• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kids mispronouncing stuff

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Every kid mispronounces words when they're little and learning language, and it's always so cute and funny, and sometimes even embarrassing, like my nephew who said "firefuck."

What funny mispronounced words did your kids and grandkids say?

Stephanie Miller used to play a clip of a kid saying "Goerge Bush is a dump truck". You can imagine what it sounded like.

My nephew loved to identify and learn about animals, and would say "fucks" when he meant "fox". My dad, who was notoriously anti-swearing, would have him on his lap showing him an animal picture book and would repeatedly go back to asking him to identify the fox in the picture. Then my dad would cackle like there's no tomorrow, followed by my nephew who began laughing because his grandpa was laughing, but not knowing why. Me, my sister and her childhood friend were watching from the sidelines also ROTFLing, not so much about my nephew but because it was so out of character for my dad to be so jovial about swearing. Had I said "fuck" around him when I was a kid, it would be no TV for a week.

Every kid mispronounces words when they're little and learning language, and it's always so cute and funny, and sometimes even embarrassing, like my nephew who said "firefuck."

What funny mispronounced words did your kids and grandkids say?
Actually, my kids corrected my pronunciation.
I got cut off in traffic, shouted, "Moron!" My 4-year-old, "No, Daddy, he's a sock-fucking bastard!"

Being a bookish child, I was famous when I was younger for using giant words in daily conversation but consistently misapplying and pronouncing them. As you do. I once had a tantrum and yelled at my older sister "Why must you be so Auntie DeLove-ian about this?" My parents thereafter would occasionally comment, when I was in a snit, "Has Auntie De Love struck again, dear?"

My daughter loved Seuss' "Fox in Socks" when she was a toddler. Unfortunately it came out as "Fuckin Socks" ....

so back in the day, we were on vacation with my parents. I knew she wanted me to read it to her extremely quickly without stumbling, as that was our game. So I asked her, what she wanted before bedtime ... She roared, "I want my fuckin socks!!!" ..

The look on my mom's face was priceless.... Shocked at first, then absolutely tickled. Of course she then said I had a truck/fuck issue when I was a toddler. Apparently, in the backseat of a friend's car with my playmate I pointed and said, "Look at that big fuck" ... That took the friends a sec to realize I was pointing at a truck.

My two year old daughter once saw mommy coming out of the shower and remarked, “Mommy, you sure have a hairy pussy!”

I think she picked up the term at day care somehow. I’m still in a state of shock 24 years later.

My two year old daughter once saw mommy coming out of the shower and remarked, “Mommy, you sure have a hairy pussy!”

I think she picked up the term at day care somehow. I’m still in a state of shock 24 years later.
Apperently mommy isn't Brazilian.

Our daughter, age 6 at the time, was talking to a friend, but her brother, age 4, kept bothering her. She finally lost it and yelled, “Stop erupting me!”, which perfectly described the situation.

Back
Top Bottom