• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Loki

Brian63

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker/atheist/humanist
Recently I finished watching the entire MCU series of movies, in an order that other sites recommended for the sake of continuity. Spoiler alert: In the beginning of Infinity Wars, Thanos had killed Loki. Given that Loki has abilities and affinities for deception and is nicknamed "God of mischief" I had thought his apparent death would actually be an illusion, and that at the end of Endgame it would actually somehow be him who ultimately surprised everyone and saved the day, somehow. Turns out I was wrong, and Loki was killed.

I have not seen any episodes of the Loki series and do not have enough interest to start, but am just curious---does that show represent a prequel to the movies and is about his life prior to becoming a villain who becomes killed, or does it written in that his death was really an elaborate delusion that he played on others, or something else?

Thanks.

I don’t think this is a spoiler since you find out right at the beginning of the series, but if you recall in the final Avengers movie when they were time traveling they bungled their encounter with Loki and he managed to escape with the tesseract. Well, that spawned a new timeline and the series follows that thread.

Only two episodes into Loki, think a third is out now. Loki, to me, is a difficult character to work with especially in a television show, but I think the writers are doing a good job of managing his character. The three Marvel series have been very good. Wandavision was brilliant story telling while the Falcon and Winter Soldier was incredible character development. The franchise is in a transition at this point, being post Infinity Gauntlet and everything just seems to continue to be taken in a positive and constructive direction that maintains the existing universe and the consequences of almost all of the previous films.

Back
Top Bottom