• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

ISIS and the Silence of Atheists, Buddhists and Hindus

Ramaraksha

Basic Beliefs
Rational, Down-to-Earth
ISIS has been in the new much recently. They say either you convert to islam or face torture and death. But are these ideas new? Have we not heard/faced them before? Here in the US i am told that either i convert or else! face torture without end - that is actually worse than what isis is doing. Couched in nice language doesn't make it any less evil - "God loves you, he doesn't want you to go to hell"
ISIS is just the latest symptom, it is not the disease. The Swastika is not the problem, the real problem is the hate nurtured against Jews thru all these centuries. The Confederate flag is not the problem, racism is. Too often we tackle the symptom instead of focusing on the disease.
Which brings me to ask the question - how is it that these ideas of dividing people by religion, God hates you because you got his name wrong - ideas like these go unchallenged for so long? Have you heard of any good people, whether chritian, muslim or Atheists, Hindus or anyone else raising a voice against such ideas?
God is not just a name - if the reader was named differently would that change who he or she is? How do you pick your friends? because of their names? One friend named Todd moves away across the country, so you find a guy named Todd to replace him? How did you get your job? a promotion? They gave you your job because they liked your name?
How is it that such a simple concept escape millions? I can understand christians and muslims, they seem brainwashed by the prospect of an easy life in heaven, they are quite happy to throw grandma under the bus. What is our excuse?
What ISIS is doing is evil, but a being upstairs does the same thing and millions are ready to praise such a being? Which century are we in? How can we let these old primitive ideas hang around? Let's see if i got this God thing down - a super being created all of us, this planet, this galaxy and all others, maybe containing millions and billions of life forms. He watches over us to make sure we boost his ego by praying to him. And more important, we must get his name right - those who don't get tortured without mercy? Seriously? In the 21st century?
When good people stand around in silence, that is when evil reigns

evil western power created sectarian violence in iraq

iraq NEVER had sectarian violence before evil west invaded iraq in 2003

western white christians bombed iraqi mosques but did not bombed iraqi churches

so that created hate among iraqi

Shiite and Sunni wars are old and ancient. you know no history. Islam's present troubles stem from the theories of Ibn Taymiyyah, which influenced and still feeds current trends of islamic violence and jihadism. Don'r blame the West, its all Islam's fault. It's not totally new either. Remember the Pakistan civil war of 1971? 3 million dead until India intervened? Genocide of Armenians? We have insane Islamic jihadis in Nigeria, boko harum, Shabazz in the East. Taliban killers in Afghanistan, and North Pakistan. Mali, and other nations. Syria. Iraq was free of violence only because Saddam Hussein kept the Islamicists down by massive brute force.

Shiite and Sunni wars are old and ancient. you know no history. Islam's present troubles stem from the theories of Ibn Taymiyyah, which influenced and still feeds current trends of islamic violence and jihadism. Don'r blame the West, its all Islam's fault. It's not totally new either. Remember the Pakistan civil war of 1971? 3 million dead until India intervened? Genocide of Armenians? We have insane Islamic jihadis in Nigeria, boko harum, Shabazz in the East. Taliban killers in Afghanistan, and North Pakistan. Mali, and other nations. Syria. Iraq was free of violence only because Saddam Hussein kept the Islamicists down by massive brute force.
if want to count dead bodies , nobody can beat the white european in killing, 70 years ago 100 million dead bodies in white world war 2

since then white men still not stop bombing and killing

if want to count dead bodies , nobody can beat the white european in killing, 70 years ago 100 million dead bodies in white world war 2

Except for Putin, not much killing going on in Europe. Now the wars and terrorism are Islamic for the most part. Europe learned its lesson. Islam learned nothing from any of this it seems.

Except for Putin, not much killing going on in Europe. Now the wars and terrorism are Islamic for the most part. Europe learned its lesson. Islam learned nothing from any of this it seems.

tell us how many war that white man fought since white's world war 2?

Last edited:

I think it's a great pity that anyone should be posting about keeping score in the count of wars, and how many dead, and who did what, etc. etc. etc.
I would like us to figure out how humanity can live in peace, all of us, one with another.
I don't want to 'bury my head in the sand' with regard to the stupidity and violence perpetrated by any group of people. So yes, white people are not especially better than any others with regard to killings and wars. The same should be recognised for most groups in the world, except maybe for pacifists.

So how do we get to a world of peace, without laying blame on any one group in particular?

I think it's a great pity that anyone should be posting about keeping score in the count of wars, and how many dead, and who did what, etc. etc. etc.
I would like us to figure out how humanity can live in peace, all of us, one with another.
I don't want to 'bury my head in the sand' with regard to the stupidity and violence perpetrated by any group of people. So yes, white people are not especially better than any others with regard to killings and wars. The same should be recognised for most groups in the world, except maybe for pacifists.

So how do we get to a world of peace, without laying blame on any one group in particular?

i dont think peace will come before it will get worse

if we have police man like america we will never see peace

Projection of collective guilt.

A realistic assessment would enlist several variegated factors. But what do I know, Allah has blighted my mind in order to show his glory by bequeathing me my due punishment.

It has been curtailed quite a bit. After WWI, there was an attempt to deal with this growing problem of massive war. They created the League of Nations which worked about as well as the XFL. Then the UN came after WWII and things have improved greatly, doing well to keep us from waging WWIII.

The question at hand is what is being done internally to keep a World War within the Middle Eastern/Persian nations from happening. There are Sunni / Shia proxy wars in Iraq and Syria and things do appear to be getting to a problematic level. The question remains, can ISIS actually wage a full out war or are they only capable of taking over friendly areas.

Would you rather have a policeman like ISIS?

Face Mecca and swear to tell the truth before you answer.

