• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Krysten Sinema Leaves Democratic Party

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Well, damn! Sinema now says she will register as an Independent. And is up for re-election in 2024. As an Independent. Hopefully Sinema has just sidelined herself.

That's good to have her out, but her run could bring a real possibility of vote splitting. It may be best to buy her off and give her a position as the State Department's Culinary Ambassador or something, so she can travel the world going on wine tours and shit to find things for state dinners - whatever she's into, doesn't matter, just pay her to go away.

Well, the liberal left has fucked her over royally, and fuck them for this. She was never a liberal in the Senate, she represents Arizona!

She says she won't caucus with the GOP, which means what, I'm not certain. The important thing is that there is a 51 to 49 control of the Senate, at least on paper. Though, I'm uncertain if 50-49-1 counts as a majority.

article said:
In a 45-minute interview, the first-term senator told POLITICO that she will not caucus with Republicans and suggested that she intends to vote the same way she has for four years in the Senate. “Nothing will change about my values or my behavior,” she said.

51 Senators includes 2 Independents who caucus with the Democrats. Angus King and Bernie Sanders. So, including Sinema, the Democrats technically only have 48 senators. Sinema, despite being a Democratic pest, if she still caucuses with the Democrats, still gives them 51 senators. If she fails to do so like Sanders and King, she stands to be booted from committees the Democrats control and Democratic caucuses. And a lot of Democratic big donors will have nothing to do with her if she screws the Democrats.

Her ad announcing this ended with, “I’ll be who I’ve always been - a Senator who gets things done.”

I shit you not, she said that.

Concern is that she’s not popular enough to run as an independant and win, but she is popular enough to run as an independent and make the Democrat lose.

Given the hatred she was given by many Dems for opposing the Bernie agenda (with a Biden sticker over "Bernie") like the $3,500,000,000,000.00 Spendapalooza, I can't say I blame her.

Well, the liberal left has fucked her over royally, and fuck them for this. She was never a liberal in the Senate, she represents Arizona!

She says she won't caucus with the GOP, which means what, I'm not certain. The important thing is that there is a 51 to 49 control of the Senate, at least on paper. Though, I'm uncertain if 50-49-1 counts as a majority.

article said:
In a 45-minute interview, the first-term senator told POLITICO that she will not caucus with Republicans and suggested that she intends to vote the same way she has for four years in the Senate. “Nothing will change about my values or my behavior,” she said.
I hope you're being ironic about blaming this on the liberal left. She started with the Green Party, migrated to Dems, voted Republican and is now "Independent." She was at best, a DINO but generally just fucked over her party whenever she could. I should have realized she'd jump ship if Warnock won in GA. This just affords her more opportunities for attention and grift.

It places the Dems in a difficult position though: If they primary her (and surely they were planning to) they might hand a win to the Republicans. OTOH, I hear there is a lot of excitement and support for Ruben Gallegos to succeed Sinema as a Dem.

Her ad announcing this ended with, “I’ll be who I’ve always been - a Senator who gets things done.”

She did. She held Biden back a bit, but when it came to everything else that mattered, like a Supreme Court seat, judicial nominations, ultimately big pieces of legislation we didn't dream of being possible... all of that happened. Could it have been better? Yes. Could it have been worse? Much!

article said:
I hope you're being ironic about blaming this on the liberal left. She started with the Green Party, migrated to Dems, voted Republican and is now "Independent." She was at best, a DINO but generally just fucked over her party whenever she could. I should have realized she'd jump ship if Warnock won in GA. This just affords her more opportunities for attention and grift.

It places the Dems in a difficult position though: If they primary her (and surely they were planning to) they might hand a win to the Republicans. OTOH, I hear there is a lot of excitement and support for Ruben Gallegos to succeed Sinema as a Dem.
The left-wing badgered her for two years. I have criticism with her, mainly with her lack of communication with the White House, and in general, her voters. She never really seemed to explain a thing about her position, where she wanted things to go. Are we going to do better in Arizona than her? Well... other than a rock star astronaut? Probably not. Granted, Arizona is a state that can help by people nominating terrible opponents. But are we going to want a three way race? The GOP ain't voting for her! We are stuck with Sinema unless she quits.

She did. She held Biden back a bit, but when it came to everything else that mattered, like a Supreme Court seat, judicial nominations, ultimately big pieces of legislation we didn't dream of being possible... all of that happened. Could it have been better? Yes. Could it have been worse? Much!

article said:

The left-wing badgered her for two years. I have criticism with her, mainly with her lack of communication with the White House, and in general, her voters. She never really seemed to explain a thing about her position, where she wanted things to go. Are we going to do better in Arizona than her? Well... other than a rock star astronaut? Probably not. Granted, Arizona is a state that can help by people nominating terrible opponents. But are we going to want a three way race? The GOP ain't voting for her! We are stuck with Sinema unless she quits.
Depends on how many people are too disgusted with the GOP to vote for another candidate. Depends a lot on the next year and a half.

Depends on how many people are too disgusted with the GOP to vote for another candidate. Depends a lot on the next year and a half.
You see how many people in the US voted for Trump after that dumpster fire?! Only a smidgeon of the right-wing can be trusted not to vote for insanity. Walker and Trump prove it. And it isn't like Sinema won her seat by a landslide either. Arizona is reddish purple, despite it going for Biden (barely). The Dems keep winning there because the base keeps putting fools on the ballot. But no way they'll put someone that'll be so bad that Sinema doesn't split the left vote.

Sinema isn't on my Top 10 for favorite Senators, but she is high on the list of senators we can't afford to lose.

Not entirely sure if Sinema registered as Independent or just Irrelevant. Her political career has a definite use-by date either way.

You see how many people in the US voted for Trump after that dumpster fire?! Only a smidgeon of the right-wing can be trusted not to vote for insanity. Walker and Trump prove it. And it isn't like Sinema won her seat by a landslide either. Arizona is reddish purple, despite it going for Biden (barely). The Dems keep winning there because the base keeps putting fools on the ballot. But no way they'll put someone that'll be so bad that Sinema doesn't split the left vote.

Sinema isn't on my Top 10 for favorite Senators, but she is high on the list of senators we can't afford to lose.
She needs to be replaced by an actual democrat.

I hope you're being ironic about blaming this on the liberal left.
Progressives are to blame yes, but more so even Biden and congressional leadership for caving to the progs.
She started with the Green Party
We were all young and dumb once. :)

She was at best, a DINO but generally just fucked over her party whenever she could. I should have realized she'd jump ship if Warnock won in GA. This just affords her more opportunities for attention and grift.
You may call her a DINO but she and Joe Manchin saved us from double-digit inflation due to the $3.5T Spendapalooza bill.

Who is really to blame is Biden for caving in to the lefty fringe demands for a massive spending bill in addition to all the COVID and infrastructure spending. And Schumer and Pelosi in Congress for going along.

Ruben Gallego. No "s". And yes, I am sure he'd go along with whatever Biden and Schumer want. Senators are supposed to represent the citizens of their respective states, and not just blindly follow the party leadership. That's why I have much more respect for people like Sinema and Manchin as compared to "party men" (and women).

Not entirely sure if Sinema registered as Independent or just Irrelevant. Her political career has a definite use-by date either way.
I'm not so sure. 1/3 of Arizona voters are independent. Believe it or not, she's voted in 93% agreement with Biden. This will make it difficult for dems to run a viable candidate against her as it would split the ticket, giving another seat to republicans.

Back
Top Bottom