• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Man beaten and pepper sprayed on Hawaiin beach

ksen

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinist
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/01/04/a-monk-seal-a-chant-a-beating-a-lawsuit.htm

Summary:

A man, Jamie Rice, is performing a healing ceremony about 3 feet away from a monk seal. NOAA researchers observing the seal call the police because they worry the man is disturbing the seal and "Don't disturb the seals" signs are posted on the beach.

Officer shows up and talks with the Rice. While talking with Rice the officer pulls out his baton, puts it away and pulls out a can of pepper spray.

Rice finishes his ceremony and starts walking away from the seal, which is presumably what the officer wanted him to do.

After walking away at least 100 yards away from the seal the officer jumps in front of Rice and pepper sprays him in the face. The pepper spray has no effect on Rice who just stands there. The officer then takes out his baton and starts beating the unresisting Rice until Rice falls to the ground after which the officer kicks Rice as Rice is laying there.

Prosecutors initially declined to charge the officer but are now reexamining the case.

Rice has sued the officer in civil court.

There's a link to a video of the encounter taken by NOAA officials at the link above.

Damn hippies! I mean, last thing distressed seals want to hear is some woo-woo ceremony. He was probably thinking "Jeez, just club me already, I can't take the chanting any more!"

What I want to know though is how the hell did the hippie build up immunity to pepper spray?

I can't think of a more beautiful setting for a nice beat-down.

Damn hippies! I mean, last thing distressed seals want to hear is some woo-woo ceremony. He was probably thinking "Jeez, just club me already, I can't take the chanting any more!"

What I want to know though is how the hell did the hippie build up immunity to pepper spray?
Yeah, a person is assaulted by an officer and that is your response.

So, we haven't heard the most important info yet. What is the race of the officer, the victim and what color is the seal?

So, we haven't heard the most important info yet. What is the race of the officer, the victim and what color is the seal?

Officer Ming Wang.

I leave the rest up to you.

Yeah, a person is assaulted by an officer and that is your response.
That's his side of the story.
Actually that's the video's side of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

So, curious. Do you not give a fuck about police brutality and only really care about is complaining when a non-black is assaulted by Officers and blacks aren't up in arms about it?

I had this odd feeling that most Americans would be against brutality by Police Officers. It'd seem to be a pretty easy opinion for people to share.

I imagine this will leave some people in a bit of a tizzy because:

1) They love the police beating down and sometimes killing people, but
2) They hate the endangered species act

what to do, what to do . . .

What's the problem? He can just perform a healing ceremony on himself and get rid of all the bruises and damage. It's not like he's put out any.

What's the problem? He can just perform a healing ceremony on himself and get rid of all the bruises and damage. It's not like he's put out any.
Okay, that is just dumb, how can he share his own mana with himself?

Maybe the officer was just frustrated because he could no longer club baby monk seals. I'm sure they'll give him a pass.

Back
Top Bottom