose, sometimes tight. For that a simple desktop model is needed. The real machines will also go more rapidly and are easier to hold straight.

But if you want to try, and make, say, a halloween costume, it is a cheap way to try and would be fun.
Pin your pieces together well, because it's hard to hold things straight with a hand-held.

Amelia

Spammer
Okay hi guys, I'm super new here but everyone seems proactive so I feel it's okay to ask about........sewing.

Haha yea, I saw a super cute sewing machine and it's so MINI!
It's a handheld sewing machine, that kind you can put in your bag.

I never sewed to begin with, and I just wanted something super affordable to know if I like sewing.

View attachment 29865

I got my info from yobireview.com

Anyone has user experience to share?
I'd like to know if it's practical enough to give me a taste of sewing.

Have a good day y'all :joy:

Hi there!! Nice to meet you and have a good day to you too. I would say if you like sewing then yes this is a good way to start with. And i really like the hand machine this is so nice. I really like it. Mini machine.

Top Bottom