• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Male Startup Blasted on Social Media for Creating a Period Glove

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist

As they should be.

Two German men decided to create a pink disposable period glove so people don't get menstrual blood on their hands when removing tampons and other period products.

Pinky Gloves was originally designed so period products could be disposed of properly and more discreetly.

The founders said after they moved into a "women's flat" they noticed there was "no good solution when it came to the disposal of tampons."

Poor babies! They deserve every bit of backlash they've received.

To their credit, they did apologize and promise to do better moving forward, and refrained from defensive mansplaining.

In summary, don't period shame women and don't make up fake problems for women for you to "solve" without first consulting women and examining your assumptions.

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Progressives gone wild, the flip side of wacky conservatives.

Sounds like a useful product, certainly as useful as battery orated vibrating dildos that have long been sold commercially.

If men ar supposed to cater to female sensitivities, like keeping the toilet seat down, then sanitary products to handle disposal of female products is certainly not an issue.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist

Sounds like a useful product, certainly as useful as battery orated vibrating dildos that have long been sold commercially.

If men ar supposed to cater to female sensitivities, like keeping the toilet seat down, then sanitary products to handle disposal of female products is certainly not an issue.

You are just trying to goad me. There's no way you are either as stupid or as misogynistic as all that. :rofl:

Also, you should read the article. Those guys got a clue eventually. Maybe you could learn from their example. :)

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic

You are just trying to goad me. There's no way you are either as stupid or as misogynistic as all that. :rofl:

Also, you should read the article. Those guys got a clue eventually. Maybe you could learn from their example. :)

I am a knuckle dragging, cave dwelling, baby boomer male and proud of it.

You may not have the experience to understand this, women are just as bad as men. Just different sensibilities. Back in the 70s I was out for lunch with a woman friend. I jokingly asked if women write on the toilet walls like men do. She laughed and said much worse.

Oh, I forgot...women are pure and should be elevated to a pedestal? You do know don't you, women actually like and want sex.? Contrary to the old nysogynyst view that women exist for male pleasure.

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah
"This is political correctness gone mad! Tampon gloves? Great idea, that reminds me of vibrators! Men have to put the seat down so women should wear gloves when they take their tampons out! Get off my lawn! I'm a pig and proud of it! I'm not a misogynist because women are perverts too!"

skepticalbip

Contributor
Searching for reality along the long and winding r
Basic Beliefs
Everything we know is wrong (to some degree)
"This is political correctness gone mad! Tampon gloves? Great idea, that reminds me of vibrators! Men have to put the seat down so women should wear gloves when they take their tampons out! Get off my lawn! I'm a pig and proud of it! I'm not a misogynist because women are perverts too!"
There are things that women could be upset about men (and things that men could be upset about women) but being upset that the toilet seat wasn't lowered always struck me as over the top... a sign of someone too self centered. Maybe men should be upset that women don't raise the seat after they finish so the man won't have to when he is in a hurry.

Finding a raised toilet seat should be reassuring to a woman that the man raised the seat before pissing so didn't piss on the seat.

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah
There are things that women could be upset about men (and things that men could be upset about women) but being upset that the toilet seat wasn't lowered always struck me as over the top... a sign of someone too self centered. Maybe men should be upset that women don't raise the seat after they finish so the man won't have to when he is in a hurry.

Finding a raised toilet seat should be reassuring to a woman that the man raised the seat before pissing so didn't piss on the seat.

Just be glad women don't expect you to wear a special piss-yellow glove while you aim your pee-pee.

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I'm not trying to be snarky, but it seems to me like the invention has some merit, and that there could be a female audience out there for it. But if not, then the product fails and the company goes out of business. Like with any other unneeded or poorly marketed product.

I'll admit I don't follow female menstruation issues so I'm a bit uninformed, but my question to the ladies is, if you do need to remove a tampon for some reason, and there is not a trashcan around, what do you do with it? Like if you're on a long hike or out for a run or something? Littering is a bad idea, so do you just put it as-is in your pocket? You don't need the Pinky Gloves product, but it seems like having some sort of plastic bag handy to put it in would be of benefit.

