• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If I want to start a hobby, can I start with this?

Symone

Basic Beliefs
Bloom where you are planted.
Okay hi guys, I'm super new here but everyone seems proactive so I feel it's okay to ask about........sewing.

Haha yea, I saw a super cute sewing machine and it's so MINI!
It's a handheld sewing machine, that kind you can put in your bag.

I never sewed to begin with, and I just wanted something super affordable to know if I like sewing.

LANSEN-portable-sewing-machine.png

[link removed - not on topic]

Anyone has user experience to share?
I'd like to know if it's practical enough to give me a taste of sewing.

Have a good day y'all :joy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Elixir used to sew professionally, so she has some great machines.
I have this:

speedy-stitch-2.jpg

Works for horse tack...

I find those handheld ones work "okay" if you want to see what it's like to make a thing. But because it is less tuned for tension, it will not make a great garment since the seams will sometimes be loose, sometimes tight. For that a simple desktop model is needed. The real machines will also go more rapidly and are easier to hold straight.

But if you want to try, and make, say, a halloween costume, it is a cheap way to try and would be fun.
Pin your pieces together well, because it's hard to hold things straight with a hand-held.

Okay hi guys, I'm super new here but everyone seems proactive so I feel it's okay to ask about........sewing.

I never sewed to begin with, and I just wanted something super affordable to know if I like sewing.

View attachment 29865

[removed URL]

Hi there!! Nice to meet you and have a good day to you too. I would say if you like sewing then yes this is a good way to start with. And i really like the hand machine this is so nice. I really like it. Mini machine.

[removed link]

I got my info from [removed URL]

The art of gift giving means that the gift you present to the recipient is something that is pleasing and satisfies them in some way.
Present Your gift in such a way that recipient feel very special.

edited by moderator to remove commercial link

Back
Top Bottom