• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Justice Dept. wants to know if you visited anti-Trump website

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.
“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

Yeah, I heard about that story and was quite a bit perplexed by it. On what basis would the Justice Department even think they have a reason to such information.

Yeah, I heard about that story and was quite a bit perplexed by it. On what basis would the Justice Department even think they have a reason to such information.

On the basis that Trump and Sessions think that they can do anything they want with the DOJ because Godless Liberals, that's why.

Oh, poor Sessions. He could have resigned with dignity a few months ago. Now he has to be associated with Racist Trump.

If the guy wasn't such an asshole, I'd feel bad for him.

Oh, poor Sessions. He could have resigned with dignity a few months ago. Now he has to be associated with Racist Trump.

If the guy wasn't such an asshole, I'd feel bad for him.

That little rat-faced fuck is more dangerous than Trump.

I think it would a lot easier for the DOJ to keep track of who visits pro-Trump sites, and just go after everyone else.

Ha! I see what you did there. On a related note, there was a study released a few months ago comparing the high % of "negative" press in the media about Donald Trump.They used a coding scheme that was used if prior research which counts a report as "negative" if it contains words that generally have negative associations. Although they did find he got much more "negative" press than past presidents in their first 100 days, they found that most of it was not any kind of editorial or opinion pieces, but just factual reporting of specific events, including what Trump said via his own twitter account (which usually has a negative tone). Other events that cannot be accurately described without words having negative associations were the FBI "investigating" the Russia situation, the courts "ruling against" Trumps bans, his cabinet being "fired" or "resigning", and the countless "protests" against him.

IOW, reality is Anti-Trump, so they'll need to include all scientific websites on their list.

Back
Top Bottom