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Just be glad women don't expect you to wear a special piss-yellow glove while you aim your pee-pee.

:) I do know one poor guy whose wife makes him drop his pants and sit to pee. I keep telling him that he really needs to either grow a pair or install a urinal.

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah

:) I do know one poor guy whose wife makes him drop his pants and sit to pee. I keep telling him that he really needs to either grow a pair or install a urinal.

Either he should've improved his aim, cleaned up his spillage, or both, instead of expecting his wife to clean up after him like Mummy used to. :D

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
The period glove was a very stupid idea so it's good that these clueless men apologized. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with menstrual bleeding, but I can't remember one time ever getting blood on my hands, and even if I did, I know how to wash my hands. I guess some men are scared of menstrual blood, but women really don't need a glove to remove tampons. We're not little babies. Good grief. We experience what is often one of the most painful things in life. It's called giving birth. Been there, done that. It a'int easy.

Since one of you felt the need to mention sex toys.....the best female sex toys are the ones invented or at least influenced by women. A few years ago, the New York Times discussed some very interesting ones. Only a male would think that a woman would want a penis shaped vibrator. The ones that were advertised in the NYTimes were, if memory serves me correctly, like little butterflies the a woman could let vibrate over her clitoris. It even gave instructions how men could use them to add some fun when they were having sex with their female partners. There are a lot of men who could use some help in learning how to please a woman....but I digress.

Now, since some of the men mentioned toilet seats, I feel I need to respond. A toilet seat is just that. It's a seat, not something that is supposed to be left in an abnormal position. I've been married to a very thoughtful man for about 40 years and not once did I almost fall into the toilet in the middle of a dark night because of him leaving the seat in an unnatural position. No! He knows where the seat belongs, plus he's super talented in that he can pee standing up or sitting down. Do you guys realize that in many cultures, men sit to pee? That's a good thing because sometimes old men are no longer able to stand and it's hard to learn to sit and pee when you've been standing all of your life. As a former nurse who sometimes cared for very old men, I know what I'm talking about. So, here's some advice for you old farts. Start practicing to pee while seated, just in case, you find yourself unable to stand in your old age. :)

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
It is called the free market entrepreneurial economy. Stupid or not find something people will buy.

I get it, women are pure men are pigs. That is the PC narrative.

It is a witch hunt to root out al those evil misogynists, gone crazy.

I saw an infomercial on TV for this place. For the woman a battery operated clit vibrator that can be worn during the day with an on off button in a pocket. For stress relief during the day.

https://www.adameve.com/t-03_22_21-...and eve sex toys&utm_content=Adult_Toys_Exact

Tharmas

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Pantheist
Statistic on how many men sit down to pee: 42%.

The can't all be ball-less.

Apropos of the general topic, I had a fried who was a chemist, and generally a total nerd, but who had a certain enthusiasm for sex, let us say. He removed his wife's tampons with his teeth. His wife told me that.

So not all men are squeamish about women's menstrual cycles (I admit to be a bit squeamish personally).

Last edited:

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist

Apropos of the general topic, I had a fried who was a chemist, and generally a total nerd, but who had a certain enthusiasm for sex, let us say. He removed his wife's tampons with his teeth. His wife told me that.

So not all men are squeamish about women's menstrual cycles (I admit to be a bit squeamish personally).

I read your link. I just want to assure the men that I never pressured my beloved husband to sit down to pee. He had already established that talent long before we met. He's multitalented in so many ways. :)

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

There is a difference between sitting down to pee because you want to (I generally do in the morning before stepping into the shower cause I'm already naked and still groggy from sleep) and sitting down to pee because the wife orders you to.

While I'm not squeamish about a women's menstrual cycle, I think your chemist friend is a bit of a freak.

abaddon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
agnostic
... my question to the ladies is, if you do need to remove a tampon for some reason, and there is not a trashcan around, what do you do with it? Like if you're on a long hike or out for a run or something? Littering is a bad idea, so do you just put it as-is in your pocket? You don't need the Pinky Gloves product, but it seems like having some sort of plastic bag handy to put it in would be of benefit.

