• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Male flasher confronted in LA Spa

Since this was a trans person I very much doubt they were being blatant about it--trans people don't like their wrong body parts.

Do you have evidence to support that claim?
Sure, some trans people are like that. But surely not all, and I do not know whether most trans women have those feelings. I do not see any statistics. But in any case, here is an activist website: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/truth-about-trans#gender-reassignment

But for other trans people surgery isn’t something they want. Being trans isn’t about having (or not having) particular body parts. It’s something that’s absolutely core to a trans person’s identity and doesn’t alter - whatever outward appearances might be.

Funnily, they also say "And frankly, it’s no one else’s business: you wouldn’t dream of asking someone else what they’ve got going on under their clothes, so why would anyone think it’s appropriate to ask a trans person?!", as if the debate did not include cases like the one in the OP.

Personally, in the current political environment, I side with liberals most of the time, but I will diverge a little bit here and say that I think it's okay to have "No penises allowed" areas. Especially in private enterprises and especially areas where penises are almost guaranteed to be observed.

We still have no confirmation that the incident even took place. It's probably just a setup, them screaming about something that didn't actually happen.

Not sure I agree that trenchcoat flashing would be considered a sexual act. And what about women who protest bare breasted about <insert non-nudity related cause> in public? Is that a sexual act too? Perhaps in some legal sense. Many of these guys are just exhibitionists and attention whores. As far as consent, I don't think the women in the spa consented to being shown the guys penis, either. I believe he was pretty blatant about showing the goods....not discreet.

Did you read something besides the OP story? Because, there you just hear the one lady's version, and she doesn't even get that specific.

For people saying other countries are fine with coed nudity, that doesn't really solve anything now in places where it is not currently accepted. There would have to be a cultural shift on the issue before you can expect people to not be bothered by it.

Yeah. We're not Finland, if that comment was accurate. Where I swim, there's a man who walks his 6- or 7-year-old daughter into the men's changing room. When they're leaving the pool at the end of their swim, that means walking directly through the shower room to get to the lockers. Call me super old-fashioned, but I'm not up for standing under the shower and suddenly having a 2nd grade girl walk past. These are gang showers without dividers. I wouldn't dream of going up to a young child I don't know, out on the street, and talking to her. This day & age? No way. There's no conceivable point in that -- unless, I guess, she was lost and sobbing or some scenario similar to that. And kids are told and told and told about Stranger Danger. But somehow the walk-through is okay? I guess I'll have to visit Finland and get enlightened.

This is a good discussion. Sounds like the person is a perv.

But it got me to thinking about women nursing their infants in public and how so many people think this is indecent. Makes you wonder about people. And I gotta admit that when I see a nursing mother I get an instant erection and just want to suck on those tits too.

It's infuriating actually to know that such shameless behavior as nursing an infant in public is even considered decent in some circles, and that I have to take special precautions to shield my children from seeing such a thing.

Mercy!

You mean there actually was an incident? The initial reporting looked far more like a setup.

I don't see indecent exposure here, anyway.

There's still no actual evidence that she was even there, a claim that the facility itself has always denied. There's just the word of the LAPD, which was not present at the scene, and the solemn word of anti-Trans activist and tabloid "reporter " Andy Ngo, who also wasn't present at the scene. I believe that they are showing their hand when they describe Agee Melager as a "known sex offender". What they mean is that they've arrested her before for allegedly very similar offenses, making her a convenient target for further harassment on their part. Once you're in their rolodex, you're never safe again.

To say nothing of the NY Post, which is preposterously claiming that the accused, who has refused to grant interviews to anyone, gave them a self-incriminating exclusive in conversation with a reporter that most trans folks in the country would immediately recognize as a dangerous interlocutor. Really? If you were accused of a crime, would you give an exclusive interview to a tabloid, and to no other entity?

You mean there actually was an incident? The initial reporting looked far more like a setup.

