• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is it really a big deal if Hillary received speech money?

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
graphic-11.jpg

Some of these items I could care less about like Gap Inc. But then should we be concerned with potential conflicts of interest?

Also why would Gap be paying her hundreds of thousands of dollars?

If she was in office at the time, shouldn't we get transcripts of the speeches?

Also, is this stuff actually a big deal?

If being paid a lot of money is a crime, then yes, it's a problem. But since making a lot of money isn't a crime, then it isn't a problem.

The GOP/Tea Party, in their tepid support for Drumpf are trying to make it a big deal, but they have an alleged billionaire running for office. They admire someone who's rich simply because they're rich, yet someone who's not worth as much $ is greedy and evil.

As for conflicts of interests I think one would have to provide evidence that due to the fee paid for the speech, that she then took a certain action that either benefited the group, or that a third party received a benefit, with that third party being so closely linked with the original group that it actually was a benefit to the original.

If being paid a lot of money is a crime, then yes, it's a problem. But since making a lot of money isn't a crime, then it isn't a problem.

The GOP/Tea Party, in their tepid support for Drumpf are trying to make it a big deal, but they have an alleged billionaire running for office. They admire someone who's rich simply because they're rich, yet someone who's not worth as much $ is greedy and evil.

As for conflicts of interests I think one would have to provide evidence that due to the fee paid for the speech, that she then took a certain action that either benefited the group, or that a third party received a benefit, with that third party being so closely linked with the original group that it actually was a benefit to the original.

Come on, Colonel, admit you have a job here to discredit Sanders. The Clinton foundation has more than $2Billion in it from Saudi and gulf sheiks. Give me a break. The Clintons are simply a profit making machine and let the Haitians be damned. Hillary opposed a raise in Haitian minimum wage to 60 cents an hour. You really think she has anything but her own self enrichment in mind, you are deluding yourself. She is a liar and cannot be trusted with anything. That's how liars are.
Some people think she is an "incrementalist" leaning toward liberalizing things. She will always make sure her increments are greater than anybody else's. Wake up and smell the coffee Colonel.:thinking:

I'm glad Donald Trump has never spoken for money.
He pays for his speeches out of his own pocket, so he can't be bought, unlike #CrookedHillary.

Once President Trump Makes America Great Again, anyone caught speaking for money will be loaded onto a boxcar and sent over the Wall (a really, really beautiful wall) to the land of rapists.

I'm glad Donald Trump has never spoken for money.
He pays for his speeches out of his own pocket, so he can't be bought, unlike #CrookedHillary.

Once President Trump Makes America Great Again, anyone caught speaking for money will be loaded onto a boxcar and sent over the Wall (a really, really beautiful wall) to the land of rapists.

His crookedness just happened at a DIFFERENT POINT IN THE GAME.:thinking:

Why is it that people think SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET makes their argument more valid?

Why is it that people think SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET makes their argument more valid?

Eh? what did you say? I rarely use bigger letters because people like you seem to be offended by it. Now you have some idea why I did that? I didn't even use the largest font offered by the forum's menu. Methinks you complaineth too much!;)

I hope it is alright to occasionally vary my presentation when it is called for. I did feel that to argue that Trump was somehow better than Clinton because he got his money outside what we call politics. He actually is every bit as bad.

I did feel that to argue that Trump was somehow better than Clinton because he got his money outside what we call politics. He actually is every bit as bad.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying.

Trump, like Clinton, has called for banning all Muslims from entering the country.

Trump, like Clinton, has insinuated that all Mexicans are rapists.

Trump, like Clinton, has encouraged supporters to violently eject protestors from events.

Trump, like Clinton, has disparaged women on a regular basis.

Trump, like Clinton, has called for torturing terrorists and killing their family members.

Two peas in a pod, right there...huh?

I did feel that to argue that Trump was somehow better than Clinton because he got his money outside what we call politics. He actually is every bit as bad.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying.

Trump, like Clinton, has called for banning all Muslims from entering the country.

Trump, like Clinton, has insinuated that all Mexicans are rapists.

Trump, like Clinton, has encouraged supporters to violently eject protestors from events.

Trump, like Clinton, has disparaged women on a regular basis.

Trump, like Clinton, has called for torturing terrorists and killing their family members.

Two peas in a pod, right there...huh?

Clintons pressed sanctions in Iraq that did nothing to Saddam but cause massive childhood deaths due to malnutrition. Her buddy Madelaine Al not-so-bright publicly opined that half a million Iraqi kids dying was not too high a price to pay for prosecuting sanctions against Hussein.

Rest assured, Clinton has her own version of "Muslims" and "Mexicans"..."born predators." Her and her husband are as guilty of racism as anybody.

Clinton's "women" are men. Big fucking deal!

Clinton is a little more careful than Trump who gets inside. They have to have money to put on the table. The few protesters at her events paid to get in.

They really are about the same and both not worth a tinker's dam.

Listen a little better, buddy.:thinking:

Come on guys. This thread isn't about a bunch of other issues or Trump. It's primarily about Clinton's speeches.

She seemed to have about one every other week.

I can't fault her at all for speaking at a women's conference and I think that's cool.

But what about all the speaking engagements with Wall St. It's not just Goldman Sachs when you look at it. It's a lot more.

What is that all about?

Come on guys. This thread isn't about a bunch of other issues or Trump. It's primarily about Clinton's speeches.

She seemed to have about one every other week.

I can't fault her at all for speaking at a women's conference and I think that's cool.

But what about all the speaking engagements with Wall St. It's not just Goldman Sachs when you look at it. It's a lot more.

What is that all about?

It looks like you will never know. She won't release them...and Goldman Sachs won't let you know...unless she becomes a "bad girl."

And what about the American Camping Association, uh? What's her dastardly angle with them? And in Atlantic City, of all non-camping places, just shows how nefarious this is...

Actually, what I find most subversive are the places who paid her in 2013, on the off chance that 4 years later she MIGHT run for president and MIGHT win.

What a gamble. She sure has a racket going, doesn't she! I mean, she could have just shafted them all and taken the money to Cancun!

Actually, what I find most subversive are the places who paid her in 2013, on the off chance that 4 years later she MIGHT run for president and MIGHT win.

What a gamble. She sure has a racket going, doesn't she! I mean, she could have just shafted them all and taken the money to Cancun!

Maybe they were paying her for work already done, like with revolving doors that politicians go through. Who knows. But I don't think I've ever seen this level of amount of speaking engagements and price. There's got to be a reason for it?

- - - Updated - - -

or...

Feb 1, 2013 - Outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who steps down from her post at the State Department today,

Right, but now that she's running for office again, we should see them, just like we should see Trump's tax returns.

Back
Top Bottom