If women are tossing tampons aside outdoors then I guess there'd be a reason to think it's nasty, in a similar way to men walking around spitting. But with tampons it's mostly the litter that is the problem, not the body secretions. If you blow your nose into a kleenex in the woods, you don't throw it on the side of the trail. Not because there's snot on it but because of the kleenex.

abaddon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
agnostic
And about comparative grossness... What we need to do is put boxes on the heads of males who spit. Spitting on the pavement is pretty damn gross. This ejection of bodily fluids in public is a thing I've only ever seen done by males. And since I'm male, I have inside information on THIS one! Unless all the billions of persons who don't walk around spitting on the pavement are physiologically weird, there is no good reason for this.

So, maybe I'll design a container that'll strap to men's necks...

starwater

Basic Beliefs
Centered - Democratic
I'm not trying to be snarky, but it seems to me like the invention has some merit, and that there could be a female audience out there for it. But if not, then the product fails and the company goes out of business. Like with any other unneeded or poorly marketed product.

I'll admit I don't follow female menstruation issues so I'm a bit uninformed, but my question to the ladies is, if you do need to remove a tampon for some reason, and there is not a trashcan around, what do you do with it? Like if you're on a long hike or out for a run or something? Littering is a bad idea, so do you just put it as-is in your pocket? You don't need the Pinky Gloves product, but it seems like having some sort of plastic bag handy to put it in would be of benefit.
A tampon can be flushed. However, some septic systems really don’t like it and some wastewater treatment plants (that were designed by men), don’t have a catcher for them. A pad needs to be put in the trash, so yes if there is no trash can it’s an issue. IME most public women toilets have a receptical in the toilet area for the disposable of used menstrual items, especially if the sewer system can’t handle the flushing of tampons. If I was on a hike, or a run, I would plan accordingly, new one before the trip or use a pad, or there is another reusable cup device that can last a long time.

As far as gloves for use to remove and replace? Dumb. Am I supposed to carry those around in my purse to have at the ready whenever the monthly shows up? How about at work, I just take those pink things out and walk done the hall to the toilet in plain view? Nope. This is why there are sinks with soap and water available. Too much extra trash for no reason. If I wanted a glove I would just purchase those medical blue ones that you can buy at any pharmacy.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist

*women everywhere have an epiphany* Oh my god, he's right!

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
How very odd. This is a case of men inventing a solution for women's problems that women don't actually have. I've been at this for over 30 years now... and the ONLY time I've ever ended up with menstrual blood on my hands was when I hemorrhaged and ended up in the hospital. Technically, that wasn't even menstrual blood, it was just regular old blood. Because the incredibly common ailment that a huge number of women suffer from but were never even told exited tried to kill me.

If men want to do something to help women with their periods... how about insisting that schools teach young women about endometriosis, fibroids, and ovarian cysts during health classes in schools? That would have actually been helpful.

This idea? It's a dumb and useless idea.

T.G.G. Moogly

Formerly Joedad
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Definitely "Thread of the Month" material. May I digress?

Our children are males. One day many years ago I overheard my Lovely teaching the boys how they should take toilet paper and dab the tips of their weenies after taking a wiz. As a self respecting male and as a parent looking out for the psychological wellbeing of our children I had to step in.

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

As they should be.

Two German men decided to create a pink disposable period glove so people don't get menstrual blood on their hands when removing tampons and other period products.

Pinky Gloves was originally designed so period products could be disposed of properly and more discreetly.

The founders said after they moved into a "women's flat" they noticed there was "no good solution when it came to the disposal of tampons."

Poor babies! They deserve every bit of backlash they've received.

To their credit, they did apologize and promise to do better moving forward, and refrained from defensive mansplaining.

In summary, don't period shame women and don't make up fake problems for women for you to "solve" without first consulting women and examining your assumptions.

All ideas to new companies sound like bad ideas, at the time of their inception. Otherwise other people would have done it already. The entrepreneurial spirit is exactly this. Not understanding how the world works. Rejecting the limitations everybody else thinks are set in stone. And doing it anyway.

Entrepeneurs are a special breed of human. Absolutely fucking nuts.