There's still no actual evidence that she was even there, a claim that the facility itself has always denied. There's just the word of the LAPD, which was not present at the scene, and the solemn word of anti-Trans activist and tabloid "reporter " Andy Ngo, who also wasn't present at the scene. I believe that they are showing their hand when they describe Agee Melager as a "known sex offender". What they mean is that they've arrested her before for allegedly very similar offenses, making her a convenient target for further harassment on their part. Once you're in their rolodex, you're never safe again.

To say nothing of the NY Post, which is preposterously claiming that the accused, who has refused to grant interviews to anyone, gave them a self-incriminating exclusive in conversation with a reporter that most trans folks in the country would immediately recognize as a dangerous interlocutor. Really? If you were accused of a crime, would you give an exclusive interview to a tabloid, and to no other entity?

Rarely is the police or a reporter actually present at the scene when an "incident" takes place. Police rely on witness interviews and physical evidence (video cameras, cell phone tracking data, etc). So, I don't know why you think its a problem in this case because the police and reporter weren't there. :confused:

Plus, there is this article from LGBTQNation, where Melager admits to being at the facility:

lgbtqnation.com/2021/09/discreet-arrest-sex-offender-made-wi-spa-case-months-right-wing-outrage/

“Everything about the Wi Spa was a bunch of garbage and lies,” Merager told the Post, according to Ngo. Referring to Cubana Angel, Merager says, “She never saw me naked. I was underwater with water all the way up to my chest.”

Also this, from Andy Ngo:

“The truth here is that four women and a minor girl, all people of color, came forward to authorities, despite the pressure that they were facing from the public.”

So, it seems settled that they have the right guy, but it remains somewhat under question as to how much genital exposure there was.

One thing that bugs me about all of this is the pejorative labeling of people as "right wingers" or "transphobics" who object to the idea of male genitalia being exposed in a female only facility. It is a reasonable position in this country at this time for people (left, right and center) to have an expectation that you will not be exposed to male genitalia if you are in a female only facility/section. Perhaps someday we will all be comfortable with coed nude facilities , or that trans people will have have their own facilites, but until that time it is problematic.

This is a good discussion. Sounds like the person is a perv.

But it got me to thinking about women nursing their infants in public and how so many people think this is indecent. Makes you wonder about people. And I gotta admit that when I see a nursing mother I get an instant erection and just want to suck on those tits too.

It's infuriating actually to know that such shameless behavior as nursing an infant in public is even considered decent in some circles, and that I have to take special precautions to shield my children from seeing such a thing.

Mercy!

I'm not sure they are a perv. It sounds to me like they consider themselves female and have a right to be naked where females have a right to be naked, but the law disagrees.

Rarely is the police or a reporter actually present at the scene when an "incident" takes place. Police rely on witness interviews and physical evidence (video cameras, cell phone tracking data, etc). So, I don't know why you think its a problem in this case because the police and reporter weren't there.
Because there is no such evidence. :realitycheck:

Plus, there is this article from LGBTQNation, where Melager admits to being at the facility:

She admitted nothing to LGBTQNation, as they did not speak with her. They rightly attribute the alleged quotation to the "reporting" of Andy Ngo, an anti-trans activist who works for one of the most notorious tabloids in the nation. Believing this quote means believing that an individual who has refused to talk to any media at all since the alleged incident, out of the blue contacted a guy she knew hated her on a fundamental level and offered him an exclusive interview. If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn that you might be interested in.

Rarely is the police or a reporter actually present at the scene when an "incident" takes place. Police rely on witness interviews and physical evidence (video cameras, cell phone tracking data, etc). So, I don't know why you think its a problem in this case because the police and reporter weren't there.
Because there is no such evidence. :realitycheck:

She admitted nothing to LGBTQNation, as they did not speak with her. They rightly attribute the alleged quotation to the "reporting" of Andy Ngo, an anti-trans activist who works for one of the most notorious tabloids in the nation. Believing this quote means believing that an individual who has refused to talk to any media at all since the alleged incident, out of the blue contacted a guy she knew hated her on a fundamental level and offered him an exclusive interview. If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn that you might be interested in.

