• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Iran and Saudi Arabia signal the start of a new era, with China front and center

barbos

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist

No thread about that? US is slowly becoming irrelevant. China takes over Middle East and indications are, they will be better than US at that.

Just the latest instance of a continuing trend. The US has been neglecting its international reputation since Obama left office, and China has rightfully sensed an opportunity to advance their interests. If they think they can do some good realative to the fractured Muslim world, I say more power to them. If it works, and their reputational standing and commercial interests increase because of it, that would be fairly won ground, and for doing something genuinely worthwhile for the global community. I wish more world powers saw the advantages of showing off their might by promoting peace, rather than starting useless and unwinnable wars as has lately been the fashion.

Just the latest instance of a continuing trend. The US has been neglecting its international reputation since Obama left office
What do you mean neglecting? Biden started war with Russia, blowing gas pipelines left and right, occupying (illegally) Syria, China, and just last week he started another coup in Georgia. US have been busy creating mayhem internationally.

Just the latest instance of a continuing trend. The US has been neglecting its international reputation since Obama left office
What do you mean neglecting? Biden started war with Russia, blowing gas pipelines left and right, occupying (illegally) Syria, China, and just last week he started another coup in Georgia. US have been busy creating mayhem internationally.
You know perfectly well that no one agrees with your idiotic take on Ukraine.

Take the things we do agree on and be happy.

No one? are you sure?
Most of the world actually agrees with me.
Even your shitty governments agree with me, it's just they prefer to lie to you most of the time.

Anyway. This means that Iran is stopping their nuclear weapons program. And it was China alone who achieved that. The West and US had nothing to do with it.
US neocons (Senile Joe included) must be mad right now.

Last edited:
Barbos, as always your perception of international actions and opinion is so poor it makes me sad. First of all, No. This doesn't directly affect Iran's desire or ability to develop nukes. Secondly, neocons should rightfully welcome peace and stability in the ME. Terrorist extremist groups like ISIS and Al Quaida thrive in the chaos of conflict. (Though the ruling ideologies in Iran and SA are still pretty darn extreme by Western standards)
There isn't much to be upset about here much less "mad." A diplomatic win for peace is a win for everyone, not just China.

I dare you to go tell Putin that peace is a good thing. Lol.

zorq, as usual, you are projecting, It is your understanding of anything is so poor it's mind boggling.
Yes it does affect iranian nuclear program because Saudi Arabia would clearly put that into the conditions.
Secondly, neocons should welcome it but they won't. Mainly because China did it, and then it makes them look weak, pathetic and irrelevant.
US is pretty much done in ME and Asia. You lost Saudi Arabia.
US neocons are the ones who thrive in the chaos of conflict, that's why they support ISIS and other crap.
US still have some influence in GB, Poland, Baltic States and a bit less in Romania. That's all allies you can buy. The rest of the world is over you.

US have been dividing and conquering Middle East for about 50 years as far as Iran concerned. And China destroyed this strategy pretty much overnight. Well, it took more time but the speed with which US loses control is remarkable. Russia contributed to this as well.

I wonder what Israel will do. I suspect normalization with Iran and Syria as well :)
Syria normalization with Türkiye is a done deal (Russia did it). So say "bye" to american stealing oil from Syria.

I love how some people thinking Iran and Saudi Arabia playing nice for a whole 5 seconds means tHe EnD oF aMeRiCa111!!!!!!!ioneoneone.

Oh, they will play nice now, China will make sure of it. So if I were you I would not bet on US being able to break it.
Plus Saudi Arabia Prince literally hates Biden&Co. Yeah that deal with "journalist" murder.

Oh, they will play nice now, China will make sure of it.
You're right. The one thing history has proven time and time again is how well Communist and Islamic nations work so well together. Iran and Saudi Arabia in particular have a well document history on how tolerant they are towards influences imposed from third parties.

Another failure of American foreign policy.

China will not make an issue of human rights in Iran and Saudi Arabia. There is probably ams saes in the mix.

We keep harping on human rights telling people to be like is and it never works.

Iran and SA making nice? That will be the day.

China is utterly pragmatic.

China's foreign policy is covered n our news. They are good at propaganda.

They put restrictions on Microsoft software and complain when we ban TickTock.

China has been giving infrastructure loans to places who can never keep up. When they defoult China takes the assets. Like port facilities.

There is probably ams saes in the mix.
Unlikely. Have a look at Chinese projects throughout Eastern Africa and South East Asia. And like you mentioned they are big on loans. The image of China being seen as the world power that helps with infrastructure and schools and whatnot disappears after the first arms deal. There is no chance they'll throw that away - they'll lose more than they gain.

No one? are you sure?
Yup. Sure.
Most of the world actually agrees with me.
Who told you that lie?
Even your shitty governments agree with me, it's just they prefer to lie to you most of the time.
“All your shitty government are belong to us!” Very well parroted, Barbos!
You are fast learning to recite your Chinese overlords’ propaganda. How does it feel to live in a slave state of Iran and China?

I believe China is involved militarily in Africa. I saw film cl;ips of Chinese patriotic military movies set in Africa, analogous to our exaggerated movies like Rambo.

Who does China sell arms to?

China exports weapons to six countries in Southeast Asia: Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, and Thailand, and sends security contractors to the latter five.Dec 9, 2022

A permanent Chinese military installation in Equatorial Guinea is the culmination of nearly a decade’s investment in Africa – and will not be the last of such bases on the continent’s Atlantic coast

They crave being seen as a peer to the USA. They are doing what we have always done post WWII.

In the reporting they are overextended in their infrastructure projects.

The sad part is it is or greed for cheap labor and profit that transferred technology and manufacturing skills to China wholesale which enabled the rapid rise China as an adversary.
There were tax breaks probably still on the books that underwrote companies moving manufacturing to China.

In the 90s I started an interview process with Microsoft for a Chinese jop transfering technolgy. I dropped it, I just could not do it.

North American and Europen investment pulled China out of the Maoist communist misery. No good deed goes unpunished or biting the hand that feeds you.

China's population is declining and they have no large scale imgration policy, they are heading for economic trouble.

It was inevitable, given all of our sanctions, that the nations we sanction would see in in their common interests to band against us. I expect more to follow.

China's population is declining and they have no large scale imgration policy, they are heading for economic trouble.
… and now they have to manage Russia, since it can no longer keep its own shit together. Add Iran to this mix of thieves, liars and corruption, and you have a toxic soup to rival America’s GOP.

Back
Top Bottom