But we need them. Or nothing new would ever happen. Bless their little positive hearts and attitude :)

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah
All ideas to new companies sound like bad ideas, at the time of their inception. Otherwise other people would have done it already. The entrepreneurial spirit is exactly this. Not understanding how the world works. Rejecting the limitations everybody else thinks are set in stone. And doing it anyway.

But we need them. Or nothing new would ever happen. Bless their little positive hearts and attitude

You're right! These guys are champions of capitalism, pushing the envelope in the field of pointless plastic shit.

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

But we need them. Or nothing new would ever happen. Bless their little positive hearts and attitude

You're right! These guys are champions of capitalism, pushing the envelope in the field of pointless plastic shit.

Well... isn't that 99% of everything we blow our money on? Today I bought a t-shirt for my girlfriend with the text "Necronomicook" and a picture of Lovecraft cooking. Was this a life sustaining item? No. Would she have become sad, if she hadn't gotten it? Also, no. Would she have preferred not getting it? Yes. Last week I bought her a Kindle. She will never run out of paper books to read, even if she never again buys a book. On Saturday she and me am going out to a fancy dinner. We will blow more money on that meal than we normally spend on groceries for two months.

Of the stuff that I spend money on a tiny fraction is for things I actually need.

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah
Well... isn't that 99% of everything we blow our money on? Today I bought a t-shirt for my girlfriend with the text "Necronomicook" and a picture of Lovecraft cooking. Was this a life sustaining item? No. Would she have become sad, if she hadn't gotten it? Also, no. Would she have preferred not getting it? Yes. Last week I bought her a Kindle. She will never run out of paper books to read, even if she never again buys a book. On Saturday she and me am going out to a fancy dinner. We will blow more money on that meal than we normally spend on groceries for two months.

Of the stuff that I spend money on a tiny fraction is for things I actually need.

It seems like you have the luxury of being really wasteful with your money. Good for you.

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Our children are males. One day many years ago I overheard my Lovely teaching the boys how they should take toilet paper and dab the tips of their weenies after taking a wiz. As a self respecting male and as a parent looking out for the psychological wellbeing of our children I had to step in.

:confused: Step in and support them leaving urine stains in their underpants? I'm not really sure what you're stepping in about... and it's entirely possible that I have no idea where you're going with this. My spouse blots his pecker after peeing, and I've simply assumed that's normal behavior for dudes who don't want pee in their skivvies.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist

I've always wondered why bad hygiene is so important to people who pee out of their dicks. It's nasty. There is not one male that I've ever done laundry for, which is quite a few, whose underwear did not smell like pee. Why would anyone think that's cool?

I've also been suggesting openly that maybe it's time to teach boys to wipe after peeing. Just seems to be no real reason not to. Of course, this comment may well get an onslaught of "reasons," but there really isn't any except for probably one of those weird, knuckle dragging, chest thumping norms that for some reason men think make them men and without it they would be women or gay or another stupid thing based in ignorance and insecurity and lack of empathy.

But then, men don't have to be any brighter or more aware or cleaner than they are because no one really challenges them to self reflect or look any deeper into their own assumptions, just like with these two dipshits who thought that, one, periods are gross (they are not), two, women can't hygiene their own periods, three, they are mens so they of course can fix this problem that doesn't actually exist, four, there is no need to ask women any questions about this, and five, the solution should be pink so girls will like it.

Just as a fun thought experiment, maybe you could examine those assumptions and guess what's dumb about each of them. :)

I don't say any of this to be mean or to hurt anyone's fragile man-feelings, though the man-feelings will definitely get hurt, and I'm not actually in a rage like so many of you like to believe when I talk about certain things in terms you don't like. I say all this because it just needs to be said in various ways from various sources before it begins to seep past that big fluffy padding of never-having-to-think-about-women-beyond-the-most-superficial because-there's-no-consequences-for-you-if-you-don't-give-a-shit-about-half-the-human-race-beyond-the-sophomoric-assumptions-you-picked-up-in-childhood and into the collective man-conscious.

Not one of those things I listed is hard to figure out or notice what's stupid about it, meaning what should be embarrassingly stupid about it. It's not that difficult to become aware of the reasons so many otherwise excellent humans have such unintended yet massive and consequential (for others) blind spots on reality and how they might overcome them.