First of all, where is it written that Melager talked directly to Andy Ngo? Ngo wrote the article for the NY Post, but that doesn't mean he was the interviewer of Melager. If I understand you correctly, you're basically claiming Melager never talked to the NY Post, Any Ngo made the whole thing up out of whole cloth, the LAPD has fabricated evidence about Melager, and the so-called witnesses at the spa (4 women and a child) didn't exist and never talked to the LAPD? THAT, to me, is quite the tall tale.

On a side note, I wonder if Melager gets convicted does he get sent to a women's prison? It will be his dream come true.

How do you know any of this?

LAPD seeking registered sex offender in June Wi-Spa incident - LA Blade

A total of five women have filed reports with the Los Angeles Police Department regarding a June 23 incident at Wi Spa, all of them claiming to have seen male genitals exposed in the women’s section of the Wilshire Boulevard health club.

One of the reports states that a woman “observed [the suspect] exit a jacuzzi fully nude. Victim observed male genitals on the suspect and became scared and upset.”
/////
Merager has a lengthy criminal history which includes nearly a dozen felony convictions for crimes ranging from sex offenses to burglary and escape. In December of 2018, investigators from the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department’s West Hollywood substation arrested Merager on seven felony indecent exposure counts, stemming from allegations of indecent exposure in front of women and children at West Hollywood Park.

LASD-Sex-Offender-453x600.jpg

This doesn't sound like a sincere trans person. Even if they are, they are still doing this after previous multiple incidents. They are going out of their way to go to public facilities and be nude in view of women. You have to make an effort to do this, you don't have to be nude in a jacuzzi.

This doesn't sound like a sincere trans person. Even if they are, they are still doing this after previous multiple incidents. They are going out of their way to go to public facilities and be nude in view of women. You have to make an effort to do this, you don't have to be nude in a jacuzzi.

Or the police are going out of the way to persecute a legitimate trans person. We do not have enough to decide which scenario is right.

How do you know any of this?

LAPD seeking registered sex offender in June Wi-Spa incident - LA Blade

A total of five women have filed reports with the Los Angeles Police Department regarding a June 23 incident at Wi Spa, all of them claiming to have seen male genitals exposed in the women’s section of the Wilshire Boulevard health club.

One of the reports states that a woman “observed [the suspect] exit a jacuzzi fully nude. Victim observed male genitals on the suspect and became scared and upset.”
/////
Merager has a lengthy criminal history which includes nearly a dozen felony convictions for crimes ranging from sex offenses to burglary and escape. In December of 2018, investigators from the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department’s West Hollywood substation arrested Merager on seven felony indecent exposure counts, stemming from allegations of indecent exposure in front of women and children at West Hollywood Park.

View attachment 35192

No one is disputing that the police have accused this person of misdeeds.

Oh brother, they have several witness statements, there's a quote from them in the article. This isn't police making it up out of whole cloth.

An interesting situation;

The tony Koreatown health club became the scene of a showdown over nudity in gendered spaces after a customer confronted spa staff about a trans woman with male genitals being allowed to disrobe in the spa’s female section. The ruckus was caught on camera and quickly went viral on Twitter on Sunday, fueling a furious online debate—with threats of a boycott against the spa—about the rights of trans people to use women’s spaces versus the rights of cisgender females to not be exposed to male anatomy.

LAMAG

Step forward a virtue signaling wokester who must come to the defense of the "trans gender" person who is the subject of the objections. Now, in these situations, shouldn't a "trans gender" person do the courteous thing and keep their dick and balls under wraps ?

When I was young flashers were a problem in Stockholm society. You don't hear about it anymore. I somehow doubt this behaviour has gone away. I suspect it's been normalised and is accepted. And if you object you're transphobic.

Back
Top Bottom