• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's Mike Pence.

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Trump's VP.
Donald Trump selects Mike Pence as VP
62525750.jpg

56061828.jpg

Well, the good thing is that Indiana law doesn't let someone both run for VP and run for Governor at the same time. That means Pence can't get re-elected and he'll no longer be Governor of Indiana.

Congrats, Indiana.

Well, the good thing is that Indiana law doesn't let someone both run for VP and run for Governor at the same time. That means Pence can't get re-elected and he'll no longer be Governor of Indiana.

Congrats, Indiana.

Now they can elect someone even worse.

Trump wanted someone that would make him look really, really smart.

This guy makes a cucumber look smart.

I only read Politico, but guessing from Mitch McConnell's and others remarks, it was a deal. Dump "dump Trump" and Trump doesn't dump Pence(who unfortunately doesn't rhyme with trump).

What was the wording reported yesterday, that he wasn't going to announce today or that he wasn't going to officially announce today?

Hey, as a former teenage delinquent, suddenly i almost want to vote for two people who want to TP the White House...

I only read Politico, but guessing from Mitch McConnell's and others remarks, it was a deal. Dump "dump Trump" and Trump doesn't dump Pence(who unfortunately doesn't rhyme with trump).
I am thinking this is likely too. He was likely foisted on Trump by the party just like Caribou Barbie was foisted on McCain. Didn't quite work out in 2008 either.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not fooling anyone.
Neither are you.

Pence has no experience
He was in the House for 12 years and governor for almost 4. Experience is not his problem. His ideas are.
Trump needs to make inroads into independents if he wants to win. People who like Pence will vote GOP no matter what - it's not like they are going to vote for Hillary or Johnson. I would say Pence was a misstep and can only be explained by the party pressuring him.

Of the 3 VP candidates that were talked about publically, Pence is the best counterweight of the 3 to Trump. Pence is a social conservative but he is not a loud-mouthed asshat like Gingrich, Christie and Trump.

From all that I have read, McCain surprised his party by choosing Palin.
From what I have seen he wanted somebody like Tom Ridge or even Joe Liebermann, but he could not get the party blessing for them.

Don2 is not trying to fool anyone. But you are failing miserably in your attempts to fool anyone.
Neither am I. Do you and Don really think funny reaction images are unacceptable if they involve black people?
Btw, aren't you upset Don is stealing your stupid lines?

- - - Updated - - -

Of the 3 VP candidates that were talked about publically, Pence is the best counterweight of the 3 to Trump. Pence is a social conservative but he is not a loud-mouthed asshat like Gingrich, Christie and Trump.
He is anti-abortion, anti-gay and thinks climate change and evolution are lies. I'd much rather have seen him select somebody like Christie, who may be an ass but is at least not a religious nutcase.

No more than the KKK is upset with you.
Edited, you know that. Baseless insults are all you and your fellow left-wing radicals have and you are trying to derail this thread with a racist derail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly why he was chosen - he "balances" the Donald on those issues.
But the balance in that direction is not needed as there is no alternative to Trump on that side of the political spectrum as I doubt Trump will face any serious challenger there. As I said, he needs inroads into independents leaning toward Hillary and Gary Johnson and Pence appeals to neither of those.

Trump has your vote already.
No, he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom