• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ivanka Trump plays a scientist in a photo op

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Ivanka Trump Called Out For ‘Cosplaying’ As A Scientist In Latest Weird Photo Op | HuffPost
Ivanka Trump, daughter of President Donald Trump, visited Iowa on Monday to promote her father’s stalled infrastructure initiative.

While touring a local education program, the White House adviser donned a lab jacket, goggles and a pair of gloves and conducted a science experiment. She measured the nicotine levels in the “vape juice” used in e-cigarettes, Business Insider reported.
The article includes some pictures of her at that event, including her as a lab worker -- and some people's rather snarky reactions.

But I doubt that it is much worse than Presidential candidate Mike Dukakis posing in a tank, something that he was much ridiculed for.

Well, her dad pretend to be a president.

Also reminded me another pretend to be scientist:
screen%20shot%202015-07-08%20at%206.02.50%20pm.png

I've never seen anyone pour from a 10 mL volumetric flask...

I know, right? Or into a small tube. And her gloves don't fit and aren't worn properly. The sleeves of her sweater (cashmere,I am sure) should not extend beyond the cuffs of her lab coat, which should be covered by her gloves. Why isn't her lovely, lovely blonde hair tied back where it won't contaminate whatever she thinks she is doing or catch fire? What? You don't see any open flames from a bunsen burner? We're supposed to use our imaginations, aren't we?

Wearing goggles and a lab coat is "cosplaying"? :confused: I certainly wouldn't want her to shoot an educational video on lab work in street clothes, that would be terrible modeling for children. There's a practical reason for lab equipment, it's not just a fashion statement.

There is little harm wearing a lab coat and pouring liquids instead of using maybe a pippette.

The problem here is that this is an engineered attempt to once again make Ivanka look like "the smart one". Why is she doing this in the first place? This isn't a Soup Kitchen and you are helping to clean pans or handing out food... this is a lab.

Scientist: So Ivanka, we really want to be certain that this visit is about you and your brand, not about this place and what we do for a living.
Ivanka: So I put on a coat and pour liquids into different thingies? Is this dangerous?
Scientist: A little, that is dihydrogen monoxide you are pouring there needlessly from one vessel to another.
Ivanka: Wow, I didn't know scientisting was so easy, I bet even Donnie Jr. could do this.
Scientist: *eye roll*

There is little harm wearing a lab coat and pouring liquids instead of using maybe a pippette.

The problem here is that this is an engineered attempt to once again make Ivanka look like "the smart one". Why is she doing this in the first place? This isn't a Soup Kitchen and you are helping to clean pans or handing out food... this is a lab.

Scientist: So Ivanka, we really want to be certain that this visit is about you and your brand, not about this place and what we do for a living.
Ivanka: So I put on a coat and pour liquids into different thingies? Is this dangerous?
Scientist: A little, that is dihydrogen monoxide you are pouring there needlessly from one vessel to another.
Ivanka: Wow, I didn't know scientisting was so easy, I bet even Donnie Jr. could do this.

Reminds me, my professor once had to use my lab for some photos for an interview... Loaned a labcoat and glasses and sat there between variously colored liquids that I had mixed for him to make it look sciency lol

Reminds me, my professor once had to use my lab for some photos for an interview... Loaned a labcoat and glasses and sat there between variously colored liquids that I had mixed for him to make it look sciency lol
Kinda the way movie computers had reel-to-reel tapes long after everyone but the Air Force had moved on... That was how people knew it was a computer.

Kinda the way movie computers had reel-to-reel tapes long after everyone but the Air Force had moved on... That was how people knew it was a computer.
Or how Hawking had that computer voice to sound all Science Fictiony.

Back
Top Bottom