Last edited:
if want to count dead bodies , nobody can beat the white european in killing, 70 years ago 100 million dead bodies in white world war 2since then white men still not stop bombing and killing
Since WWII, Europe has mostly learned the lesson. Excepting maybe Putin and his drunken Russians in Ukraine. Moslems learned nothing it seems, looking at their wide spread antics that seem to grow more widespread and insane year by year. Moslems are their own worst enemies. ISIS executing 1700 Shiites? Genocide. Syria? Genocide. Car bombs almost daily. Whose doing all that bombing in Iraq, Pakistan, Syria etc? Moslems. Killing Moslems. Not so good that can be said they are setting a good example, are they? Islam isn't helping much today, is it?

Islamic nations seem to either swing all too often between anarchy and internecine warfare or strongmen policemen to ride herd on them. Saddam Hussein, the Assads in Syria, from Nasser to Sisi in Egypt. Again, Islam can't seem to be trusted without a policeman. Somalia, Algeria, and other examples also come to mind.

Islamic nations seem to either swing all too often between anarchy and internecine warfare or strongmen policemen to ride herd on them. Saddam Hussein, the Assads in Syria, from Nasser to Sisi in Egypt. Again, Islam can't seem to be trusted without a policeman. Somalia, Algeria, and other examples also come to mind.

Says the guy from a country that has repeatedly overthrown democratic governments in the Middle East and installed dictators. Heck, we even trained the torturers used by those dictators, and now you look at the mess you made and feel superior.

The Confederate flag is not the problem, racism is. Too often we tackle the symptom instead of focusing on the disease.
I would agree that lawsuits to remove the Stars and Bars from, say, a state capital is not actually reducing racism.
However, the option is just letting the racists mark their territory. It implies that their racism is a state function.

Arguments about whether or not religion runs or should run America face the difficulty of theists seeing God in our motto, on our coins, in our National anthem, shrug and say, "Looks christain to me."

We have to fight the symptoms as well as the underlaying problems.

And as far as i can tell, we have been.

ISIS has been in the new much recently. They say either you convert to islam or face torture and death. But are these ideas new? Have we not heard/faced them before? Here in the US i am told that either i convert or else! face torture without end - that is actually worse than what isis is doing. Couched in nice language doesn't make it any less evil - "God loves you, he doesn't want you to go to hell"
ISIS is just the latest symptom, it is not the disease. The Swastika is not the problem, the real problem is the hate nurtured against Jews thru all these centuries. The Confederate flag is not the problem, racism is. Too often we tackle the symptom instead of focusing on the disease.
Which brings me to ask the question - how is it that these ideas of dividing people by religion, God hates you because you got his name wrong - ideas like these go unchallenged for so long? Have you heard of any good people, whether chritian, muslim or Atheists, Hindus or anyone else raising a voice against such ideas?
God is not just a name - if the reader was named differently would that change who he or she is? How do you pick your friends? because of their names? One friend named Todd moves away across the country, so you find a guy named Todd to replace him? How did you get your job? a promotion? They gave you your job because they liked your name?
How is it that such a simple concept escape millions? I can understand christians and muslims, they seem brainwashed by the prospect of an easy life in heaven, they are quite happy to throw grandma under the bus. What is our excuse?
What ISIS is doing is evil, but a being upstairs does the same thing and millions are ready to praise such a being? Which century are we in? How can we let these old primitive ideas hang around? Let's see if i got this God thing down - a super being created all of us, this planet, this galaxy and all others, maybe containing millions and billions of life forms. He watches over us to make sure we boost his ego by praying to him. And more important, we must get his name right - those who don't get tortured without mercy? Seriously? In the 21st century?
When good people stand around in silence, that is when evil reigns

We have watched brutality with sectarian, nationalistic, and ethnic conflict for decades.

Africa to the Mid East to Asia Minor and parts of South East Asia.

The Iraq army with the training and equipment it was given should have easily stopped ISIS.

The Iraq govt, military, and society is split on religion and tribe. Given our experience in Antagonist and Iraq militarily and our attempts to foster stable democracies, exactly what do you think we should do?

We all care, but we can not function carrying the weight of the world 24/7. If you really contemplate the totality of it one concludes a significant part o the world is ugly, irrational, and brutal l.

Saudi Arabia beheads people for adultery and apostasy. The beheadings are a public event. In one execution a headless woman's body was hung from a crane as a display. The behavior of ISIS is just an extreme manifestation of a generally backwards anachronistic culture.

The Iranian theocracy and the Arab Islamic monarchies

If not for oil the Arab oil states would be subject to our govt condemnation. You would not want to travel to Saudi Arabia and other gulf states actively promoting conversion to Christianity, or becoming secular.

If those on this forum who have criticized and mocked Islam were to travel to Saudi Arabia and became associated with our posts we would face harsh punishment. Saudi Arabia extradited a Saudi citizen fo Malaysia for an email deemed religiously offensive.

A Lebanese man who had a psychic TV show was arrested when he traveled to Saudi Arabia and given a death sentence witchcraft. I don't know how it turned out.

The entire region sucks. We keep waiting for an imagined Muslim silent moderate majority to speak out, and it does not seem to be there.

The Kurds are a separate culture from the Persians and Arabs. When Hussein was removed they set up a peaceful autonomous region bothering no one.

So, exactly what the hell do you suggest we do?

Pray. meditate? Wear a crown of thorns? Beat your head against a wall and wail?

Iraq was free of violence only because Saddam Hussein kept the Islamicists down by massive brute force.

Sometimes I think that it would have been better for everyone if the US had allowed Hussein to rule Iraq.

Absolutely right. He was toppled from power with the misguided assumption Arabs would behave like Latin Americans (e.g. Panama).

Back
Top Bottom