• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Lying flat" in China - doing the minimum to survive (possibly homeless)

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
In China "lying flat" / lyingflatism means:
not working
not buying a house
not spending
not getting married
not having children
not pursuing any career
reducing personal desires
spending the minimum to survive

By young people who "refuse to be money making machines".

I guess this could get worse if there was "universal basic income". At the moment some of them work one or two months in a year....

On the other hand a lot of Chinese people have a "996" job (9am-9pm 6 days per week). Also "007" refers to 24 hour on call work, 7 days a week (0am - 0am).

Follow up video:
Says some also don't look for love
Talks about problems with traditional factories finding labor:
And an example of a person spending US$31 per month....

I guess this would be better for the environment....

when's the last time you got laid?
Well the first time I held hands, etc, was when I was 29 but now I've been happily married for 9 years. Lately we share a wacky sense of humour. I'd better not "over share" about sex.

See Xi, you went about this all wrong. You’re suppose to fill their heads with wants and desires from an early age and then put their asses to work in an endless pursuit of more and more shit. Instead you thought you’d what, appeal to their sense of nationalism? Someone needs to go back and look at their 14 point plan.
And in the meantime, don’t piss and moan that things aren’t going your way. When life hands you lemons, make Camperforce.
America did it right. We redefined happiness to be a useless pile of shit and a house big enough to hold it all.
What a newb.

Mike Royko used to ask why Michael Jackson was always grabbing his crotch, wondered if maybe he had crabs or something. Too bad Mike is gone, he'd have the answer.

Back
Top Bottom