• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

KKK membership for Hispanic, Blacks, Jews and Gays?

International Business Times: Ku Klux Klan Opens its Doors to Hispanic, Blacks, Jews and Gays

White supremacist organisation, the Ku Klux Klan is rebranding as the "new Klan" by trying to increase membership to Jews, black people, gays and those of Hispanic origin.

To Quote Jay-Z to the "New Klan", "We don't believe you you need more people" And more diverse people, too.

They're shockingly uncreative about the rebranding, consider that they still have "Klan" in their title.

Why 'reform' something that's so vilified?
Wouldn't it just be simpler to come up with an entirely new brand? Something safer than Klan, like maybe Hitler's Kindergarten or McCarthy's Blacklist Rainbowlist.

Based on John Abbar's twitter activities, he does not appear so "reformed".(check out the 2 pics, scrolling down...)

https://twitter.com/thehoodedone33

Further, let's dig a bit deeper as to what might be his actual motivation :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/john-abarr-montana-candid_n_869802.html

2 fails regarding his political career. It appears that,

Abarr said the election of President Barack Obama prompted him to get back into politics.

"I think that the fact Obama got elected shows that the white people are starting to lose their political power," said Abarr, who last week filed the paperwork to let him start raising money. "I am running to draw attention to the fact that white people are becoming a minority and losing our political power and way of life."

did not captivate the undivided attention of Caucasian origin Montana potential donors to his campaign and resulted in (once more) the GOP making sure voters would know that the party wants nothing to do with Abarr.

Possibly, Abarr is still pipe dreaming about another try at a political career if he can convince Blacks, Jews and Gay persons to finance his campaign and vote for him the next time around....

His so called "reformed" KKK branch and olive tree branch handed to the NAACP is no different than if PETA were to organize a fund raising event inviting membership by handing out free meals coupons for KFC!

Based on John Abbar's twitter activities, he does not appear so "reformed".(check out the 2 pics, scrolling down...)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/john-abarr-montana-candid_n_869802.html

Abarr said the election of President Barack Obama prompted him to get back into politics.

"I think that the fact Obama got elected shows that the white people are starting to lose their political power," said Abarr, who last week filed the paperwork to let him start raising money. "I am running to draw attention to the fact that white people are becoming a minority and losing our political power and way of life."

did not captivate the undivided attention of Caucasian origin Montana potential donors to his campaign and resulted in (once more) the GOP making sure voters would know that the party wants nothing to do with Abarr.

Possibly, Abarr is still pipe dreaming about another try at a political career if he can convince Blacks, Jews and Gay persons to finance his campaign and vote for him the next time around....

His so called "reformed" KKK branch and olive tree branch handed to the NAACP is no different than if PETA were to organize a fund raising event inviting membership by handing out free meals coupons for KFC!
And considering the number of white people who used their political power to elect Obama, he shows some fundamentally flawed thinking in general.

Side note: This is why Socrates didn't like democracy. He knew we humans are too stupid as a group to know who we're giving power to. I know the KKK is considered extreme and shouldn't count as "we," but they do have a following of people who remain hooded in their racist views. We vote in anti-science religious zealots routinely, so why not blatantly irrational, hate-driven racists, too?

And considering the number of white people who used their political power to elect Obama, he shows some fundamentally flawed thinking in general.

Side note: This is why Socrates didn't like democracy. He knew we humans are too stupid as a group to know who we're giving power to. I know the KKK is considered extreme and shouldn't count as "we," but they do have a following of people who remain hooded in their racist views. We vote in anti-science religious zealots routinely, so why not blatantly irrational, hate-driven racists, too?
I will guess that if there is (unfortunately) some popularity regarding anti science zealots (looking at the direction of religious minded folks), there is not so much popularity and support for self declared racists or White Supremacists. Many people do not want to be associated with identified hate groups listed by the Anti Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Whereas the anti science zealots do not fall under "hate group" categories.

I will guess that if there is (unfortunately) some popularity regarding anti science zealots (looking at the direction of religious minded folks), there is not so much popularity and support for self declared racists or White Supremacists. Many people do not want to be associated with identified hate groups listed by the Anti Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Whereas the anti science zealots do not fall under "hate group" categories.

Yes, true. My point was only that we elect dumbass people of questionable mental stability and reason, not pointing out the overlap between religious ideology and racism, however big or small that overlap might actually be.

Back
Top Bottom