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I don't say any of this to be mean or to hurt anyone's fragile man-feelings, though the man-feelings will definitely get hurt, and I'm not actually in a rage like so many of you like to believe when I talk about certain things in terms you don't like.

:D I do get rather tired of always having to walk on eggshells in order not to offend male sensibilities. As far as I can tell, it's reinforcement of sexual stereotypes where women are supposed to be considerate, delicate, caring, and eternally comforting, and are supposed to prioritize the feelings and comfort of men above all else.

T.G.G. Moogly

Formerly Joedad
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian

I've always wondered why bad hygiene is so important to people who pee out of their dicks. It's nasty. There is not one male that I've ever done laundry for, which is quite a few, whose underwear did not smell like pee. Why would anyone think that's cool?

I've also been suggesting openly that maybe it's time to teach boys to wipe after peeing. Just seems to be no real reason not to. Of course, this comment may well get an onslaught of "reasons," but there really isn't any except for probably one of those weird, knuckle dragging, chest thumping norms that for some reason men think make them men and without it they would be women or gay or another stupid thing based in ignorance and insecurity and lack of empathy.

But then, men don't have to be any brighter or more aware or cleaner than they are because no one really challenges them to self reflect or look any deeper into their own assumptions, just like with these two dipshits who thought that, one, periods are gross (they are not), two, women can't hygiene their own periods, three, they are mens so they of course can fix this problem that doesn't actually exist, four, there is no need to ask women any questions about this, and five, the solution should be pink so girls will like it.

Just as a fun thought experiment, maybe you could examine those assumptions and guess what's dumb about each of them. :)

I don't say any of this to be mean or to hurt anyone's fragile man-feelings, though the man-feelings will definitely get hurt, and I'm not actually in a rage like so many of you like to believe when I talk about certain things in terms you don't like. I say all this because it just needs to be said in various ways from various sources before it begins to seep past that big fluffy padding of never-having-to-think-about-women-beyond-the-most-superficial because-there's-no-consequences-for-you-if-you-don't-give-a-shit-about-half-the-human-race-beyond-the-sophomoric-assumptions-you-picked-up-in-childhood and into the collective man-conscious.

Not one of those things I listed is hard to figure out or notice what's stupid about it, meaning what should be embarrassingly stupid about it. It's not that difficult to become aware of the reasons so many otherwise excellent humans have such unintended yet massive and consequential (for others) blind spots on reality and how they might overcome them.

That's all good stuff.

I suppose that if I'd grown up in an environment where some men dabbed their weenies and some didn't I may have become a weenie dabber and passed the acceptable habit onto my kids. But men didn't dab weenies and my concern was that if my kids dabbed their weenies they'd be marked and ridiculed. Men's facilities aren't built for the practice. It would be necessary to go into a stall, get dabbing material, then pee, then dab, then go back into the stall to toss the paper. When I was in the service the urinal was a bathtub and weenies just peed in unison with no dabbers. And there were no stalls, just crappers, no walls, you took a shit and did your pissing for all to see.

So my unfortunate upbringing didn't lend itself to men's dabbing or teaching dabbing to the men under construction. I'm certain you can understand. No doubt I can find fault with the habits of my female kin but to what end? I have no issues with women, menstruation, etc. It all is working fine and if it isn't broken doesn't need fixing, as the saying goes.

But I like new ideas that are practical, productive and advance the human condition.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
No doubt I can find fault with the habits of my female kin but to what end?
Well, obviously to the end of warding off any expectation of you questioning your own assumptions.

I have no issues with women, menstruation, etc.
Who cares? Society at large certainly does. And just for another fun thought experiment, in your own words, how does that affect women and girls?

It all is working fine and if it isn't broken doesn't need fixing, as the saying goes.
What's working fine? All the stuff that affects you personally? I would agree with that.

But I like new ideas that are practical, productive and advance the human condition.
Out of curiosity, advance how?

T.G.G. Moogly

Formerly Joedad
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Well, obviously to the end of warding off any expectation of you questioning your own assumptions.

