• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

ISS Astronauts - Clothing Tribute to Apollo 12

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Jessica Meir on Twitter: "Today, on the 50th anniversary of the launch of #Apollo12, we pay tribute to the flight control and ground support teams & all who worked behind the scenes to enable us to send the first humans to the Moon. We at @NASA look forward to returning there on #Artemis missions! #Apollo https://t.co/PxiyE02bLH" / Twitter

The picture showed two male and two female ISS astronauts doing a sort of clothing tribute.

The two male ones and one female one were dressed in short white shirts, long black pants, and black ties, presumably like the male support workers of back then.

The other female one was dressed in a tight-fitting knee-length short-sleeved dress and what looked like black socks.

All four of them wore black-rim horn-rimmed glasses.

[TEMPEST] ♥ on Twitter: "@Astro_Jessica @NASA @Space_Station @NASA_Johnson @Astro_Christina @AstroDrewMorgan @astro_luca @NASA_Astronauts Is that technically the first dress worn in space? I can't recount any earlier examples. #World1st" / Twitter

I don't think I've ever seen any space traveler wear a dress or a skirt or a kilt.

Thanx for interpreting those obscure comments.

A good indication of how far we have come is to look at what female US presidential candidates have been wearing. Several of them have been wearing pantsuits much of the time, and sometimes all of the time (Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard, Marianne Williamson?).

Back
Top Bottom