• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Indystar Reports Pence to be Named VP to Trump

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
Pence is set to officially become the vice presidential nominee during the Republican National Convention, which starts July 18 in Cleveland. He could become the first vice president from Indiana since Dan Quayle took office in 1989 under George H.W. Bush.

Pence is a doorway to the evangelicals... who oddly enough, haven't been all too cold on Trump. Pence also is apparently a good fundraiser. Trump needs money, a lot of it. Being a billionaire apparently doesn't mean he has money to spend.

Helping Pence make the choice to join his wagon onto Trump's is that he was in for a tough re-election as Governor. According to Indiana law, you can't park a llama at a street corner... and you can't run for Federal office and Governor at the same time.

The real loser in this selection is the state of New Jersey... who are still stuck with Christie. However, if Trump wins, while the nation will be doomed, Christie would likely move into Trump's cabinet... so silver lining and all, at least for New Jersey.

This would be the same Pence who reportedly "loathes" Trump. Not just dislike, but actual loathing. Sounds about right for this election.

Mike pence won't speak at the Republican National Convention even though he is lined up to be vp
Kinda slippery if you ask me
Maybe they know he has nothing productive to say

Lovely. On top of the Cheeto Jesus we have Mr. Chokes-A-Lot.

The backup to a know nothing President with no experience and even less understanding of government is a man we all watched collapse like a house of cards while under pressure last year, during a completely predictable and understandable backlash. Maybe he can have a contest with Bush for who can stall longer while reading My Pet Goat.

I thought Pence was a better politician than this. Why would he willingly board a sinking ship?

I thought Pence was a better politician than this. Why would he willingly board a sinking ship?
His own boat might be sinking. While leading, he was in a tight race for Governor.
In the long run, Pence (in the GOP) is better off losing the governorship than getting clobbered while tied to Trump. But, then again, Indiana Republicans did plump for Trump and pushed him past Kasich.

Maybe this Pence is playing along to help bolster any flagging support in the state.

Back
Top Bottom