Who cares? Society at large certainly does. And just for another fun thought experiment, in your own words, how does that affect women and girls?

It all is working fine and if it isn't broken doesn't need fixing, as the saying goes.
What's working fine? All the stuff that affects you personally? I would agree with that.

Out of curiosity, advance how?

Again, all good stuff.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Again, all good stuff.

I'm not sure I believe you really think that. Is this just a way of warding off any expectation of you answering the questions? No problem with women. Nothing broken, no need to fix. Nothing more to see here...

This isn't a trap. It's just questions from a fellow human being. Maybe I face things all the time and for as long as I can remember that you never will. Or maybe I don't. I just wish white men could be more curious and empathetic about things that don't affect them.

But I really do appreciate you not taking the easy, lazy way of responding with degrading comments and jokes about emotions, mental illness, whether or not men might find me attractive, etc., in other words, the mindless weapons that society hands you to use against women whenever you're uncomfortable. No sarcasm, that's refreshing.

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

It seems like you have the luxury of being really wasteful with your money. Good for you.

That's true for anybody living in the west, and also true for most people in the developing world. Most people in the whole world have a very bizarre relationship with the term "need". Considering how much meat supermarkets are selling and how much fancy shit is on the shelves with short expiry dates, no, I don't think I'm more wasteful with my money than most people in the world today. Most consumption today is "keeping up with the Joneses" consumption.

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Not to argue with any of you right now, but I just wanted to say that my late father always wiped his pecker after he peed and he was a proud Marine.

How do I know about the wiping? My father complained a few times that we girls were using too much toilet paper when we peed. He told us that he only used 2 sheets. Well, of course he only needed two sheets because he only had to wipe off the head of his dick, but we girls have a lot more going on down there. We have more surface to wipe and that usually requires more than 2 sheets of toilet paper. I guess he was also clueless about female anatomy, or he would realize that when we pee, the pee spreads beyond the urethra or pee hole, if you prefer slang. :)

My husband just told me that men don't have to wipe because when they shake their dicks, it empties out every tiny bit of pee. I never realized until now how important it is for a man to shake his dick after he pees. Learn something new everyday. Still, I don't know why you can't shake and wipe and I did wonder if shaking means there are little pee stains all over the bathroom. Then again, if you're cleaver enough to sit and pee, you can shake your dick into the toilet bowl to avoid getting pee all over the place. Aha! Maybe that's why some married women encourage their husbands to sit on the toilet when they pee. Plus there is the added reward of not missing the toilet and making the wife or whoever cleans it, have to clean it more often because you got pee all over the place.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all

Not in the middle of the night it don't.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Why do you think that women need this product?

It is rare that a woman would have need to remove a tampon without being in a bathroom. The only place I can think of would be on a trail while hiking or camping and in that case, one would dispose of a tampon the same way that one would dispose of other solid waste.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

That's all good stuff.

I suppose that if I'd grown up in an environment where some men dabbed their weenies and some didn't I may have become a weenie dabber and passed the acceptable habit onto my kids. But men didn't dab weenies and my concern was that if my kids dabbed their weenies they'd be marked and ridiculed. Men's facilities aren't built for the practice. It would be necessary to go into a stall, get dabbing material, then pee, then dab, then go back into the stall to toss the paper. When I was in the service the urinal was a bathtub and weenies just peed in unison with no dabbers. And there were no stalls, just crappers, no walls, you took a shit and did your pissing for all to see.

So my unfortunate upbringing didn't lend itself to men's dabbing or teaching dabbing to the men under construction. I'm certain you can understand. No doubt I can find fault with the habits of my female kin but to what end? I have no issues with women, menstruation, etc. It all is working fine and if it isn't broken doesn't need fixing, as the saying goes.

Why would you go into a stall to get toilet paper and not avail yourself of the toilet? Seems grossly impractical.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Not to argue with any of you right now, but I just wanted to say that my late father always wiped his pecker after he peed and he was a proud Marine.

