• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I'm trying to remember the name of an old Sci-Fi movie...

couch_sloth

Basic Beliefs
Atheist (weak)
It was was a low budget film, I think it was made in the early to mid 1960's.
The story was set some years after a nuclear world war. A modern civilization had been rebuilt with the help of robots/androids. A lot of people were infertile due to radiation, and the lead character was afraid that the androids might end-up taking over. The lead character was part of a political party that was fighting to limit the power and influence of the androids.
Spoiler:

The lead character was unaware that he, himself, was an android.

Anyone know the name of this movie?

It was was a low budget film, I think it was made in the early to mid 1960's.
The story was set some years after a nuclear world war. A modern civilization had been rebuilt with the help of robots/androids. A lot of people were infertile due to radiation, and the lead character was afraid that the androids might end-up taking over. The lead character was part of a political party that was fighting to limit the power and influence of the androids.
Spoiler:

The lead character was unaware that he, himself, was an android.

Anyone know the name of this movie?

I don't believe I've seen that one, but being a scifi buff, I'd like to see it - even if it's awful.

Maybe one of these lists might jog your memory:

wiki/List_of_science_fiction_films_of_the_1960s

wiki/List_of_fictional_robots_and_androids

It's actually worth seeing. A bit of the acting and sets are reminiscent of Ed Wood movies, but some of the ideas and dialog it presents are great. e.g. A scene in which a woman defends and promotes the idea of humans marrying android/robots.... That you have a much better chance at happiness if you marry a sentient android (with emotions), who has been designed to be a good match for you.

This movie recently came to mind when watching some of the trailers for the new Blade Runner film.

Can't believe I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to look for it. Another interesting older scifi I recently learned of is The Quiet Earh (film) - Wikipedia. If you get the DVD, Neil Degrasse Tyson does the commentary.

Back
Top Bottom