• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ivanka Trump: just following orders?

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Ivanka Trump’s latest admission proves the rotten apple has not fallen far from the tree

It started with how she stated that she suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her children, and then got into how her company had not offered maternity leave.

While Ivanka and husband Jared Kushner have repeatedly been presented as “moderating influences” in the White House, the couple have demonstrated little ability to alter Trump’s regressive agenda. According to a widely shared piece in the most recent issue of Vanity Fair, Ivanka has “tried to distance herself from her own efforts” on issues including climate change—along with LGBT rights and reproductive justice—a move that has “hurt her credibility with” numerous power players. Asked about her role as a presidential adviser, she claimed she’s just “a daughter” sharing thoughts with her dad, despite her official title and West Wing office.

“I have my views and I share them candidly,” Ivanka told Dr. Oz, according to CBS. “And as a daughter I have the latitude to do that. But I also respect the process that my father is now president. And the American people elected him based on his agenda. And my job isn’t to undermine that agenda.”

“I don’t view it as my obligation to moderate,” she continued, “and I don’t think anyone working for a sitting president should see themselves in that capacity.”
In other words, she's just following orders.

But she's an upper-level staffer, so that excuse does not apply to her. Is she saying that it's illegitimate for her to lobby her father? Even when her father expresses sympathy for certain people who think that her and her husband are enemies of civilization and the moral equivalent of mad dogs?

Is she saying that it's illegitimate for her to lobby her father? Even when her father expresses sympathy for certain people who think that her and her husband are enemies of civilization and the moral equivalent of mad dogs?
Dude, she HAS to know that anything she says is going to find it's way back to Daddy.
If she even hints that she figures it's a duty to change his orders, to hamper his plans, to foil his dastardly agenda, he'll punish her. Or forever view her suggestions with suspicion, and maybe do the opposite out of spite.

This is why she'll be among the last to have influence over Trump, when he's fired everyone else who has used the phrase, "Sir, you cannot do that!"

Actually, I'll be a bit accepting of just following orders. That's pretty much what Trump women do.

This is why there should be a rule against family members being staffers. Where people fit into the power structure and what their role is should be clearly defined. If she's just a daughter giving an opinion, why are taxpayers giving her a salary and having her take up an office so that someone who might be productive ends up on another floor or the like?

Actually, I'll be a bit accepting of just following orders. That's pretty much what Trump women do.
But this is the passive aggressive bs that they trot out to keep people from questioning her or him. She is brilliant when it comes to passing the buck. She is always on message.

But this is the passive aggressive bs that they trot out to keep people from questioning her or him. She is brilliant when it comes to passing the buck. She is always on message.

Yeah, it's actually amazing how on-message she is. No wonder she is the favored child by all accounts. She is clearly the savviest.

The brothers are thoroughly "Tweedledee and Tweedledum".

Ivanka Trump’s latest admission proves the rotten apple has not fallen far from the tree

It started with how she stated that she suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her children, and then got into how her company had not offered maternity leave.

While Ivanka and husband Jared Kushner have repeatedly been presented as “moderating influences” in the White House, the couple have demonstrated little ability to alter Trump’s regressive agenda. According to a widely shared piece in the most recent issue of Vanity Fair, Ivanka has “tried to distance herself from her own efforts” on issues including climate change—along with LGBT rights and reproductive justice—a move that has “hurt her credibility with” numerous power players. Asked about her role as a presidential adviser, she claimed she’s just “a daughter” sharing thoughts with her dad, despite her official title and West Wing office.

“I have my views and I share them candidly,” Ivanka told Dr. Oz, according to CBS. “And as a daughter I have the latitude to do that. But I also respect the process that my father is now president. And the American people elected him based on his agenda. And my job isn’t to undermine that agenda.”

“I don’t view it as my obligation to moderate,” she continued, “and I don’t think anyone working for a sitting president should see themselves in that capacity.”

But she's an upper-level staffer, so that excuse does not apply to her. Is she saying that it's illegitimate for her to lobby her father? Even when her father expresses sympathy for certain people who think that her and her husband are enemies of civilization and the moral equivalent of mad dogs?
If she is as smart as people say, she would be smart enough to know to avoid saying she can change what is left of her father's mind in order to continue to have some influence.

If she is as smart as people say, she would be smart enough to know to avoid saying she can change what is left of her father's mind in order to continue to have some influence.
But that is genius! Ivanka walks this absurd line of 'I'll be the reasonable side of my Father' but also sell the 'He is his own man' or 'I do not interfere with his judgments' lines. It is a flat out lie, but people have bought it. Ivanka sells that she is empathetic enough to make up for her father's chronic apathy. She is a living Trademark for the Trump brand. You are supposed to think of her when dealing with Trump.

She is a hollow shell of a person that is reprehensible because she sells this shit so well. It is getting exposed now, but it took a long bloody time.

Back
Top Bottom