• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

ISIS and the Silence of Atheists, Buddhists and Hindus

From the old forum Seyed is probably consistent to himself

He believes Islam is the solution to world problems, yet ignores large scale Islamic behavior as seen in Iraq and elsewhere. He claims Islam is tolerant but sports sharia law.

The question I always have for Seyed is why he is here and not in an Islamic state.

My questions for Seyed

1. Are you Sunni or Shiite?
2. Do you support ISIS?

1, neither i dont believe in sect
2, i dont know them

ISIS created by western bad policies in ME

Last edited:
From the old forum Seyed is probably consistent to himself

He believes Islam is the solution to world problems, yet ignores large scale Islamic behavior as seen in Iraq and elsewhere. He claims Islam is tolerant but sports sharia law.

The question I always have for Seyed is why he is here and not in an Islamic state.

My questions for Seyed

1. Are you Sunni or Shiite?
2. Do you support ISIS?

1, neither i dont believe in sect
2, i dont know them

ISIS created by western bad policies in ME

Do you support sharia law?

Please do not be evasive, do you support the Islamic sharia law being mandated by ISIS?

ISIS comes from the sectarian Islamic conflicts and a dream of restoring the Ottoman Empire..

Teach me. Post a link that describes what sharia law should be. The rules and obligations.
Sharia is not law. It's like going into the bible, pulling out some crap, interpreting it however you like and then enforcing your interpretation.

Sharia Law means Islamic religious edicts coded into a legal system. In Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE it is enforced by the legal system to varying degrees, with Saudi Arabia being the most extreme.

Whether the sharia law is an historical set of side rules or Koran based is irrelevant.

Sharia is a mix of Koranic sources plus interpretations as it evolved.

In Islam there is no such thing as a civil justice system, the theocracy is the state.

The constitutions of the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq declare the Koran as the basis of their legal systems. Islam based in the Koran is antithetical to western democracy.

When I grew up in Connecticut in the 50s/60s we had Blue Laws. Religious based laws. One was businesses had to close on Sunday, a mild form of Christian 'sharia'.

Under Christian 'sharia' that ran up to recent decades there were harsh civil penalties for homosexuality. Heterosexual couples could go to jail for oral sex in some states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

In the USA Jews who wish to adhere to Jewish principles in business and social life can defer civil disputes to binding arbitration by Jewish courts.

There is a Muslim community in the USA that wanted to run themselves according to sharia law outside of our legal system.

To my post, Seyed in the past proclaims Islam is a solution to world problems and is a tolerant system. Then goe son to support conservative Islamic principles. I am asking Seyed to define his Muslim principles related to sharia..

i'd like to know how the enforcement o Sharia by ISIS is In line with his views. And he is being evasive.

Sharia is not law. It's like going into the bible, pulling out some crap, interpreting it however you like and then enforcing your interpretation.

Sharia Law means Islamic religious edicts coded into a legal system. In Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE it is enforced by the legal system to varying degrees, with Saudi Arabia being the most extreme.

Whether the sharia law is an historical set of side rules or Koran based is irrelevant.

In Islam there is no such thing as a civil justice system, the theocracy is the state.

The constitutions of the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq declare the Koran as the basis of their legal systems. Islam based in the Koran is antithetical to western democracy.

When I grew up in Connecticut in the 50s/60s we had Blue Laws. Religious based laws. One was businesses had to close on Sunday, a mild form of Christian 'sharia'.

Under Christian 'sharia' that ran up to recent decades there were harsh civil penalties for homosexuality. Heterosexual couples could go to jail for oral sex in some states.

In the USA Jews who wish to adhere to Jewish principles in business and social life can defer civil disputes to binding arbitration by Jewish courts.

There is a Muslim community in the USA that wanted to run themselves according to sharia law outside of our legal system.

To my post, Seyed in the past proclaims Islam is a solution to world problems and is a tolerant system. Then goe son to support conservative Islamic principles. I am asking Seyed to define his Muslim principles related to sharia..

i'd like to know how the enforcement o Sharia by ISIS is In line with his views. And he is being evasive.

sharia is moral code / law

sharia ONLY for muslims

sharia cover all aspect of muslims life from birth to death

sharia also include religious ritual, money, charity, parenting, dress code, moral teaching, marriage, etc PLUS criminal justice

if a muslim does not believe in sharia he/she is not a muslim

sharia ONLY for muslims

sharia also include religious ritual, money, charity, parenting, dress code, moral teaching, marriage, etc PLUS criminal justice

Yes, but the Koran says Muslims should work towards a global Islamic state, does it not?

You believe in all of it such as

Executing people for fornication and adultery?
Death for homosexuals?
Death for being offensive to Islam?
Women should be covered in public?

sharia ONLY for muslims

Yes, but the Koran says Muslims should work towards a global Islamic state, does it not?

1) Executing people for fornication and adultery?
2)Death for homosexuals?
3)Death for being offensive to Islam?
4)Women should be covered in public?

where does in the quran says muslims should work towards a global Islamic state?

1 no
2 no
3 no
4 yes

1) Executing people for fornication and adultery?
2)Death for homosexuals?
3)Death for being offensive to Islam?
4)Women should be covered in public?

where does in the quran says muslims should work towards a global Islamic state?

1 no
2 no
3 no
4 yes

Thank you for the response.

plausible deniability was afforded to Fred Phelps and the Westboro Church.
Muslims say killing in the name of Allah is not rooted in their text but it sure is in their tradition.
We can be certain there will be no Muslims killing over their religious beliefs rooted in Islam if we get rid of Islam.
get rid of Islam and we won't have Muslims hurting society or individuals.

Muslims say killing in the name of Allah is not rooted in their text but it sure is in their tradition.
We can be certain there will be no Muslims killing over their religious beliefs rooted in Islam if we get rid of Islam.
how do you get rid of islam?

answer wise man

how do you get rid of islam?

answer wise man
debunk it
encourage skepticism

Should we not be able to see that faith based beliefs, such as all religions are based on, are simply not reliable source of factual information?

Why believe in imaginary gods? Shouldn't we as a species grow up and let our absurd beliefs in imaginary things fall away? Just like the Ancient Greek gods, the gods of Egypt and Rome, Africa, etc, etc, fell out of use? Why still cling to these unproven Entities, only because they are in current form?

Why the division and conflict over this or that doctrine of faith? What does it achieve in the end? Is the emotional security that faith provides worth all the madness? All the killing?

Should we not be able to see that faith based beliefs, such as all religions are based on, are simply not reliable source of factual information?

Why believe in imaginary gods? Shouldn't we as a species grow up and let our absurd beliefs in imaginary things fall away? Just like the Ancient Greek gods, the gods of Egypt and Rome, Africa, etc, etc, fell out of use? Why still cling to these unproven Entities, only because they are in current form?

Why the division and conflict over this or that doctrine of faith? What does it achieve in the end? Is the emotional security that faith provides worth all the madness? All the killing?

No, it is npt worth it for some of us, but face it, we are a minority. We are not all "Swedes". I don't know if they have superstitions to make up for their lack of faith. Religion or some other form of superstition seems essential to humans. The Chinese, many of them, may be atheists but they make up for it in their faith in magic. The number 4 is unlucky for all of them, because it is pronounced (?in Mandarin only) somewhat like the word for "death". The number 8 is very lucky. Houses may seem lucky or unlucky according to their geographic orientation or shape or something. And so on... Not to mention some of their beliefs about their "medicines" - rhino horn, bear gallbladders, tiger parts etc etc...
Many atheists are very happy to live without any religion but many of them seem to need the regular aid of drugs or alcohol to remain happy in this way.
Of course all of these, Swedes, Chinese, atheists, will jump to deny that they have anything that helps them along.The atheists will shout that their drug use is "purely recreational". But so is religion, it is recreational in all meanings of the word.
Personally, what helps me is a profound and firmly held cynicism about everything I hear, see or experience. There are a few exceptions. And a shot of tequila now and then helps too... :)

Back
Top Bottom