How do I know about the wiping? My father complained a few times that we girls were using too much toilet paper when we peed. He told us that he only used 2 sheets. Well, of course he only needed two sheets because he only had to wipe off the head of his dick, but we girls have a lot more going on down there. We have more surface to wipe and that usually requires more than 2 sheets of toilet paper. I guess he was also clueless about female anatomy, or he would realize that when we pee, the pee spreads beyond the urethra or pee hole, if you prefer slang. :)

My husband just told me that men don't have to wipe because when they shake their dicks, it empties out every tiny bit of pee. I never realized until now how important it is for a man to shake his dick after he pees. Learn something new everyday. Still, I don't know why you can't shake and wipe and I did wonder if shaking means there are little pee stains all over the bathroom. Then again, if you're cleaver enough to sit and pee, you can shake your dick into the toilet bowl to avoid getting pee all over the place. Aha! Maybe that's why some married women encourage their husbands to sit on the toilet when they pee. Plus there is the added reward of not missing the toilet and making the wife or whoever cleans it, have to clean it more often because you got pee all over the place.

nm

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Why not? I always check to see that the seat is in the proper position for the job at hand, even in the middle of the night. I don't want to piss on the seat so check that it is up or raise it if not. Even in the middle of the night, I don't want to fall in so before plopping down to take a poo check that the seat is down or lower it if not.

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Why not? I always check to see that the seat is in the proper position for the job at hand, even in the middle of the night. I don't want to piss on the seat so check that it is up or raise it if not. Even in the middle of the night, I don't want to fall in so before plopping down to take a poo check that the seat is down or lower it if not.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.

FWIW, most plumbers not only return the seat to the sitting position but also close the toilet lid before flushing and leave the toilet lid closed. This is actually very smart as it reduces the small amount of spray--and germs which is sprayed when the toilet flushes whether you notice it or not. It also keeps pets and small children out of the toilet.

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.
Yes, in the middle of the night men are not fully awake either. But that would be a piss poor excuse for them to not check the seat position before pissing. Should men blame whoever didn't raise the seat for their pissing on it since they were extremely groggy with sleep so didn't check the seat's position?

Tharmas

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Pantheist
My wife and I enjoy pampering each other – doing little things that say “I’m thinking of you.” Putting the toilet seat down is such a little thing. I can’t imagine why so many men get up in arms over it. It’s certainly not the hill I’m going to die on in the so-called "battle of the sexes."

skepticalbip

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
My wife and I enjoy pampering each other – doing little things that say “I’m thinking of you.” Putting the toilet seat down is such a little thing. I can’t imagine why so many men get up in arms over it. It’s certainly not the hill I’m going to die on in the so-called "battle of the sexes."

I agree completely, also thinking the same way. However, sometimes there are unintended lapses. It is the women that make such a big issue of toilet seat position, criticizing men for any lapse that I have problems with. I have never lived with such a woman but have heard of and from them.

Yours sounds like a healthy relationship. One where your wife wouldn't raise hell if you occasionally forget to lower the toilet seat.

Shadowy Man

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Rational Pragmatism

Maybe some women should invent a product that men can carry around with them to wipe their penises with after using a urinal?

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Men can be pretty different. Penises vary a lot. It's just the capillary effect. It's all about length and girth and so on. They can get a bit hard for the weirdest reasons, which complicates matters.

I wiped for years until a urologist taught me (when I was in my 30'ies) the trick of pushing on a spot behind my balls, which completely empties my urethra. Works great. And I could stop both wiping and shaking. Not getting adequate education about our reproductive organs isn't a uniquely female problem.

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist

I agree completely, also thinking the same way. However, sometimes there are unintended lapses. It is the women that make such a big issue of toilet seat position, criticizing men for any lapse that I have problems with. I have never lived with such a woman but have heard of and from them.

Yours sounds like a healthy relationship. One where your wife wouldn't raise hell if you occasionally forget to lower the toilet seat.

Do wives actually raise hell if their husbands forget to put the seat back in the appropriate position? My husband has never left the seat up, but I certainly wouldn't raise hell if he did. I would either say nothing or I would joke about it. But, afaik, he only stands to pee when he's outside. That is certainly a benefit of being a male. :D I have never met a wife who raised hell over a misplaced toilet seat. I think that's an absurd claim.

Top Bottom